Are Otome Games popular in your area?

Is Otome Game popular in your area?

• Total voters
It's not popular here as far as I know. Except Voltage games.
But they only rea reviews, they never seem to play it..lol, they fee like total fangirls. I let them be of course~

They don't prefer PC games though. They say they can't understand JP :gakuran_sigh:

Not only do they not know of otme games, but they basically don't know of any type of visual novel lol, it's already lucky to find a girl that's somewhat interested in anime where I come from. Probably the only person that I know (in real life) that knows of otome games is my brother and that's because I talked to him about them XDD Not that he would ever want to play them (nor did I think of having him play them) but it sure would've been hilarious if that was the case, huh?

I have a bunch of friends who watch animes (a lot), one of them watched Hakuouki, and I kinda got excited to see what she thought about it:
Me: "Hey hey, what do you think of the anime?"
Friend: "It was great with the plot and all, but I just found out it was from a harem game? Meh..."
Me: "...Oh, okay..."
My friends either have no idea about visual novels/otome, or if someone does know of the existence, they'll think of it as a "dating and harem" game ;A; I mean that's not even close... The special case is I have only one friend who plays Voltage games, and she doesn't even like talking about it.
Other than that, the community here where I live is veerry small - even online there's only so few people who I know that play otome games. It's hard to expand the community somehow ><

In my country, I know 6 people who play Japanese otome games and have an average knowledge about them. I guess about 4-5% of people who watch anime in the country I live play visual novels (not otome games)

Nope. It's really really rare to see a fellow otome gamer. I don't even know anyone in my personal life who does play.
All they know is just anime, cosplaying, and manga. It's really disappointing.

Area or country?

Country ~ I'm sure it is; otherwise, I wouldn't see blogs about them, and even summary of the games.
Area ~ I'm not sure. I use a pseudo name, and I'm sure everyone around where I live does too.

As for my friends, they don't understand or don't have the desire to learn Japanese. Plus, it's my thing, and I really enjoy it.

Nope. In my country k-pop are much popular than Japanese things (anime; game; manga) It's sad :(
Even at my college, there's none who knows about otome games. Some of them know galge, but not an otoge Dx

About male otome gamers, there's a few people I know ;) And my boyfriend also play some otoge with me xD

Nope. In my country k-pop are much popular than Japanese things (anime; game; manga) It's sad :(
Even at my college, there's none who knows about otome games. Some of them know galge, but not an otoge Dx

About male otome gamers, there's a few people I know ;) And my boyfriend also play some otoge with me xD

Where I live too, K-Pop is more Popular than Otoge. My niece and her friends, my sister and her friends all K-Pop fan girls they all go Gyaa Gyaa when they talk about those girly looking Boy Band with sixpacks....

my little sister showed me one of those group. I was like " :gakuran_not: Sexy..... ehm thats.. a Boy?? or...?"

Really don't find it that good looking when a boy in his twenties wears eyeliner trains till he looks like Hulk...

I rather drool over Lee Min-Ho :gakuran_love: but please don't take it personal K-Pop Fangirls. Just my personal taste!

Reactions: fguelffstan
In my country , Japanese things is quite popular , even not as much as KPOP , but people just read manga or see anime , none of them play otome games

Ahh it really seems only a small amount of people in certain countries know about otome games. I mean, I just feel like on the internet I can find them anywhere, especially at anime sharing, but then I get a reality check and realized that I'm probably the only one near my place who knows about otome games.

Some of my friends know I play them and one of them tried the GREE games which obviously I often tell her not to and another one is actually the kind that gets the games that are by those companies and such. Since I'm in America a lot of culture diffusion happens here but yeup, it's sadly not that popular.

I look at it in a positive way though, since as a fandom increases there are a lot more annoying fangirls (including me) who comes and frustrates everyone else lol.

@chyntia77
I am live in Bekasi ;) Not much of otoge players here... At least I know there's many anime fans in my high school...
:gakuran_stare:
Yanadere guys is the best ;) :gakuran_excited:

Not really...Because in my country k-pop is really popular although anime are also popular but not otome game. My friend play some RPG Games like Persona 3.

Lots read mangas and such, but Otome games (or even novels) are not really known in my area. You could say that only real otakus know about them xD
People are more into games, animes and mangas, but it's still limited. No fun.

No one plays otome games here T^T well my sister plays Voltage games but other than that I haven't noticed anyone else..
There might be some who play it but aren't open about it..
I don't even know many anime lovers in my area anyway so I've practically given up on looking around for friends with similar interests..

No one plays otome games here T^T well my sister plays Voltage games but other than that I haven't noticed anyone else..
There might be some who play it but aren't open about it..
I don't even know many anime lovers in my area anyway so I've practically given up on looking around for friends with similar interests..

Maybe we can find it online? it much easier but sadly we can not meet each other *tear*

Maybe we can find it online? it much easier but sadly we can not meet each other *tear*

It would feel strange but it could be a happy thing to meet ^^
Well, since we're all from different countries, it must be difficult to meet, indeed !

Reactions: namalandrcont
No,
I know some who know and even play like I do but not many. Mostly, my friend didn't even play game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this game? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause the game can't interactive with anything.