Answered Account name hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covador

Trusted Member
Jan 29, 2017
Somehow, my username got changed, but not by me. I'd like my old username back, but I'd rather not have to wait half a year for that. Help?

I have changed your username back. Make sure to change your passwords here and elsewhere as there are two high profile hacks you could've fallen victim to.

Upvote 0
I have changed your username back. Make sure to change your passwords here and elsewhere as there are two high profile hacks you could've fallen victim to.

Thanks! I changed my password as soon as I noticed, and is there a way to prevent this sort of thing from happening again?

Upvote 0
get yourself a password generator and use at least a 12 character password that uses upper/lower case numbers and symbols

hope you guys don't mind me posting my tip since i'm not an admin but thought my idea was relevant

Upvote 0
Nope, not at all. While password strength may be a bit irrelevant in this case as there was a high-profile leak that could potentially allow attackers to gain unencrypted passwords—no bruteforcing necessary—using a password manager and generator is always a good suggestion that we also find ourselves recommending it over and over again. I personally like LastPass and KeePass, but there are others, too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha