Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Luckydog1+bad egg discussion [potential spoilers]

Anybody finished this game?

I finally finished it yesterday (it's long and I work full time) and am super curious about what others think of this game.

I don't know if any game is worth a 9-year wait but I really enjoyed Bad Egg... Much more than the original!

It's far from perfect but I think the writing was way more engaging than the original game in spite of how long this game was... I think I clocked in 40 hours and that doesn't include the afterstories with the CR:5! I enjoyed the main story so much I started to see the Gian x Bakshi sex scenes as a distraction rather than hot stuff. I'm not really interested in two dudes getting it on all that much so there's that too...

Also I absolutely adore the four new characters- actually find them way more interesting and likeable than the CR:5. Shame they didn't get any focused routes or endings at all, though I don't really care if they're romantic or not. I wasn't expecting it anyway, since none of the store tokuten featured them, which is usually a pretty good sign a character doesn't have a romance route. Anyway, I think it makes perfect sense Riccardo and Landolfo didn't get romantic routes, I actually prefer they didn't. I can't picture Teshikaga being in love so he makes sense to a large extent. Now Walther... Obvious bias as I think he's the cutest and he's my fave out of the newbie 4 but I honestly think he could lend himself well as a BL love interest.

I've got all endings and judging by the best one I've seen, it makes me hope that Tennenouji will release a sequel/spin-off featuring these guys more. Not necessarily for romance but I just want to see more of them!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Re: Luckydog1+bad egg discussion [potential spoilers]

_(:з」∠)_ Still downloading the game. Seems that BE is very different from LD1, focus is on story and character development instead of love-sim? Super excited to play, will edit post later.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Re: Luckydog1+bad egg discussion [potential spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by rulesaito View Post
    _(:з」∠)_ Still downloading the game. Seems that BE is very different from LD1, focus is on story and character development instead of love-sim? Super excited to play, will edit post later.
    Yeah, I'd say that's fair.

Well, unlike most romance VNs it's the protagonist Gian's developments that take center stage and the rest get bits and pieces. You learn surprisingly little about Bakshi and he barely develops considering he's the only love interest and second only to Gian in importance. I'd go as far as saying even some of the 4 n00bs got more development and background- and it's minimal, as side characters. Though to be fair, it seems like you have to make certain choices or have certain amount of Luck to see some of their little side scenes. I think this actually hurts the game since the last part of a Daivan arc make less sense without them.

Hope you enjoy!

Thread Information