Inquisitor

Nobody expects the...
Contributor
Oct 31, 2011
Backup mod discussion of AA2.

==[ Modding ]=======================

==[ Useful Links ]=======================

Wizzard ready mod with lst file insert

Guys, I have been messing around with the LST_INSERT feature of Illusion Wizzard (IW) and it WORKS* with AA2! The reason for me looking into it was because of the latest hair mod by Snooley. As you can read from his post the mod is relatively complex to install in part because it involves .lst file editing.

IW LST_INSERT feature
IW will insert the lines into the given .lst file and it should even warn you if there is a conflict. :)

What I did
What I did was create a modfile.txt by using lst_compare (I semi-followed this ancient tutorial). I ended up with this modfile.txt (could have been created manually, but I chose to use the tool).
Code:
jg2e_00_02_02_00.lst	0	1	57
jg2e_00_02_02_00.lst	57	1	jg2e%s02_02_00.pp	%s00_22_56_%02d.xx		%s00_22_56_%02d.%s		A00_20_00_00_00.tga

I then added a folder called LST_INSERT in the wizzard archive and copied my modfile.txt to the folder.

The folder structure inside the wizzard ready archive called, "[AA2][Hair][Mr MC][Snooley].7z" is thus like this:
--[AA2][Hair][Mr MC][Snooley].txt
--[AA2][Hair][Mr MC][Snooley]1.jpg
--[AA2][Hair][Mr MC][Snooley]2.jpg
--AA2_MAKE
----jg2e02_02_00
------AS00_22_56_00.xx
----LST_INSERT
------modfile.txt

This mod can be applied with IW after making a .lst file mod like the one darkhound did for AG3.

lst slot expansion mod
What darkhound's mod does is simply add empty lines at the end of the .lst file:
LST_INSERTpic3.jpg

It's something that we can easily make, but maybe we will have to wait until the dust has settled after the release (DLC hair will overwrite the modded DLC files etc).

Conclusion
It's relatively easy to make a wizzard ready mod with lst file insertion. However, for it to work somebody will have to create an lst slot expansion mod. Making such a mod is also easy, but maybe now is not a good time. For us to avoid collisions we will have to maintain a list of mods on the wiki and help other modders to pick a free slot. I have the mod if anybody wants to try it out (though it requires manual lst slot expansion).

Thoughts anyone?

*) For it to work we will have to create an lst slot expansion mod that will add empty lines to the .lst files.

Snooley said:
If this method even warns someone incase of an Conflict then this is the best way to go, without a doubt. :D
This sounds excellent! It also saves the modmakers the need to write out complex installation guides. XD
Well, I have investigated further and created a wizzard ready lst expansion mod that expands the back hair slots to 70. As you can see it adds disabled buttons:

(I must commend Illusion for their easily moddable design)

Important: I found out that modfile.txt ofc shouldn't contain the first line (so my example above wouldn't work), so it should look like this:
Code:
jg2e_00_02_02_00.lst	57	1	jg2e%s02_02_00.pp	%s00_22_56_%02d.xx		%s00_22_56_%02d.%s		A00_20_00_00_00.tga

I then applied your mod and then the Maker looks like this (and the new hair works):

Finally I created a second mod (actually just a copy of your mod), but with a modfile.txt looking like this:
Code:
jg2e_00_02_02_00.lst	[B]58[/B]	1	jg2e%s02_02_00.pp	%s00_22_57_%02d.xx		%s00_22_57_%02d.%s		A00_20_00_00_00.tga

I then applied the second mod and then the Maker looks like this (and the new hair works - even though it's just the same .xx file as the other mod):

Snooley said:
Only Question is, how do we find out how many empty slots we can make at max.? Or has this Number allready been figured out? (not sure if I read something about that)
Well darkhound only added up to 100, but I think it can be much higher (at least 255). It most likely depends on how much room there is for buttons, so the maximum will probably be individual for each hair/accessory type.

Snooley said:
Also, I'd like to try out the Wizzard ready file. Various People told me for some time now to make my mods Wizzard ready, I just never knew how to. XD
Guess now would be a good time to find out and the Wizzard ready MC Hair would be a good template!
I have sent you the two mods: [AA2][Hair][Mr MC][Snooley].7z and [AA2][lst slot expansion][Inquisitor].7z (only expands the back hair slots to 70). Please DO NOT share until somebody has made a proper lst slot expansion mod.

Note: When applying the lst expansion mod with IW designed for AA2 Maker, you may see this warning:

Just click OK. It's a "feature" of running PPVerDecrypt from the .bat file and I dunno how to fix it...

I'm trying to create xdiff files, but IM doesn't seem to be able to import sviex files. So I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do to create them, if it's even possible right now for AA2.
IM can create xdiff files from MQOs as well. And this is how you work with SB3UGS on single SVI units inside of their hosting SVIEX units.

The SVIEXtool lets you know which submeshes are targeted from an SVIEX. E.g. the second submesh of the body.

Select this submesh in the Mesh Editor. It will show with highlighted edges in the renderer.

Go to the SVI[EX] Juggler (Alt-N) and
  • Select the SVIEX you want to work on.
  • Make sure that the Selected option for Submeshes is selected.
When you Copy to Meshes now, only that single SVI is copied to the selected submesh. You would export it as MQO. Do that for the slim, normal and chubby SVIEX and you have three MQOs for IM to create xdiff files with.

When you Copy to SVI/SVIEX, only the submesh's data is copied into the SVIEX, which means: only that specific SVI.

My first problem with the SVIEX-files. I cannot save the changes I make. Clicking "Apply" in SB3U gives error message: No tool registered for .sviex supports encoding of ppFormat AA2 Trial.
You should use the SVIEXtool only for decoding and with the elliptical option. This is just for letting you know what type of information is kept in the SVIEX and which submeshes are targeted by it. But you could decode without elliptical option as well and also register the tool for encoding with "/encode {0}" argument. This might be okay for testing changes on single vertices, but when you have an idea about what you are doing you should switch to the SVI[EX] Juggler for swapping data of whole submeshes/SVIs and collections of meshes and SVIEXs.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting some information about the elusive sviex!

Regarding images I recommend http://i.want.tf/to/. It's also hosted by the great anime-sharing guys and it even has a plugin that allows you to instantly upload a picture from anywhere on the web. The advantage over attachments is that it can be used at both AS and HF without problems. In addition an upload comes with BB code, even for thumbnails.

Now it's 4 AM, i will leave it downloading while working on the launcher tomorrow.. until then:

For No DVD Cr@ck of DLC1 (AA2Play.exe)
1236 75 ==> EB
2002A5 75 06 ==> 90 90

Incremental .lst file updates

After looking at the hair dlc (03plus archive) it seems it's not necessary to adjust the original lst files in jg2e00_00_00.pp if you include a lst with your xx/xa in your custom pp.

For example, the hair dlc file jg2e02_00_02.pp contains AS00_20_49_00.xx, AS00_20_49_00.xa, AS00_20_49_00.bps and a jg2p_00_00_00_00.lst with a single line containing:
Code:
0	49	0	0	AS00_20_49_00.xx	jg2e%s02_00_02.pp	%s00_20_49_%02d.xx	%s00_20_49_%02d.%s	1	%sAS00_20_49_00.xa	A00_20_00_00_00.tga	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0

I created a jg2e02_00_99.pp with custom xx, xa and bsp files and a lst containing only the extra entries and the new slots show up in maker.

I'm not sure if this affects the current project of preventing lst conflicts with regards to slots, but at the very least people making hair mods don't have to edit the original lst files in jg2e00_00_00.pp, so no destructive conflicts are possible if every modder provides his own .lst contained in their .pp. No use of lstmerge seems necessary if I understand this correctly, only a central repository indicating which slots are in use, taking into account the available flipped slots of symmetric hair styles.

If all of this was common knowledge my apologies, I stayed awake while waiting for my aa2 download to finish and am not very alert

Re: Illusion Wizzard for AA2

I have adapted Illusion Wizzard (IW) to work with AA2. I made a profile called AA2_PLAY, using AA2Decrypt posted by lds718 .

Note that the wizzard/profile has been updated to use AA2Decrypt, because PPVerDecrypt had issues. Please download it again!

How to use
  1. Extract the archive to e.g. C:\illusion\wizzard.
  2. Run C:\illusion\wizzard\Illusion_Wizzard.exe.
  3. Select AA2_PLAY and press Enter.
  4. Copy mod to C:\illusion\wizzard\AA2_PLAY\mods folder.
  5. Click Refresh.
  6. Select the mod and click Apply mod.
Read more about using Illusion Wizzard.

Credits
All your rep are belong to darkhound for Illusion Wizzard and lds718 for AA2Decrypt.

Note
Mods made for the AA2_MAKE profile will work with the new profile. If you only install the profile it is recommended that you delete <Your IW folder>\_general\game_profiles\AA2_MAKE.pro to avoid accidentally selecting the wrong profile.

hey i wanna ask why my bloody AA2 game always stuck at the moment of the dialog...like force and i think it nearly all the dialogue box cannot use it just like click the word and it just gonna stop right there never move again...nothing coming out

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trtlatstewa
Re: Illusion Wizzard for AA2

hey i wanna ask why my bloody AA2 game always stuck at the moment of the dialog...like force and i think it nearly all the dialogue box cannot use it just like click the word and it just gonna stop right there never move again...nothing coming out
Read the FAQ.

Reactions: trtlatstewa
Hello everyone!

I downloaded and installed AA2 today, but unfortunately I'm having some slight issues with the translation.
------
1. When I start the game, it properly translates. I made sure that I followed all installation instructions to the "T", e.g. DLC + HF Patch installed, running with HF pApploc.
zxFKbYf.png

2. Unfortunately, when the game opens, the menu buttons are still in Japanese. Did I miss something or are they supposed to stay untranslated?
zOT5ikS.jpg

3. I know that the first button is used to start a class, but I don't know what each of the boxes are for. I'm assuming the first box is your character's name?
keFLSKf.jpg

Album

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure all dlc comes with the HF patch already so all you need is an clean install and then to run the HF patch....i don't use applocal i just set none unicode programs to japanese and i'm pretty sure it even mentioned that's the method you should use during the HF patch install(or at the end of install) but i'm not gonna rerun the patch just to find out

Re: Artificial Academy 2 HF Patch

Helo,I have recently downloaded AA2 and I having smoe problems with translation.
In the first place when I am invited by one some NPC the place they invite me to is all in japanese, also when I am choosing,changing or having conversation about clubs, names of the clubs are writen in japanese.

Here are pictures how it looks in game:
2014-09-13_00001.jpg

2014-09-13_00002.jpg

2014-09-13_00008.jpg

I have also downloaded Append Set Add-on. On the wiki it is writed that it is included in HF patch but in the game all conversations, names, personalities and everithing fom add-on is in japanese so I want to ask if I missuderstood wiki and Append Set isnt translated yet or is there a problem with my game.

Re: [Mod Release Thread](Illusion) Artificial Academy 2

I've had somewhat unhappy feelings about Schemer's pose. It seems as Schemer is constantly counting heartbeats with their wrist. It's annoying, and Snooley made a "New Schemer Poses" mod, that's 3 different poses to choose, and one of the chosen would be "the best". I've tried many ways to remedy their pose, but it's not what I want.
I have 4 files that have some short captions. The interesting thing is their numbers. There's AA2Play/data/jg2p05_s04_01.pp, that's Schemer's .wav's, there's 3 .tga's that's Schemer's kanjis, 4 files that are xxx_xx_xx.icf's, and the intriguing file jg2p_00_00_00_00.lst. Open it (Notepad), and there's lots of numbers, like 0 27 0 0 0 0 s04 策 0 8 1 1 7 1 63 56 9 1.2 0.8 0 0 (it should be tab-delimited, but it doesn't show very much).
The meaning of the number 63 is their Schemer's default pose, when there's stationary and nothing interrupting. 62 is Otaku's, 61 Savage's, 60 is Positive and 59 Gentle. There are only 5 (male) default poses, the no.64 up to 70 (it might be more, I haven't checked) are arms straight out horizontally. It probably will done another default pose, no. 64, with their Append Set 2.
The lower numbers, 56-58, are sitting postures, and 52-55 are gestures, some animated.
So, that's quite a rigmarole. But let's say, you're really frustrated with Schemer's wrist pulse checking, and it's a big letdown with Positive's arm swinging, try this.
Open jg2p05_s04_01.pp with AA2Decrypt.exe. It expands to jg2p05_s04_01, and search the file jg2p_00_00_00_00.lst. Change their number 63 for either 62, 61 or 59. Save the file, and compress again jg2p05_s04_01. Copy AA2Play/data/jg2p05_s04_01.pp to the same file, and play!
P.S. Their numbers are NOT the same as TitanPad/Imgur's, although they are Jinkou Gakuen 2's male numbers, and their AA2/Illusion's female numbers are likewise not the same. My numbers are correct (I certainly hope so...) :)
-----------
P.P.S. Someone asked for the Imgur's "wrong" numbers, here goes
http://imgur.com/DRnldtJ,8GmtcC4,bX...ux7,F5bEJci,BKtOwf4,IeiUgEF,pY81ySZ,KuWJCW5#4

Attachments

• Males_52-55S.jpg
    Males_52-55S.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 617
  • Males_56-58S.jpg
    Males_56-58S.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 406
  • Males_59-61S.jpg
    Males_59-61S.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 440
  • Males_62-70S.jpg
    Males_62-70S.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
[AA2] JG2Importer Source

I have decompiled JG2Importer 1.5.7 into source code and fixed the problem that forces you to use jp clock/formats among other things like un-hardcoding the strings in the code and moving them to a resource file and rudimentary handling of additional slots like those provided by AA2Unlimited/AA2Face. The strings themselves need translating and a few other things described in the readme.

I don't really have the time or motivation to deal with the rest, but here is the code in Git if someone would like to take a crack at translating the program, cleaning up the code, etc.
https://gitlab.com/kshinon/JG2Importer

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Allwish.me - The best site to watch anime in English Subbed Japanese Dubbed Hindi Telugu Tamil Malyalam Bengali online for Free

hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR