Thread: [ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Re: [ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BrimstoneOmega View Post
    That's pretty odd. No one else has experienced this, nor have I. I test those before I release them to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. It shouldn't touch anything with LRE. Are you using IPA 3.3? Did you re-patch the game after installing the update?
    this is embarrassing.. did many things to try to fix but apparently didnt do the main thing you should do when updating translation - drag/drop your .exe file on the IPA (yup, using 3.3). i just did on my thought-to-be-broken game file and the colors are back to normal ill just go sit in the corner now <<grabs dunce hat>>.. tho while im on my way can you tell me what changes i may hope to see? read the changelog and it says a new version of a plugin? can you tell me what that means?

on the bright side i created a new game file and ended up doing a major mod install which i would not have done if i installed the AIO correctly. so, my new game file has much more assets than the old one.
    BrimstoneOmega likes this.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class500 Experience Points3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by CGS713 View Post
    tho while im on my way can you tell me what changes i may hope to see? read the changelog and it says a new version of a plugin? can you tell me what that means?
    Mostly it's behind the scenes stuff for the plugin itself, recognizes different image formats, stuff like that. But On the user end you can actually disable the subtitles that are displayed at the top of the screen now in the ini file for the plugin. Under the subtitles header, change bEnabled=True to bEnabled=False.

Some other stuff was added as well, some mods got translated and a few of the things that weren't working in the UI are good now.
    CGS713 likes this.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

If this isn't the thread for discussing translation, can you tell me which one is? The OP says this isn't for troubleshooting, but that's been the topic of the last two pages.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

I'm gradually translating Battle Arena's Card Edit (CardEdit3.txt) interface, with a preference for internal names found in the assembly, alternatively using a conventional gameplay term if it makes the mechanics clearer. The translation leans more toward clarity than fidelity; some descriptions were reworded and some errata corrected, and I used the tooltips on the Ability tabs to add more explanation of the basic mechanics. Now I'm down to translating the dialogs in the visuals, which are about 50 lines for 45 voices, mostly the same line with a different delivery or the same gist in a different idiom.

Some of the translation has been organized into Translations.txt for the sake of consistency between levels, but I think they'll have to be copied to each level that uses them in order to reduce the number of global searches. Customization can add a lot of names, labels, and effect combinations that can't be anticipated in translation, which will increase the number of full search attempts.

I think regex matching will be needed to make sense of the log output in Battle6.txt, as the strings are constructed from variables and constant to describe the gameplay action. But atm, I'm not familiar enough with regex expressions to construct them effectively and efficiently.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DokEnkephalin; November 15th, 2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: reuploaded with the dump section removed from Translations.txt

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread Information