[Utility] GUI for Additional Bone Modifier bonefiles : "HS Active Bones Female"

smoothlaunch

Elite Member
Feb 13, 2017
"HS Active Bones Female" V 0.2 : GUI for Additional Bone Modifier bonefiles :

HS Active Bones Female is an WYSIWYG Utility to edit Female Characters Bone files on fly.

Version : 04
Requirement :
HS Wide Slider
HS Additional Bone Modifier
UPDATED to V.04

Update notes : Added Belly Bone , Added Spanish Version . [ GreatThanks to "Sursista" for Spanish Translation. ]
Can someone translate it to Japanese ? Contact me via im ..

Important : This tool requires the characters from the chara/female folder . "Characters loaded from a studio file" can not be edited with HS ABF .
Instead ; extract the characters from studio files first ---> with WaifuRipper to chara/female folder & replace the ones in scene file with them after loading the scene .
So Changes on characters will apply to them]

Download : HS Active Bones Female

Download : HS Active Bones Female Spanish Version

MISSING FILE : I forgot to add default Bones file in to pack.. Please download this and add it in to folder also.

Missing Bones File

Permissions : All

Install :No installation. Extract the sfx (self extracting 7zip file) file in a folder. It is portable.
Uninstall : Delete this folder

With "HS Active Bones", you can edit your character's bone files when you have characters in studio and
instantly you can see the changes. It includes some bones you can not modify with main character editor.
It was also hard to edit them in bone files. Cause you struggle with a lot of text and confusing names. In this utility
i converted all bones and parameters to easy to understand names.
So you can see what you gonna do.
[A few bone parameter's name are not fully clear for me yet, so I plan to fix them in next versions]

Bones in the list are ordered from head to feet and grouped. So it gets easier to see what you search for. While some bones modify
single parts of body, some others modify some together as a whole.

Example :
"Waist Tone" scales the waist.
But
"Waist&Above" scale the waist and the rest of the Body above waist.

"Whole Legs" scales the lower body as a whole.
This gives many chances to create extraordinary body types.

First 3 value mostly scales , and 4th modifies the bones length generally. X, Y, Z , L

You may have small problems with hair if the hair is not original and created as a mod. Some hairs not responding
the changes and some response in different axis, probably cause of the creator's axes set not aligned with the original hair axes. But with practice it is possible to get what you need.

"Hair:Top","Hair:Pigtails","Hair:Sides","Hair:Back","Hair:Bangs" modifies related parts of hairs. So you have control on most of the hair.

I will not give more details, cause I believe you will find your way easily.
I tried HS Active Bones in windows 7 64x . I hope it works in other windows Versions.

Please send reviews, thoughts and errors and feedback about if they work in other os.
I will try to do my best to fix them.

Note :
This small project started with the need of interactively editing bone files. I have written in python and
packed with cx_freeze. I am not a professional developer. But learning it. The version python i used 3.6. Since
it is latest release of the Py, There are not so much support yet for packing the scripts. As a result "HS
Active Bones Female" is not a single executable. It comes as as folder. Sorry for that.

THANKS : Lots of thanks to all community those who modded HS and made it much more fun.
Note : If anyone more experienced than me is out there and :redface: wants to mod or and create a better exe, I can share the py file.

Last edited:
does this conflict with additional bone modifier?

it seems like it would be nicer to have a GUI and slider rather than manually typing in numeric values, but i don't want to redo the modifications on my characters

Reactions: trtlatstewa
That is a very usefull tool. but it does not work for me. neither in studio nor in chara maker does the changes show up. do i have to patch something or do i need to save the changes somehow ?

Hello daosdx..

No, you don't need to save files. They are saved instantly on every change ..
Do you see the interface fine ? Opening and Closing files ?

Do you have wide slider and additional bone modifier add-on installed in your Honey Select plugins folder ?

"First check if you have any bone files in your female folder."
They are files ends with "png.bonemod.txt".
If you do not have so, probably you do not have that plugin ..

And If you give information about your Operating System, it can be helpful as well.

I discovered something :

If you add a character to studio; bone files in chara folder applies to character.
But when you save this scene ; This bone files were written to Studio folder and
And when you open that saved scene, bones files in Studio folder overrides to character's original bone files.
This is confusing. But there is a solution.

After opening a studio file; Replace each character in studio with the original png chara files in the Female folder. It is easy.
Now When you edit character all changes will apply to them. !
I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Thanks for your quick response.
Stupid me, i did not read the requirement thourougly so i missed that i need the other two plugins for it to work. now my test charakter looks... well i slided the hell out ouf the tool so yeah, she is a monster now xD

thanks, everything is now working so far.

Oh I have no idea ...
Maybe its a wrong alert.
Cause also virus scanners see keymakers as a virus .
Please scan it ans see which file "seems" infected with that.
Cause there is nothing more than in it just pure python, png and cx_freeze ..
I will try to find what is the problem ..
I use it myself on my own computer :P
I found this.

UPDATE :
If you use Avast it detects Cx_freeze app as infected file.
Why my freezed app is detected as possible virus?
Python.exe detected as virus
I have a firewall so if there is a malware i can see in and out data ..So probably wrong alert.

Wow, I was really in need of this cuz I'm bad with numbers and have to see what I'm doing x). Thx!

Tho is there a way to move the bangs on this axis or will be at all in the future?

I am not sure if there is such a bone like that but probably not ..
Cause i check bones from original unity files. And from forum posts of ABM plugin ..
Thanks to that friends already discovered which bones used for which purpose..
I also needed moving bangs back and forth but could not find a way.
If it is possible ( if there is such bone) i can add them for sure..
I use depth scale instead to fake it . :whistle:

Re: GUI for Additional Bone Modifier bonefiles : "HS Active Bones Female"

Thank you for this mod, it is very nice.

I have problem that the buttons below Arms Scale 2 are not visible.

Also, if you like, I can look at program, I am not experienced modder, but am experienced with python.
Once again, thank you

Also would be helpful, does anyone know how to prevent studio from minimizing when clicking program outside of studio?
Thank you

Thank you very much for the tool, it 's awesome
may i ask for drag & drop feature ,so that we can drop the PNG into the program window ,thanks

That will be cool .. I will try to add it in next versions navmesh. I am glad you liked it.

Definitely need to compress the size of the app. Combine the buttons, put similar settings like legs together and have multiple sliders per page, and decrease the spacing between sliders. As it is now, it wont even fit on my 1080p display unless I remove the taskbar.

Hello IAin'tYourSavior
This was compiled on Win64 but compiled for win32.
Do you receive any errors ?.. If you have trouble using this ; please give detailed feedback so i can check them ..
It should be win32 compatible already ....

Last edited:
What a great mod, and thanks for updating it!

Do you plan on adding sliders for the breasts eventually?

Yes it is possible but HS character maker has lots of controls over breasts..
If someone finds a bone related with breast that CM does not use ; I can add them..
I think recreating a function that game has already in it is not necessary..

I work together with in Character maker while i edit bones files.
This is rather for the bones that CM has no control on them ..
Example I search for IK bones now so i can fix deformations on the body when we edit bones externally..
Maybe I can add additional face bones.
I still could not find how to shorten and lengthen only bones of legs without deformation .. :D

Reactions: navmesh
I'm having a weird error with this mod that causes my girl's legs to distort then disappear when I load them to change clothes in the main game. This doesn't happen in H mode or in the studio, Just the character creator. Any ideas how to fix this? thanks!

Video PW = NoLegs

Last edited:
Ok i see ..
Well; simply while we use Additional bone modifier......; We force the "limits of the natural game architecture".
Since what we do is something not planned in the game system some failure may happen..
These things will happen if you change parameters of some (unclear which they are ) bones to beyond the safe limits.
See which faces extends to infinity. And find that bones ..Reset them wtih CTRL+SHIFT+R and try modding them with trial and error.
And do not force the limits of that bones to send them to infinite space... :P
It is natural what is happening..

It seems like buttocks or hips fail on your video.. If you edit them and see it fails ; try to use the sliders in the studio instead of ABM . Reset ABM values to 1 and change with caution for extreme deformation..

And a note : After this infinity Boom happens .."You must reload the character maker or character". Editing the values does not recover the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.