[SOLVED]I'm desperate, how to install games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hime115

Apr 23, 2014
I know that for many of you this is a stupid very simply question, but don't know how to install otome games, first i don't know what to do with the divided files and second i don't know how to change the language ( if this is possible)
Please help me.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trtlatstewa
Re: I'm desperate, how to install games?

I'm answering this assuming you use Windows. You need to set your system locale to Japanese.
To do that, go to Control Panel > Clock, Languages, Region > Region and Language.
From there, click the 'Administrative' tab. The button to Change System Locale should be there. Changing it will require to restart your computer.

For divided files, you extract the first file with .001.rar/zip Just click on that first file and extract it. Be sure you completed downloading all parts otherwise you'll get a corrupt file. You can use programs like 7zip or WinRAR if you don't already have a program to extract files.

Then, to install the game, you need Daemon Tools Lite (or another program that opens ISOs) to open the ISO file to install your game. Of course, everything will be in Japanese. If you've installed a lot of programs in the past, then you'll be able to guess which buttons installs the game.

Hopefully that helps you in some way...

Thank you so much..I finally use a otome game but there is a little problem. Programs ITH, TA translate only the text of the game but the choices i could take are still in Japanese...

Thank you so much..I finally use a otome game but there is a little problem. Programs ITH, TA translate only the text of the game but the choices i could take are still in Japanese...

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it's worth a try. In TA, click on Windows. Make sure Atlas has a checkmark next to it. I think you only have Original Text selected right now. You can view both at the same time if you want. However, Atlas will only work if you installed that too... If you don't have that, look at this CraneAnime tutorial for more help.

I hope you get to play soon! :)

I'm reading your statement as saying that the choices you can make as a player are not accessed and translated by ITH/TA. In many VNs the data extracted goes into different threads, so one that provides the main text may not necessarily also output the choices (and I'm grateful for that since it'd clutter up things otherwise). My suggestion is to switch the thread ITH is accessing to one that is hopefully pulling the choices' text. You can compare it by referencing the game screen at the same time for matching text.

If however that is not possible another solution is to find a walkthrough. Many of these will have the choices displayed; highlight the ones you need and let ITH/TA translate them for you. It'll obviously spoil the routes for you but if you really want to know what the options mean (I'm curious enough at times in VNs where I've also been unable to extract choice text) this is one way of doing it short of learning Japanese or doing a manual translation yourself with a dictionary.

The last resort is to make a choice, see what happens, then reload; this isn't a method per se, just a way of experimenting and finding out the result you want. :P Might not work where the results are very far down the line though.

Oh wow. I was so tired when I last replied. I didn't fully understand what the OP was saying at the time. Thank you for clearing that up, Arylin. I usually just do the last resort method you mentioned. ;) Quicksave is very useful when it comes to selecting an option.

No problem, tiredness is always an enemy of proper comprehension. :thumbup:

For those few games, I remember looking at the character(s) on screen and devouring the text to see if the random choice I made made them happy or not. Generally, happy = good. Of course, sometimes even a happy response now can have nasty consequences later.... :evillaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
porm wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey Shine, can you please upload Version #74 for this? It's the latest update.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/いーめいどぷらす-サバイバルゲーム-#71.1224098/