Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1083
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Re: [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Heya guys,
    I came looking for modding resources (i.e. guides and tools) for HS.
    Initially, I've been browsing HF and found a few things here and there, but from what I can tell the information is really scattered.

On HF, I stumbled accross a link to AS and had a look around here aswell, but to no avail so far.
    Are there any resources (preferably tutorial threads/collections) up?

I would be interested in rigging clothes from scratch, but I am not sure how to go about it.
    Any information is appreciated!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stiggy752 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Good day to all,

First I hope that this thread is still active. My only net access at the moment is via the pcs at the public library so I cannot use HongFire due to the many H ads there. I also have tried Discord but since the amount of time a user can spend on a computer is limited and I cannot make it to the library regularly a message board such as this one is more useful for my usage.

Anyway I have been learning to use Marvelous Designer in the hopes of creating more modest clothes for my Honey Select creations than are currently available. As a result I do not plan on distributing my mods to the public, simply to use them on my own. In my opinion they are not good enough for public use but will serve my purposes of making illustrations of characters from the stories that I write.

So, after spending over 100 hours in Marvelous Designer I made this:

Kurumi Astral Dress Complete 3.png

I then spent a week doing research on how to port it over to Honey Select and with the help of Roy12's video and Starlene's tutorial I was able to port things over and create this:

Kurumi Wearing Astral Dress 1.png

However it has a number of issues that I need help with and I would really appreciate any assistance the people on this board could provide.

1. Every time I try and open Kurumi in Honey Studio her bonnet disappears despite being present in the character creation screen.

2. Even using Starlene's blender template featuring an avatar with skirt bones they are not long enough for formal dresses and I have no idea how to make the skirt bones longer or to add more to them. I believe that longer bones would correct the distortion issues around the bottom of the longer skirts but I have never modded before so I am unsure.

3. For some reason my accessories won't scale in HS. This is annoying because I could take care of some of the clipping issues if I could make the bow slightly larger. I could also move the bow up or down if I could make the belt larger in the adjustment section which could also help with the clipping problems. Totally recreating it is the only way that I currently know to change the bow's size since the scaling options wont work in game.

4. Distortion of the crosshatch on the front of the corset. No matter what I try to change Kurumi's bust size it messes with the texture that I used to make the corset strings. The only solution that I can think to fix this is to make the strings within the mesh. I did that on the back of the corset for a much smaller lacing and that took quite a while to make. I would rather not spend half a day making the strings in Marvelous Designer if I don't have to.

5 The small bows on the front of the corset and the tops of the arm pieces were so badly distorted that I had to remove them. The bust ribbon looked misshapen from the start due to her above average sized bust size and the ribbons close to her elbows looked distorted every time she shifts her arms since they are near the elbows. As it is the crosshatch lacing on the arms is having some distortion issues, but only in certain poses.

I would really like to fix these issues if at all possible, but as a total newb to modding I have no idea how to proceed.

The other alternative that I can think of would be to somehow rip the characters out of Honey Select and display her in another rendering program. However I have only been able to find one video example of how to do this via Ninja Ripper and that only pulled the meshes not the textures. Besides I doubt that would take care of the distortion issues. However I do know that this is possible because a couple of VNs use characters from Honey select in them (think Lab Rats and Mythic Manor). Again any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you in advance for your aid. I would also like to thank Roy12 and Starlene for their tutorials. Without their help I never would have made it this far.

Have a wonderful evening / day/ morning.

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftagn!

Arkham

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arkham71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

No, there isn't much activity in any modding threads, neither here nor on HF. Not even for other games. And the only exception to this, is a script related project for producing VNs. For the ads on HF it is easy to remove them: log in! But sure, you have to reach the login first and so each first navigation would give you the ads.

Modders, especially those who target HS, can be found on discord. Asian modders have other domiciles.

One error often made is that unskinned meshes need to be "Convert"ed in the Mesh editor. HS doesn't like it when a SkinnedMeshRenderer has no bones. It is not a problem in Sb3UGS or Unity, but the game refuses to let the user transform such accessories and items.
    Ignore This Signature
    Sb3UGS is available on github repository or via discord.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enimaroah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Thank you for your kind reply enimaroah. I gave your suggestion a try and it worked! Between your suggestion and another from a user on Discord I have been able to fix (or at least greatly reduce the effects of) 3 of the issues mentioned in my earlier post. Who would have thought the the weight of the avatars breasts could cause major distortion in the chest region....

I was also able to fix the problem with accessories disappearing in HS Studio by changing their identification numbers. While I was using an accessory slot for the bonnet I was not using a HEAD slot. I would not have thought that the number range would be that important, but it seems that it is.

I am also in the process of downloading videos on rigging and on weight painting from youtube to watch over the holiday. Hopefully they will teach me enough about modding to help with the distortion issues around the base of the longer skirts. Either way I will be back on Wednesday (the next day the library is open and I have net access) to give an update.

Hopefully I will also have enough time to make Kurumi Tokasaki's date outfit over Christmas so I will have some new pictures of my work in Marvelous Designer to share.

Thank you again for your help and Merry Christmas!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to arkham71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

The best original for studying would be - http://bayimg.com/c0b0411658c99d442d...8b5ab984f1.jpg
      Spoiler:  

For dresses you always have to decide if you put in bone weights for the legs or not. The physics from DynamicBone MonoBehaviours cant work in this example, of course. Having no weights for the legs in the dress will require an extra effort to let colliders try to prevent moving the legs through the dress.

Have a nice Christmas!
    Ignore This Signature

10. The Following User Says Thank You to enimaroah For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello and good day
    I have a simple and perhaps a stupid one but I feel clueless where to find the answer.
    http://bayimg.com/oAnIJAaGC
    there's nothing on the render tabs and the log shows that "External component has thrown an exception"
    does it because either the Net Framework or Direct X ?
    my PC has .Net 4.5 and DX11.
    does it was the problems all along or I've screwed somethings up?
    thank you for any information's and help.

Thanks
    Achievements:

The problem can depend on your OS and you might need to install slimdx manually - see the release post on HF for a description. But it could also be a problem in your directx installation and you might need to reinstall directx.

Until now I haven't got a report of a problem which was fixed by reinstalling .net.
    lusterjoker likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks

have tried re-install both DirectX and the .Net but the problems still occurs.
    I'm using other applications that rely on both DX11 and .Net 4.5 and none of them have problems.
    the SB3US however have the same problems like the render tabs doesn't show anything and it won't export anything after I follow step by step tutorials on how to export objects as many as of the tutorials available.

Thanks
    Achievements:

enimaroah I hope that you had a Merry Christmas and that all is well with you. I also would like to thank you for your recent reply. Over the holiday I spent a lot of time working on the very skirt issue that you mentioned... namely how to handle distortions caused by the avatars leg movements.

Let me first explain that I was not using the skirt bones properly as I was following the tutorials too closely and was transferring the weights directly from the rigged armature during the HS import workflow. Instead I should have had Blender calculate the weights for me when parenting the skirt to the armature. Then after I figured that part out I was running into another issue because I had Blender calculate the weights for all of the meshes in the skirt individually. This resulted in the meshes all being slightly out of sync and causing weird gaps to appear in the skirt in HS. It took me a couple of hours to realize that I needed Blender to calculate the weights for the largest peice and then transfer them directly from that mesh to the others in order to sync them up properly.

After that I spent the better part of a day trying to weight paint the skirt to stop the clipping issues caused when the avatar moved into certain poses without any success. Perhaps if I had a working example from a Blender file then I could study it in order to fix my issue, but for now I am forced to just leave things as they are. Besides I sincerely doubt that a girl wearing that kind of dress could strike one of those idol poses without falling on her butt from getting her legs twisted up in the long crinolines or hoop skirts worn underneith the dress to make it poof out like it does... Besides at this point I am spending more time trying to port my clothing into HS than actually making clothing in Marvelous Designer, something that I find disturbing since my primary goal is to learn to use that software package.

Speaking of which I was able to create this over Christmas Eve and Christmas day

Attachment 20978

It is another outfit for Kurumi Tokisaki from Date A Live, one out of roughly seven or eight in the anime, light novel illustrations and other official sources. I figure that if I can make most if not all of her dresses over the next few weeks then I will have a pretty firm grasp on making Lolita fashion in MD and can then move on to men's formal wear... something even more complex than most formal dresses.

BTW I hate weight painting in HS. Too many bones to keep track of, grrr!

P.S. Sorry for not getting back to you until today. The landlord informed me at the last second that painters were supposed to come and paint my bedroom sometime this week so I was stuck at home waiting for them. Guess who never showed up?

Thanks
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Overall activity: 3.0%

How to make map ?

Guy. can give me pointer for make map or room or home?
    What shoud i do?

Thread Information