What kind guy you like in Otome games?

rubenz

Trusted Member
May 23, 2012
I think in otome's world we have lots of guys's type like kuudure, tsundure, oresama, etc. What kinda of guy you like?

For me I like kuudure one or the cold and quiet type. ^^ Sometimes I like oresama too (Atobe *cough*). :D

I'm actually not sure lol, my favorite guys are all kinda all over the place so I don't really know. As far as I can tell though, I gravitate towards the cheerful ones or those that are nice to the heroine; but then again, I also tend to like the villain characters if they're not completely cold bastards so I have no idea (I contradict myself a lot X.X). Well, if I put personality aside, maybe I just like the most hilarious dude no matter what he is XDD I'm a confusing person... I guess I kinda like Tsundere and Kuudere but I don't have an archetype that I really, really love, at least not that I know of.

Actually, it would be way easier for me to say what kind of guys I don't like in otome games instead, which is kind of weird.

I'm not sure. I would say that the cold and quiet, sarcastic type, but not so simple. Surprisingly, I liked Rio from Double Score. His friendship with Tomu. This is my favorite friendship.
Sometimes flirting character or oresama or tsundure attracted me, my great surprise I liked Felix of Sanzen Sekai Yuugi.
And still plays a big role favorite seiyuu. No matter what type of character, if he is voiced by my favorite seiyuu, I'll play his story.

Reactions: AoiScarlet
Anyone voiced by Hirakawa Daisuke because I'm biased towards voices. (So Laito from DiaLovers)

Playful types mostly, even if they border on yandere. Auger from BWS was fun.

I love ore-sama types (is Ranmaru one?), dere(?) types (like Lagi) with the manliness they show sometimes and the speechless(?) cool ones (to see the 'uncool' side of them)
Basically manly/aggressive ones and/or ones with gaps:nyanmusu_happy:
Another type I love to go for is the playboy(?) types as they usually have some kind of story behind them and I just love the way they fall completely for the heroine:nyanmusu_happy:

Overall, I just like characters which have back stories and a manly side to them as long as their voice don't annoy me
At the end of the day, it really just depends on the story of the games itself most of the time:nyanmusu_sigh:

Reactions: AoiScarlet
Anyone voiced by Hirakawa Daisuke because I'm biased towards voices. (So Laito from DiaLovers)

Speaking of VA, I'm biased too with Sugitan xD Chrom, Ruka /o\

I don't really have favorite type of guy... I guess the seiyuu is very important as well. I'm often biased because of that xD
Hum, hum... (Be serious, myself !) Let's say that it depends on how the guy fall in love with the heroine. When it's too sudden, the story is strange. I really like to see how the relationship is created, deepened. In the end, it depends on the story itself. For exemple, I was stunned when suddenly, in Sangokushi Rensenki, the most serious guys (Bunjaku & Unchou) fell in love with the heroine. I was like, "Um... okay... ? What happened in your head, hmm ?"

But well, if I should tell you the ones I hate, it would be
1) yandere (because it's scary)
2) playboy or popular guy (it's sweet but I guess I felt bored since it's the same almost everywhere)
3) hetare (the only exception is Shinnosuke from GHP ! May I be biased to KENN's voice... ? xD)

Reactions: uenchuceli
Kuudere or Tsundere type, i dont get it :nekopara_dizzy:

But i think i definitely like Koakuma type -discovered this side of mine after playing fuuto and KENN VOICE-////slapped:nekopara_dead:

Sometime it may depend on the story but most of the time are those 3

Yandere kinda scare me but who know :nekopara_staaare:

well for tokimemo series, i noticed i have a bias for the sporty types for some reason.

If we're talking about otoge in general, tsundere and osananajimi types are my pick.

Speaking of VA, I'm biased too with Sugitan xD Chrom, Ruka /o\

I sometimes love character by looking the VA. My favorite is Kakihara Tetsuya. I love his voicing as Lagi (WoF) and Shin (Amnesia). Generaly I like a tsundere character and those who is easy to play like Est (WoF).

Oh, like some of you, I sometimes judge according to voice actors.

I generally go for old (like uncles and such, with an age difference of AT LEAST 5 years or like almost a father.. sorry about that). I also prefer the yandere-type haha. And if any of you have played PersonA, it's the Raoul-type yandere specifically that I di. Also, I seem to like them pretty angsty???? I don’t really like guys who save the MC with guns (no pun intended) except Hakuouki. I also prefer heel-face-turners. Y’know, working for a big bad or the big bad themselves (and actually fails, like Maou-sama of Dot Kareshi). If they’re siscons, yes please (not applicable in real life). Teachers if you please. Maybe blood-related as well????

Oh, MOST ESPECIALLY, I really need them to fall in love with the MC first.

I always like yandere characters XD
But I also like oujisama type of koakuma type of characters
And any character voiced by Sakurai Takahiro! :fullblush:

my fav kind of guys would be those with tragic pasts...I dunno...I just feel like healing their pain n stuffs.
XDDD
I dun't mind whut their personalities are like 'coz everyone's unique in their own way but, an ice queen would be better or someone like me would be fabulicious~
*winks winks*
XDDDD
gawd~!
*nosebleeds*

I like Oniisan, senpai, and Ojisan.
Moreover, I like Perfect man such as Prince Kei from TMGS1.
I'm biased to any character voiced by Midorikawa Hikaru, Miyano Mamoru, and Junichi Suwabe (I love him because I love Kou from TMGS3).

First of all, if the guy is totally my type and the seyuu's voice is "not good", I won't like the character.

Personally, I tend to feel so much love -lust- towards yandere characters, like the sick bastards from Black Wolves Saga or Diary. I also like kuuderes and perverts types.

It can be ironic seeing how much I am into yanderes (with all the blood and death), but I hate tsundere types. I don't know, they seem like those kind of guy who would spank his wife and then buy roses to her the next day to be forgiven.

But if I was to choose any type of guy from otoge to actually date in real life, it would probably be the pure and innocent one. Just like Suzukake from Ken ga Kimi. >///<

^ I kind of agree with the post above.
Yandere are my fave ^^ Guilty pleasure. I also adore guys who can make good jokes and are a bit on the S side.
Although in reality I go for the innocent and nice guys :) (I have such a sharp distinction between reality and fantasy)

Yanderes and Meganes~ Kuuderes are up there too... Or any with voiced by my seiyuu biases!

But yeah, those are strictly for games only XD Except I do like the smart megane type in real life too >_<

Reactions: namalandrcont
tsunderes, (closet)yanderes, older guys and lazy sarcastic guys
its also nice when they are a bit perverse

o\\\\\o

seiyuu biases too hehe

The closest thing to my "moe" would be the dandere. Thankfully, they're not frequent enough to get ruined by rabid fangirls from overexposure by popular seiyuu. Seiyuu pretty much have no bearing on my final judgement of a character. Too many fans are too influenced by seiyuu so that's contributed to the influx of "samey" characters and type-casting by money-hungry companies.

Complaining aside, I don't really have a "type". I'm like that in real life as well... I don't have a type. I just interact with people, and see how I go.

I find that in VNs, I end up liking the love interests I thought I wouldn't and not liking the ones I thought I would as much. I'm too inconsistent, or I haven't grasped a pattern that exists, but isn't apparent to me.

Perhaps the bar is very low for those I have a bad impression of so it's easier to appear "good" by comparison. On the other hand, I tend to have high expectations in characters that I have a good impression of, so as I play the game, they don't meet that standard and seem comparatively "dull". Sometimes, they're outright "bad" IMO, though.

Kuuderes and Tsunderes are my type. Like Saito and Hijikata from Hakuouki, Tokiya and Masato from UtaPri, Ivan and Aje from Snow Bound Land, Ikki and Shin from Amnesia and so on and so on. I've found that I gravitate towards the calmer ones or the ones that tend to insult me a lot. :p

Hmm. I would say that the quiet and cold, sarcastic type, but not so simple. Surprisingly, I liked Rio from Double Score and his friendship with Tomu. This is my favorite friendship!
My great surprise I liked Felix of Sanzen Sekai Yuugi. Sometimes I like oresama character or flirting or tsundure attracted me. Yandere kinda scare me...
Still plays a big role favorite seiyuu to me. No matter what the type of character, if he is voiced by Toriumi Kousuke or Sakurai Takahiro, I'll play his story first.
I don't know why these two have such an impact on me♪

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha