吉原彼岸花 - yoshiwara higanbana - translation

lucidlies

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hey there,

I've been learning Japanese on and off for the last ~10 years but I'm looking to get better so I decided to get some practice in and translate an otome. My skills are so-so and I'm no where near being fluent but this community has been amazing and I wanted to give back so here we are.

Currently, I've put up about 3/4 of the intro up on VNR.

It's a little labourous and not only is kanji not my strong suit, I'm translating as I'm playing so I can't really give you an estimate of when it'll be done. But I'm planning on going through the routes one at a time, starting with Sakuya. I can't claim that it'll be perfect and that there won't be any mistakes but I'll do my best so that everything makes sense/is as correct as my skillset allows.

I know some lines have already been translated by others but I only found that out after I already started lol. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by contributing! Please let me know if I am and I'll remove what I've already put up.

A special thanks to @MilkyBarKid for uploading the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: micarich
You're welcome, lucidlies!

Yoshiwara Higanbana does try to be more authentic with the language used in at the time compared to other VNs of the Edo period so I'll bet the kanji is more challenging.

Translating even on a professional level is time-consuming and challenging so good on you for giving back.

I'm sorry to say I can't offer much advice on VNR as I've never used it before!

You're welcome, lucidlies!

Yoshiwara Higanbana does try to be more authentic with the language used in at the time compared to other VNs of the Edo period so I'll bet the kanji is more challenging.

Translating even on a professional level is time-consuming and challenging so good on you for giving back.

I'm sorry to say I can't offer much advice on VNR as I've never used it before!

The kanji is a whole other beast in this game sometimes!

Everything will be going well then I run into one I don't recognize and I'll spend a solid half hour going through dictionary after dictionary looking for it lol. It's definitely a little frustrating but very rewarding once I figure it out. I have a newfound respect for all translators everywhere - professional or otherwise! And though I'd much rather make a patch the mechanics of that whole process go completely over my head so VNR it is.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
The kanji is a whole other beast in this game sometimes!

Everything will be going well then I run into one I don't recognize and I'll spend a solid half hour going through dictionary after dictionary looking for it lol. It's definitely a little frustrating but very rewarding once I figure it out. I have a newfound respect for all translators everywhere - professional or otherwise! And though I'd much rather make a patch the mechanics of that whole process go completely over my head so VNR it is.

Thanks again!

Which reminds me, I recommend Jim Breen's Dictionary. It has a kanji lookup option in which you can search for a kanji based on the radicals used. If you can copy-paste it, you can find it on this site too, 95% of the time.

Hello first of all I would like to thank you for uploading the translation to VNR, I haven't started the game yet but as someone who doesn't know japanese, I'm very excited to finally understand the game. I know it's been 3 years since your post but I would like to know if the project is still on going, Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.