Pokémon Special Help (delete if against forum rules)

SSJCyberSonic

Tired Onii-san
Elite Member
Feb 13, 2013
Not sure if many people know this, but there is a manga adaptation of the Pokémon video games since Red and Green game out way back when.

In contrast to the anime, this manga is a bit more mature and serious and more closely follows the plots of the games.
Now I know where to download this manga, but I'm more inclined to try and buy the published volumes, so I can support the artist and writer of this wonderful series.

The problem is however, that to companies publish this series in English. One is Viz Media in America and the other Chuang Yi in Singapore. While I can locally order the Viz Media version though an anime focused retailer a few towns over, I've heard that the Viz Media version has censorship issues. And they have a very haphazard way of releasing the volumes. Chuang Yi on the other hand has been translating and publishing the series from start to finish since the beginning, but I haven't found any place to order them from.

Does anyone know if the Viz Media version is THAT censored that it breaks the experience? Or does anyone know if the Chuang Yi version has as weird English as I've heard? And if not, perhaps where I can order them from?

I live in South Africa, so I need a company that ships internationally if possible.

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure if this clip answers the question about the Viz Media version or not, but here it is.

Based on personal experience and certified from that clip above, it is true that it is censored. It's more along the lines of covering the females' breasts if they are too 'exposed' or if there are some 'sexy' moments, the editors would cut that scene.

That clip is just an example of what Viz does.

As for Chuang Yi, I am unable to provide any statement based on personal experience. Although, most would prefer it for the direct Japanese translation and the cover art.

---> Viz and Chuang Yi discussion http://www.serebiiforums.com/archive/index.php/t-472247.html

Ebay appears to be a way to get something cheap or hard to find.

I apologize if it doesn't help. Hope it works out though.

This thread is fine. I see nothing in here that is against the forum rules. Carry on.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've decided to go ahead and buy the VIZ version from amazon.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks