WIP Yandere Otome Game

8Laelia8

Coconut
Trusted Member
Apr 11, 2016
Ok so, I figured I might as well shine some light on the game I'm making by posting here to let people know :3

It's going to be a completely free otome game for PC and Android (hopefully!) I've got a lot of the BGM, SFX and character art royalty free which is a huuuuge help considering I have no knowledge of composing music and I'm really not great at art. The text I've decided to put in the form of a text adventure on Quotev which you can read as it progresses here if you don't mind spoilers for the future game ofc:

https://www.quotev.com/story/8442735/Never-Alone-Yandere-Spirit-Guardian-x-Reader

It's pretty rough around the edges atm tbh but that's precisely why I'm doing it as a text adventure first before putting it into the game. This way I can experiment with the choices and kinda gauge which routes people are more interested in, which routes need improvement etc. Only one route is 'finished' so far, another is almost done and I've got a poll up asking for readers to choose the next route that I work on.

Because it's a yandere otome you can expect triggers for various things. The version I'm writing up on Quotev atm is the tamer version due to the rules. When the game is finally released however there will be 2 versions, one tame and one 18+ which will contain much more graphic detail in the many bad endings plus more steamy stuff xD

I wanted to have multiple romance options but it doesn't really work having a male yandere lead as he would just kill them all haha, so I might have bonus 'what if?' style after stories instead. In the game the appearance of the heroine (you) and her guardian (Kuro) change depending on which route you are playing. The choices won't be uber difficult but there will be a 'true' route that is locked until you've completed some of the original routes.

There will be voice acting, Kuro the yandere of the game has already been cast, however work on the lines hasn't yet begun because the VA is currently moving house, it's expected to start next week some time. I'll be uploading the voice work as audio drama to YouTube so that people who are reading the story on Quotev can get a taste for what's to come in the game. I don't know if I will be able to afford to get the entire game fully voiced but the VA is happy to play the character for as long as I can afford him haha so I'll try. I'm also hoping to save enough money to hire artists to draw CGs and someone to create an opening video with an original theme.

I'm working on this alone so it's gunna be a loooong time before the game itself is released. I hope to have a demo out by Christmas though! ^-^

Edit: It won't be called Never Alone when it's released as a game, that's just it's WIP title because I haven't settled on one yet haha.

It sounds really interesting. Looking forward to try it out ^^

I am myself also a fan of yandere male type. However, I think games or fictions tend to make this type a bit... "overreacting" like "killing" or sth... We all know in the real life, it won't come down that far. It would be nice and fresh idea if... players (or should I say me? ahaha...) have some options to date with a... erm... normal yandere boyfriend ahaha....

This is just my stupid fantasy so please don't think too much about it. Once again, I'm really looking forward to your new game.

P/s: sorry for my crappy English. It's not my mother tongue .///.

Thanks for your kind words, means a lot to me :3

I'm not gunna lie mine does have killing in it haha but those are in the bad endings, which I kinda have a lot of because I'm a huge horror fan and I'm evil xD But I'm making it so that the choices are pretty easy and not complicated. In some games you might make lots of different choices and end up with a bad ending and then you have to figure out where you went wrong. In my game the choices most of the time lead right into a bad ending or carry onwards towards the good end. So there shouldn't be much need for saving after every single choice.

The good endings of each route I'm trying to make sweet, and the yandere guy that you're with is more just very protective of you if you only go down the good endings paths :3

The true route that you unlock after playing the other routes I'm going to try and make super sweet for the final true, good ending :3

The demo is finally out! It only contains one route though (the shortest one! xD) Might have to get a new PC to keep working on the full game though because my laptop is just dying haha. You can download it in parts from itch.io or just from the crappy free site I made for it :3

https://ikarikali.itch.io/solipsism-reigns-demo

http://solipsismreignsgame.webs.com/apps/blog/

I'm definitely gunna finish the game but it takes so long on my own so it might not even be 100% done until Christmas 2017 haha T_T It'd be cool to have it fully voiced but considering I have very little money I might only be able to get the main guy voiced. If enough people volunteer though it could be possible! ^_^ I would have more money to spend on stuff like that if it wasn't for the fact that I badly need a new PC and also want to buy PSVR xD

I do voice-acting for free. :) I'll also review your game too, if you want.

Well that's awesome! :3 I don't mind if you review it, I'll leave that up to you ^-^ I read the review that someone else wrote on itch.io and some of the points were totally fair enough, I didn't really put that much effort into the textbox and theme of UI etc. The reason being I have literally no clue what I'm doing when it comes to those things xD I used Tyrano because I'm a lazybum and can't be bothered to code too much, it hurts my brain! Haha.

I was a little bit annoyed that they said that the game title and title screen didn't fit because it has a sci-fi feel to it and the game itself doesn't feel like a sci-fi game..... Just wait dammit it's only a demo AND it's only one route in a college >.<" The title and title screen perfectly reflect the overall game, I'm not a complete idiot T_T You just can't see the sci-fi-ness of it because it's other routes and parts of the game that aren't in the demo haha. Oh well!!

I probably won't get to work on it much now until after Christmas because things are getting pretty darn busy for me so I've got less and less time to do my own stuff :(

Oh and the person also said in the review that Kuro isn't a yandere because a yandere wouldn't kill the people the heroine likes if he really cared about her.... This also irritated me a bit because I have consumed a massive amount of yandere and yangire media in many different forms and there are definitely some out there who are willing to kill everyone around the heroine and even the heroine herself. I'm entitled to make my character whatever kind of guy I want T_T haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3