Finding quality translations

Placeholder1

Elite Member
Mar 23, 2013
I'm sure many of you who read scanlations have had this experience: you find a manga you like, really get into it, and after having read enough chapters to become emotionally invested suddenly issues translated by a decent translator are no more and you're left with sub-par scanlations that smother your interest with cold, hard disappointment. That experience is so abhorrent and so prevalent in the scanlation world that I stopped reading manga altogether for about a year now.
My question is, is there any way to ascertain beforehand the continued quality of a specific manga's scanlated issues (without examining chapters in the latter half of a series ahead of reaching them)? Maybe there's a site that only allows decent-quality translations or something? I'd even settle for some tips on completed series fully and well translated. If someone could help me out here, I'd be truly grateful.

I don't think a site like this exit, though I would greatly appreciate if someone made one. It would be a tough task though, because you would have recruit someone who's got serious Japanese skills...
The horrible translation quality is partly what made me learn Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha