Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Re: [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

@enimaroah
    I found the reason, colorspace mismatch, this works now
    Texture2D texture2D = new Texture2D(this.createTex.width, this.createTex.height, TextureFormat.RGBAHalf, false, true);

Thanks
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

That is interesting, indeed. I had tested this parameter first, but it was no problem in my limited environment.

Does that mean that it works now, because the Texture2D is now aligned with the RenderTexture colorspace-wise?
    Ignore This Signature
    Sb3UGS is available on github repository or via discord.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

This is a note from my test on how to get a correct normal map / fix UV seams when import a model to HS. I remember somebody was having a problem with a mod showing mysterious seams. May be this can help.

Spoiler: How to use baked normal map in HS 
    Prepare a low poly for XNormal
    Low poly model and cage can be done in ZBrush or Maya. If Maya, then edges need to be soften. The model can have either left/right handed tangent space, it doesn't matter. Using left/right handed model baked out different normal maps, however, Unity or HS doesn't seem to care about this (Maya does). So they both work.

Use default XNormal settings for baking normal maps but the UnityTSpace plugin is needed, using Mikk TB won't work. The plugin needs to be the same version as XNormal found here, https://farfarer.com/blog/2012/06/12...lugin-xnormal/.

After bake, we'll get a typical blue RGB normal map. This map & the low poly model can be tested in Unity - map (import option type=Normal Map), model (import option Normal=import, Tangent=calculate or calculate split tangent). The result in Unity should look perfect, no UV seams.

Converting the normal map to XY HoneySelect normal map
    Can be done in mainly 2 ways

1. Import the map in Unity, put in a scene and build the project as a stand alone pc (.exe).
    2. Open the map in Photoshop and save as DDS using NVIDIA plugin

From my tests, #1 is not good. Unity will automatically change the map to -Y when we have +Y map and if we have -Y already it remains -Y. I see no option to change this setting so #1 is a no go coz we want +Y map (manually flip Y in photoshop gives almost similar map to a working map but somehow UV seams become apparent in HS). So use #2 with the options below.

Import using SB3UGS
    Just do normal texture import. Don't forget the color space needs to be 0. The low poly to be imported can have either left/right handed tangent space and can be triangulated just before import (no need to do that before bake).

I also like to correct my previous comment about how main texture scaling cause the UV seam issue. I was wrong. I tried scaling the texture and it doesn't effect the normal map result at all. And also about how to get a normal map from a built Unity project. It should be done with Photoshop instead.
    animesake likes this.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nneezz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Puh, very good to be sure that this doesn't have to be changed in Sb3UGS' tangent computation. Thanks for your report, nneezz!

JFTR, ColorSpace values
    • -1 is uninitialized
    • 0 is Gamma
    • 1 is Linear

I have added this info as tooltip, but currently there are no things to implement or fix in my dev-queue.
    Ignore This Signature

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enimaroah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassRecommendation Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Hi, there,first I want to thanks for @enimaroah and others' tips about modding in
    **Hidden Content: Like to see the content**

Because of those tips, I had some progress on my Tia Langray's costume(just some basic modification though ;P ), and now I need further tips for changing the meshes.You can see my work so far in the pic below.I used sb3u_1.64,Metaseq_4.0 and PS CS6 as tools to make a pair of wrist wraps as GLOVES(PS to change texture); sleeveless jacket and thong bunnysuit (Metaseq to slightly change the meshes without breaking vertices or normal).

But after I've done adding new strings and surface to cover up the holes between meshes,the mesh file failed to be loaded in sb3u and showed "Warning: Skipping face 6309 in mesh XXX(Scale=1000)[0] because it has a less than 3 vertices" and "Error parsing XXX(Scale=1000)[0]: Face 6378 in mesh XXX(Scale=1000)[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes" .

My guess is there is something wrong with the mesh's normal or vertices, since I broke the original model.And I think I also need to learn how to adhere meshes from two different objects. So is there any possibility that I can fix them with Metaseq? I also have Maya 2016 btw, just have no idea how to use it. Tia is my favourite girl in fighting game ever, I would love to make and share a special costume for her in HS and more than appreciate for you guys if you can help me out to make my dream come true!;P

-----------------------
    I just tried to directly copy some surfaces to those holes(use Metaseq), After then can be added to unity but then here is what pantyhose looks like in game.Seems like I need to change the vertices by other tools after all ? Just want to know the correct keyword for it so that I can search some tutorial...
    [/HIDE]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to animesake For This Useful Post:

eng

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by enimaroah View Post
    @DillDoe:
    mat_cha_00.unity3d does NOT contain the female body material. Are you talking about cf_m_base.unity3d or really mat_cha_00.unity3d?

The AssetBundleManifest principle doesn't seem to be limited to female chars. In abdata are the cm_* files defined as well.
    well I was referring to mat_cha_00.unity3d for the male hair, which I move to use with female. And I added it to a new add file, which works even being defined already in abdata (which lead me to ask if the 'only one definition' only applied to female body, which I can not get to work in a new add)

what I'm trying to do is try to get external material working for body parts (the body for my mod and the head/eye for the longer eyelash mod) by adding the list & chara path to abdata as you suggest, but I can't seem to get it to work. I know the external reference are right cause I can get the right material AFTER loading an outfit first (which define the body material so my mod can use it)

it's to a point where I even tried to copy the body material & texture into my mod to avoid external reference, but that doesn't seem to work either. the body is super bright for some reason & bumps the filesize from 13mb to over 200mb with the 4k body textures included.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by animesake View Post
    Hi, there,first I want to thanks for @enimaroah and others' tips about moddi...
    Can't see images

Thanks
    Achievements:

@DillDoe
    In my test a new geometry file is using cf_m_body material from cf_m_base.unity3d. One hair strand uses that material while another strand uses the original. The body Tag cant be used, the strand would become white / super bright. So I used the normal hair Tag. The strand clearly has a colour offset and changes with the hair colour slider. The body colour slider doesn't influence that strand.

BTW, the Tag for head and body are different although both are influenced by one slider. I see no way to achieve your goal without writing a plugin.
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

@enimaroah
    I think I'm confusing you with talks of hair and body. My goal is to reference the body material & texture for clothing type that can't use the body tag (ie. Pantyhose, gloves, etc..)
    I am able to do so BUT the issue I'm running into is the 'add' file.
    You said you can't reuse files once it's been defined so I tried adding the mod reference to abdata instead, but it doesn't seem to work either. So I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Thanks
    Achievements:

@DillDoe:
    I had hoped that the AssetBundleManifest principle would be universal, and I still think so. Therefore, my test with the hair using the body material should be equal to your goal. Still, I was not successful with that, like you.

I am afraid, but I dont think that you miss something. It just doesn't work for reasons which lie in Illusion's code - not in Unity's.
    Ignore This Signature

Thread Information