Is NTR that unavoidable?

Wondermouse

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2018
Time for "Another Probably Tiny Discussion Thread That Didn't Go In The General Thread":

For me, the only thing more fun than NTR is watching people complain about NTR. It's kind of fun to see people have the exact reaction the writer(s) intended, but most complaints make me roll my eyes. Like I said in a different Tiny Discussion Thread, I'm generally pickier about it because my tastes run counter to what's in right now. But aside from the people who get genuinely angry, as if it was their significant other cheating on them, one complaint I've seen a lot actually got me curious:

In the vast, vast world of H-manga (one I know a little more about) and H-games (far less familiarity), and an equally vast sea of kinks, is it that hard to avoid netorare in specific, and infidelity in general? Is it really as pervasive as people think it is, or is it just a niche that got big and will eventually get replaced by the next big thing that everyone will inevitably complain about because of its "everywhere"-ness? For me, I have to be in a certain mood to genuinely enjoy NTR and when I'm not in that mood I can just ignore it, but I wonder if I'm the one who's weird and if it really that ubiquitous?

AFAIK, in terms of the stuff you listed, NTR is definitely prevalent in Japanese-made H-games, H-mangas, etc. There was a DMM info-graph posted in the NTR forums where NTR was the most sought after genre according to their sales statistics.

My opinion is that since Westerners hate NTR and combined with the increasing popularity of Japanese-made H-games and other forms of H-media (Steam and KaguraGames pumping out official English translations of popular Japanese titles, HentaiHaven, H-anime, sad panda, etc.), it not only subjects more NTR works to the public, but it also has inspired some Western artists to pump their own NTR-styled works. So yes, because of those reasons, I do feel that it has had a pretty significant presence that makes it feel like its everywhere.

For me, no, it hasn't been difficult to avoid. Its not my taste in general (there are some exceptions) and yet I've managed to find tons of materials that are more suited to me. NTR is popular and prevalent, but its certainly not all there is by a longshot.

NTR stuffs should be around 10-20% even you add some other dark site H such as gangbang, rape, etc there is also less than 30%. Thus around 70% is a bright site H such as harem lover.

Good NTR stuff is very hard to find since:
-Most artworks in NTR games are lower quality than other genders.
-Some story is not good. The good NTR story requires many things such as the introduction of their relationship, MC/GF/Bad guy character acting.
*** Most of NTR are milf experience woman. If you're not like milf experience woman and prefer others such as pure virgin GF got NTR by a bad guy, It will be super hard to find a good one.

Therefore, NTR is easy to avoid. Moreover, good NTR stuffs is not only easy to avoid but also hard to find.

Last edited:
Maybe, though NTR purists might disagree. As NTR goes mainstream, the hardest-hitting kind of NTR, which focuses on the feelings of its characters, is dying out. It's being replaced by a much tamer kind, which focuses on the enjoyment of sex.

So, if you're not into NTR before, this might be a good time to try again :)

technically no,depend on the genre on you watch or play. for some people NTR is kind of a hype. but for me it was weird and not FUN. for an example in the game kokyusei 2 (not sure how it was spell) you childhood friend has a boyfriend.YES, in this game you can either romance her or just see her being loved buy other guys. SO yeah, unless it was specific it was avoidable. still VNDB is your best friend to check out

It's mostly a western meme that took off well.
Just filter out the tag, you have a huge list of non ntr games, and just like any fetish, you can avoid ntr if you want, pretty easily too.
Heck, even in "ntr" games, there are many where it's either avoidable in game, or just a bad endings.
So most complaints about it don't make sense to me. I mean, I find scat literally disgusting, but I certainly won't go to every thread about new scat games to say that I hate scat. It's just stupid and a waste of time to everyone.
As for the western audience, I'm pretty sure it's relatively popular, like any other fetish, with most people not minding or simply not into it. What I've seen though, is that there is a small minority of people into a crusade against ntr for some reason. Just ignore that, and enjoy your kinks, as like I said above, it's just a waste of time talking to malicious people like that.

It's 100% avoidable once you've been around the scene long enough, but it isn't when you're a casual starting off since NTR + other things like scat are commonly used as bad endings.

This is no excuse for vanilla fags on sites like Ex (which has automatic! filtering), Boorus, and what not because they're supposed to - at some point - not be retarded and learn how to use tags. I assume most of them are just trolling, or too egotistical to realize they aren't that important.

For people playing standard H-games? Yeah, they're probably right to be mad to some degree; they didn't seek out that degeneracy (yet), unless playing something like the Bible Black series.

Yea my opinion is similar to others here. While NTR is popular and its popularity keeps rising, "good" NTR is still hard to find and sometimes there will be dry spells of 6 - 10 months without any half decent NTR game coming out. And since NTR in itself is already a very specific kink and can be separated into different aspects/types, and depending on the person the type will make or break their enjoyment, it is also hard to find a good NTR that fits for you personally. As many people prefer one type of NTR (i.e. Type A vs Type B, Netorase vs. Netori, etc) or dislike a specific type (I for example do not like Netorase at all, because the fact that the MC likes it ruins it for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.