Rules when releasing/submitting a mod

Inquisitor

Nobody expects the...
Contributor
Oct 31, 2011
Rules when releasing/submitting a mod
The modders have agreed to enforce two rules to ensure that we show proper respect for other people's work. These two rules are simple to follow because they are about common sense and showing respect for other people's work.

Background
The two rules have been made to make room for as many as possible and not to push anybody away. Some people couldn't care less and some people think rules are important and it's obvious that we need rules in print to prevent further misunderstandings. Using the rep-system as a sanction against other contributors is not recommended. Neg-repping is no small thing and it should be used with care, so that we do not alienate each other. The last thing we want to do, is scare off inexperienced contributors, simply because their contribution wasn't "properly" contributed.

TEH RULES
Nobody wants complex rules, but we've found that a minimum is required for us to maintain a thriving community. :) Therefore you must observe these two simple rules when posting a mod:

RULE #1: Release/submit mods responsibly
A mod posted in a mod release thread must be tested and there must be a description of how to install it.
Note: You are not required to test or provide any help if you post the mod in a discussion thread.

What you must do
You must provide a description on how to install the mod. This help can be as little as just making the mod Wizzard ready because there is general help available on how to use the Wizzard. Direct support via PM is not required, but encouraged.

What should you do if you see a mod posted breaking RULE #1:
Try to contact the author and give him at least 7 days to fix it. It's alright to give negative reputation if time is up. Consider reporting an unsupported and not working mod (by using the Report Post button
report-40b.png
), so that it can be moved to the mod discussion or deleted.

What happens to you if you break RULE #1:
You risk getting negative reputation. An unsupported and not working mod might be reported so that it can be moved to the mod discussion or deleted.

RULE #2: Credit the original author(s)
If you post a mod where one or more of the following is true:
  • You're releasing a mod based on one or more other modder's work, like a retexturing of a dress, an uncensor using a mesh created by a modder for another game
  • You're releasing a mod using one or more other modder's work, like using an uncensor with your dress/body mod
  • You're releasing a tool or utility based on another tool made by another modder, maybe using source code from another tool made by a modder
  • You're releasing a mod compilation, such as a hair pack (involving .lst editing, testing) or a patch installing several mods (like the HF patch)
  • You're submitting a mod/tool that you post unmodified.
  • You're submitting a mod/tool that you have tested, made screenshots, translated/rewritten readme, uploaded to mirrors etc.

What you must do
  • You must credit the author(s) of the mod. This is a requirement to ensure that proper respect is shown for the work that was provided free of charge.
  • If the modder specifically wishes to remain anonymous you should write that it is the explicit wish of the modder.
  • If you can't find the modder's name (i.e. it's not the same as the modder explicitly wanting to be anonymous) you must provide a source, i.e. a link to where you found the mod.
  • If it is not possible to provide the source (either because you don't have it, or if you positively know that disclosing it would damage the original modder) you must write something like:
    • "Source not provided because I don't recall where I found it - let me know and I will edit this post"
    • "Source not provided because the author has limited bandwidth/he doesn't want a direct link posted/other reason, but I have it. PM me if you want it".

What should you do if you see a mod posted breaking RULE #2:
Try to contact the author and give him at least 7 days to fix it. It's alright to give negative reputation if time is up. If the poster has not corrected or responded within 7 days, you should report the post by using the Report Post button
report-40b.png
), so that it can be edited or deleted. Moderation is efficient in this section and there is no excuse for not using the system.

What happens to you if you break RULE #2:
You risk getting negative reputation. A moderator may delete it, infraction you (repeated offense probably), edit your release post to include source/author or whatever the moderator will deem the best for the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
porm wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey Shine, can you please upload Version #74 for this? It's the latest update.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/いーめいどぷらす-サバイバルゲーム-#71.1224098/