[WIP Project] Scaled Weapons - BlackRockShooter - Dead Master Scythe (Wood)

axtc

negai wa?
Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
G'day people I don't know. This is nobody appearing out of nowhere with some stuff I wanted to share that you may or may not have the slightest interest in.

I've decided to finally to try something for the first time. Making near replicas of weapons only people of our nature know and hopefully love.

We've arbitrarily chose to begin this with Dead Scythe, Dead Master's primary tool of choice.

P_20180125_224452_vHDR_On.jpg

I've done my best to trace photos of PVC figures, since the original sources are either too stylized or loose to make out any form... so in a sense, I will reference what the sculptors interpreted from images. There are two variations here that I cannot decide between right now; the one based off the original illustration, and the other from the animation version of the figure, which (to my knowledge) is not based off an illustration. If you'd like to voice your opinion on which you'd like to see happen, leave a comment below and don't forget to Like and Subscribe!

This will hopefully turn into the primary thread for future creations, but I'll worry about renovating this post if this gains enough popularity from you lovely folks.

Attachments

• oWMCIC1.jpg
    oWMCIC1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 198
Hi another man from nowhere. I can't tell you which one is better< but both of them look nice and the main idea sounds like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work! Hope to see this thread popular or at least alive!

Long live the unlimited paper replica man!

Hi another man from nowhere. I can't tell you which one is better< but both of them look nice and the main idea sounds like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work! Hope to see this thread popular or at least alive!

Long live the unlimited paper replica man!

Thanks, Drell of 1 Post! I received enough votes among friends to pick the bottom one, so I went with that.

Wanted to post an update on the progress. I have to say a lot of time went into idling as I spent a great amount of time trying to figure out the easiest way to go about cutting out the shape from a large sheet of plywood. So before getting into that, I decided it would be a time saver to invest time into putting together a table-mounted jigsaw.

P_20180223_165409_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180223_202100_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180311_171635_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180311_171606_vHDR_On.jpg

Getting the rough cuts in. Don't have a large sanding disc, so I had to go at it with a dremel, meaning it's not easy to get a uniform thickness.

P_20180314_233052.jpg
P_20180317_154843.jpg

Spent the bulk of this week shaping in the curves and correcting over-cuts.

I'd progress through this a lot faster if I wasn't so attached to Rocket League.

This week I spent many more hours adjusting the outside edge of the blade, getting a symmetrical shave on both sides from end to end. But then I anticipated I may have to come back to that if I mess up the inside edge.... so I switched over to that today...

P_20180401_220611.jpg

Oh I also sped things up by removing a bulk of the tighter curves with a sanding drum, and later hitting it with a small curved file:

P_20180401_220628.jpg

I'll be working on the chunky teeth-y section next.

Update time:

P_20180410_230506.jpg

Cut the blade off the headpiece. A single-piece of wood sculpture would be impressive, but I'm lacking carpentry skills to make this happen in a short period of time. So I'm cutting it. It made it a hell of a lot easier getting the areas there.

P_20180423_214801_1.jpg

Finally got started on developing this part a little more. I don't have the latest update on this in photo form yet, but I've been reducing its thickness to create a relief of where the pointy parts protrude from. This part is tricky to articulate for me.

The next challenge I will no doubt have to face is how I would connect the pieces together. I wasn't going to do just glue. That's just asking to be knocked off.

P_20180410_230558.jpg
P_20180410_230639.jpg

P_20180502_224250.jpg

Started shaping these spinal vertebrate pieces.

P_20180503_235411_1.jpg

Annnnd I finally got the warped handle to look much more convincing.

P_20180506_221610.jpg

For tonight, I've dug into the shaft's head to allow the first vertebrae a pocket to sit in. I've also had to adjust the vertebrae ends so that they would sit flush with its neighbours, as well as bending the rod as I didn't drill the holes into the head and shaft at the same angles.

P_20180506_224157.jpg

As the warped handle was being finished up, some adjustments had to be made on both portions of the shaft. Also did a bit of work on the butt of the scythe, but that's the next thing to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks