Song translation help...?

chorecel

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hello! So, I'm trying to translate this song for my Japanese class, and I'm very confused about several lines. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at them?

:boys_please:

[目覚めてぬれだすよ] = Awake and wet (?)

[ふらふらに酔いしれれば生まれ変われる] = Unsteadly entranced, you are reborn (?)

[どろどろにからんだしろいしかいのはて] (this one, I have no clue)

[暴いた本能が
背中に流れてる] = The instinct you've uncovered is running down your back (?)

:miku_ty:

Thank you so much!

Songs are too tricky to translate without context. Got the complete lyrics (or a YouTube link or something similar)?

目覚めてぬれだすよ is perhaps "I'll wake up and get wet". The verb "dasu" as a conjunctive suffix may mean beginning to do something, albeit in a different taste than "hajimeru".

ふらふらに酔いしれれば生まれ変われる I may translate as "as you get drunk, you'll be reborn". Whether it actually refers to being entranced or just intoxicated depends on the context. I'd guess the "be reborn" part here means something along the lines of "discover a new world", which... kinda sounds like what an addict would say to a teetotaller while speaking of the wonders of illicit substances.

どろどろにからんだしろいしかいのはて is perhaps どろどろに絡んだ白い視界の果て, which I'd translate as something like "the boundaries of my sticky-white view". ("Dorodoro" as an adjective used to refer to something white often has a very specific meaning, and I don't think I need to tell you what it is. Are you sure you want to translate this song for a class?)

暴いた本能が背中に流れてる in a simplified sentence I guess might be something like (ついさっき)見出された正体がにじみ出る, but on its own I suppose could be translated as something like "[your] revealed instinct runs all over [you]".

:lapi_love:

Thank you so much! Here are the full lyrics, but thank you for your reply; it has been very helpful! :)

傷んだ喜びと
求めたつながりは
殺した思い立ち
目覚めてぬれだすよ

どうしてもほしい
胸元で
光るものが

がくがくと足元から
崩れ落ちてく息を止めて
ふらふらに酔いしれれば生まれ変われる
口を塞ぎ

すべてはここから
絡み合う Capture
君のすべてを照らそう
怪しいそうぼうのとりこ Ah~

暴いた本能が
背中に流れてる

恥じらはないでよ
見えない物を
見ようよ

だらだらと飛び散る
甘い痛みの中吸い尽くそう
どろどろにからんだしろいしかいのはて
求めあおう

すべてはここから
絡み合う Capture
君のすべてを照らそう
怪しいそうぼうのとりこ Ah~

Last edited:
Like what Ignis said, you need context and I would add the large picture of what is going on. You may need to put some lines into one to make sense of it, and maybe plugging an entire verse into another. Line by line translation in Japanese songs can only get you so far.

[目覚めてぬれだすよ] = Awake and wet (?) - Put this one with the line above it and it will make sense - the whole thing is verb without subject.

[ふらふらに酔いしれれば生まれ変われる] = Unsteadly entranced, you are reborn (?) - Try again with the line before it in mind...why would you be reborn?

[どろどろにからんだしろいしかいのはて] (this one, I have no clue) - I got the same result as Ignis did.

[暴いた本能が背中に流れてる (merged the two lines into one)] = The instinct you've uncovered is running down your back (?) - You are on your way with this one...is workable. I would put it this way: "The uncovered instinct [is now] running down your back".
Take into account the next verse and it should flow.

Listen to the song too...you may be able to find something that cannot be observed by merely looking at lyrics (how the lines are being used and the like), this one is up to you.

:lapi_love:

Thank you so much! Here are the full lyrics, but thank you for your reply; it has been very helpful! :)
You're welcome. I see the song isn't the prurient kind I had in mind. :P It seems like the "drunk" part you asked before isn't literal, only that it describes a condition similar to one caused by being drunk (but not necessarily resulting from such).

By the way, it's your choice if you want to hide your post that way, but it feels weird to ask for help then require that people hit the like button on your post so they can see the core content you need help with.

You're welcome. I see the song isn't the prurient kind I had in mind. :P It seems like the "drunk" part you asked before isn't literal, only that it describes a condition similar to one caused by being drunk (but not necessarily resulting from such).

By the way, it's your choice if you want to hide your post that way, but it feels weird to ask for help then require that people hit the like button on your post so they can see the core content you need help with.

Thank you so much! Also, sorry! I thought
To see this hidden content, you must react with one of the following reactions : Like Like

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.