Help with PSP otome games

melyne28

Trusted Member
Aug 30, 2013
Hello there,

I heard, that is possible to play PSP games on PC. I want to try, because PSP platform have more lovely otome games than PC, but only thing stop me - language. I can only play english games. With PC games is not a problem ( ITH and Translator are my best friends ), but I'm not shure with PSP. My question is - is it possible to find ( and use ) some translator from japanese to english playing with PSP emulator? If it's not...I don't want to waste my time torturing myself and my PC just to see some CG and not able enjoy the story. Please, help me here!

No, there is currently no text hooker for PSP games (or JPCSP, the most popular PSP emulator) and I doubt there will ever be one. There are only 2 PSP otome games that have been officially translated to English so far--Sweet Fuse and Hakuouki. If you want more PSP games in English, support Aksys by buying these games. Also, there are tons of people on Tumblr, Wordpress, etc. who translate routes and such.

Why don't you just make the effort to learn Japanese, like the rest of us. >.>

Yeah, unfortunately only native PC games can be played with text hookers.

@yonakayume

Some people use text hookers to help them study, you know. ;) There's great functions in Translation Aggregator to give readings of words and stuff like that, and having an approximate English translation with the Japanese original can be a good reading aid. At any rate, even for those who want to learn Japanese it's a very long process and in many cases can cost a lot of money too, so there's nothing wrong with a little mechanical assistance in the meantime.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. My Japanese is relatively poor as I only just recently started learning. ITH and translation aggregator are my best friends too!
Just now, I saw this thread here: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...e-psp-games-visual-novel-without-hack-178122/

If there's a PSP game you absolutely MUST play and really want to play it, then maybe this thread's tools could be an option for you? :)
Hope this helps!

PPSSPP: PSP Emulator

Don't fret, so easy! Just download PPSSPP. It will be a folder. In that folder, open PSSPPWindows64.exe and drag your psp iso file in it. Otome game xP. It should work. So easy to use, you will see.

The emulator is not the problem. We know of PPSSPP and playing PSP games on the PC is definitely possible.

However, one cannot use text hookers and translators with it (such as ITH and translation aggregator), unlike PC games. That's the problem unfortunately :/

The emulator is not the problem. We know of PPSSPP and playing PSP games on the PC is definitely possible.

However, one cannot use text hookers and translators with it (such as ITH and translation aggregator), unlike PC games. That's the problem unfortunately :/

Oh, I get it. =.=

Yes, Ith, Agth, and such can just extract text from pc visual novels. Well, text hookers and translators are giving funny results, though. I feel like they are ruining the charisma of the game, then started to learn Japanese. ^^

Anyways, I know, I wasn't much help. Gomen ne. ^__^

Oh, I get it. =.=

Yes, Ith, Agth, and such can just extract text from pc visual novels. Well, text hookers and translators are giving funny results, though. I feel like they are ruining the charisma of the game, then started to learn Japanese. ^^

Anyways, I know, I wasn't much help. Gomen ne. ^__^

Aww don't worry! Hopefully one day, someone can figure out how to use translators with ppsspp! That would be awesome haha and yeah I've started learning Japanese, but I keep giving up at times. I don't have enough motivation haha, but I'll try to keep at it!

I've found it is helpful if you have a cell phone, there's programs on them you can use with your games.

Both Android and iPhone have translators on them. You take a picture of your screen and you can get a (rough) translation. It takes a bit of practice to work, and you have to stop at every message. It probably isn't the best to use for a strict VN, but playing something with some game activity (Like Girl's Side where there's stat raising), with short scenes in between would make it plausible to play with. :)

If you want to download to PC, there's also ABBYY Screenshot reader. It can be hit and miss, and works better if the text is clear to read. (Black text on white background.)

use ppsspp~
I'm using that one to play TMGS3~
:333
it works just fine...on windows...dunno for the other platforms tho~
>.<)/

I'm using PPSSPP for playing any otome game. I'm not Japanese and cannot translate all sentences.
I try to remember the word and kanji that I often see, and choose the full voice game to play.

ps. we will try together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。