[Utility] MovieMaker 0.1

Animat0r

Oct 14, 2016
MovieMaker

As Hongfire goes down often, i copy the thread also to this forum:

I decided to setup a little plugin which lets you create movies in the studio neo and main game.
since version 0.4: Only studio neo is supported
The main idea is that you have a timeslider, at which you can define points where the camera should be moved / animated or other states change.
Currently, it supports the following things:
* Create markers in timeline by moving camera to a new point by switching instantly to the new camera position
* Create markers in timeline by moving camera to a new point by animating from the last to the new position
* Unlimited camera positions! (e.g. no restriction to 10 positions :-)
* Play / pause the timeline with your animations
* Save functionality, which saves your timeline to a folder in the UserData folder
* Load functionality, to load previously saved timelines
* Resetting the timeline
* Deleting a marker by clicking on it
since version 0.2
* animated camera options with ease-in, ease-out and ease-in-out
* added support for changes of characters animations (button "current character state")
this means current animation and speed of every character!
* added support for changes of mouth / eyes expressions (button "current character state")
since version 0.3
* fixed mouth openess to work correctly
* when switching animations, they will be faded instead of a hard switch. This may look very nice on some animations, sometimes strange on others
since version 0.4 - only works if you DO NOT have latest dlc from 5/26
* support for characters position, rotation and scale
* only supporting studio neo beginning from now
since version 0.5
* works with latest studio neo (game v1.20)

See the spoiler (5MB gif) to see the timeline in action
out3.gif

This is only the basic functionality.
I am sure that some people are interested in other things, like switching animations, expressions, etc.
I wanted to create a poll in this thread where you can vote for the next features that should by implemented, but the forums function for poll seems broken. So if you have ideas for upcoming features, drop them here.
Some ideas of mine:
* Change of characters animations -> done since v0.2
* Change of Mouth / Eye expressions -> done since v0.2
* Change of light settings / position
* Change of clothes
* Change characters positions (x,y,z) -> done since v0.4
* Change characters poses (man that will be hard to do)

Prerequisites:
You need IPA installed to use the plugin

Download:
v0.1: mega.nz/#!rJ9SEJhC!D6GH8eKdMSFCKtKEKlODjyt4fZo83OOqlY-hih3EWzM
v0.2 (only compatible with the old studio!): https://mega.nz/#!KAFQAKgL!uAp3WFy6MChMObERGJkDW9l-cRituLm6dqEwrp3DGes
v0.3 (only compatible with the old studio!): https://mega.nz/#!6VsTBYiC!fzqwrRT8RXgWh-3P5nSNs0j7v8bQnwi9_a9zSklvGzU
v0.4 (only compatible with studio neo, only works if you DO NOT have latest dlc from 5/26): https://mega.nz/#!HUdzSCpY!oOWaY2bIydZ9nUSXc1CGXnLGqcc4qjEI6KVKEdbYrfg
v0.5( works with latest studio neo) https://mega.nz/#!KBcBTQxa!uR9_j8GF2m_3wWkCFhJvQO-Qs1_d2x2gkcy-d2c286I

Installation:
Drop the dll from the zip file into the "Plugins" folder of the main installation.

Usage:
1.) Start up the studio, then press the left ALT-Key to activate / hide the plugin
2.) To create a movie, you will have to add an action at the very first frame of the slider.
Do so by clicking on "Add action" and the choose the "Add camera static position".
3.) Move the camera to a destination of your choice
4.) Move the slider to the right a bit and add another action. This time, you may select the animated camera option.
5.) Repeat this steps as often as you want, there is no limitation in camera settings!

If you save a timeline, it is important the when you load it again, that you use the same scene / level the timeline has been saved in, or the camera animations will not fit!
You can also share your movies with others, all you need to do is to share the studioscene and the csv file from your timeline, which can be found in the UserData / movies folder

Last edited:
you give (I'm sure) a fantastic upgrade to this Illusion game. I will try your plugin (but this is a lot PLUG and a lot IN!) when some good soul will upload patrch or a translation of the full DLC. Actually I fight also with the tragic bad performance of the original VR mode. The people of Illusion (the smartest company of this planet... ok, they are smart) they should not give a DLC with this kind of problems, still in a beta (!?) status.
Compliments for your project, and if you can implement ... You will be my King of poser!!!!!!!! Go on!!!

Last edited:
As Hongfire goes down often, i copy the thread also to this forum:

[...]
If someone needs a version for the old studio, i can upload that too.

yesssssssss!!!! thank YOU!!!!!! :) really? is it real???? do it please!!!!!!!!!!!

"Please Upload it for old version of studio.. "
I am not so brave yet to install Neo since i destroyed my install doing that once..

Nice! The idea of being able to change character poses and animations is great. I had been thinking it would be great to have a mod that could be used like a playlist for loading animations and such (give each one a timed amount of play time before switching to the next), but I think this mod would do that based on your wishlist.

One thing that I noticed is that once I've started a timeline I lose the functionality of moving the character with the left mouse button. Was this intentional?

@Animat0r

Thanks for developing this spectacular idea!!! ;)
but...
Yesterday I tried in studio NEO, and i found a problem in managing the camera;

Once you select the static frame and then the next frame to track, you can not use X axis for lateral movement, also, it is impossible to use X, Y, Z Rotation.
I think these are basic functions otherwise it makes no sense to create camera movement, so do not even do the poll for that. :)

Thank You!!!

[subscribed]

I vote for a Graphic Editor, maybe with spline or bézier :P

Last edited:
Add the hotkeys for placing positions on the timeline and add the timeline speed.
These are like basic things to make the use of MovieMaker more comfortable.

This is really working nice ..
It will be wonderful if it have ease-in and ease-out.
A smooth transition will make it perfect. "Thank you animator."

Really wanted an auto-switch between cameras for studio. So happy this was created, as it can basically do that and more! Thanks!

Is it possible to add an "end/repeat frame", so it will loop back to the start and play the selected scenes again on repeat?
(e.g. scene1, scene2, scene3 -> scene1, scene2.... etc)

I just discovered something animator.
When animation is playing ..If you hide the moviemaker ..
Then animation stops.. ..
If you do not hide...
You can not record your movie or capture..
Cause capture will record the plugin's interface too...
So I think it should continue to play when it is hidden too...
And I do not see markers on the timeline..

did I mess up? I put the plugin in the plugins folder but nothing happens when I click ALT
the slider did show up in honey select but not in honey studio or neo
is is supposed to go in the plugins folder that's in studio neo also?

Plugin updated:

since version 0.2 (only supports the old studio!)
* added support for changes of characters animations (button "current character state")
* added support for changes of mouth / eyes expressions (button "current character state")

Now it becomes more movie like...

it doesnt support rotation/etc yet?

you can use numpad (2,4,6,8) for model rotation....:) moviemaker track the rotation.

example

This is a unique trial session exclusively using the moviemaker timeline keyframes.
You have to alternate ALT, so let moviemaker disappear for free placement (at least in my version the camera movement is bound to moviemaker plugin and then to handle it freely for each concatenation, I had to remove the moviemaker with alt buttoin and reopen it once the path has been decided.)

Plugin updated:

since version 0.2 (only supports the old studio!)

Now it becomes more movie like...

and Studio Neo????:(
edit:
It would serve a time display unit, maybe in frames, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Movie maker just controls the the animation of camera mudda.
You can not export animation as a video file..
You need a screen capture software to record the animation..
Did anyone found a way to hide animation timeline when playing the movie ?

Wow. This is just....WOW. Amazing work. I love what you can do with the camera. Hopefully when things calm down with Neo there will be an easy way for you to port this over! Thanks so much for all your hard work!

updated first post with version 0.3 (only for old studio)

since version 0.3
* fixed mouth openess to work correctly
* when switching animations, they will be faded instead of a hard switch. This may look very nice on some animations, sometimes strange on others

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!6VsTBYiC!fzqwrRT8RXgWh-3P5nSNs0j7v8bQnwi9_a9zSklvGzU

This may be the last release for the old studio as i am doing good progress on studio neo. Maintaining both studios is too much work for me, so next release will be for studio neo and further development will also happen for studio neo

----------------------------------------

Plugin updated to version 0.4

since version 0.4
* support for characters position, rotation and scale
* only supporting studio neo beginning from now

Download in first post

Reactions: smoothlaunch
As some users have reported, version 0.4 only works if you DO NOT have latest dlc from 5/26!

I currently dont have time to fix all things when a new update comes out. So you will have to use the plugin with the old studio (plugin version 0.3) or with studio neo (plugin version 0.4) WITHOUT the latest dlc (5/26).

I will fix this issues in the future, but dont expect this in the next few weeks, i am sorry

how to export this as a video file or can you not?

Eh, movie maker you only need to create a cam animation track, then you have to record the video through a capture software.
It would be interesting to have, as I have already stated above, a timeline expressed in frames per second instead of in seconds. The precise animation is done in keyframes, everything else is just for fun :)
If you want to correct the coordinates manually, you can do the whole tracking structure by writing numbers on the coordinates, but is it the case? XD
But at present there are more urgent problems with moviemakers such as running it after 2/6.

In fact, after the above upgrade, no version works in studio Neo :(

Last edited:
thank you very much this is awesome plugin
btw ,may i ask for changing the "left alt" key to another key in modprefs.ini ?
also it would be great if we have "next", "previous" button to quickly access to the nearest marked frame that contains the static camera (the marked frame)
Thanks alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.