Deep Love

Ame

May 2, 2011
Recently I read this manga: Deep Love.

1yuyko.jpg

I was looking for some mangas to read and I found this.
I was totally clueless. I read the summary and looked to the genre. The summary was ordinary, it didn't said me much but I gave it a try. I think we'll never know a manga (or a book) just by seeing the synopsis or the cover.

"Ayu, a 17-year-old high school student, believes neither in a future nor the happiness it could bring her. By selling herself, she tries to justify her existence, which is as bleak as her heart - it’s devoid of joy, sorrow, love. Not until her encounter with a kind-hearted old lady does Ayu begin to realize the true meaning of happiness… - animea"

Well, I went forward...

To don't tell all the story (and spoiler), I will just say some thoughts that occurred to me.

Ayu, the main character, lived a life full of pain. She made very wrong things so my impression of her wasn't good. After seeing some scenes I thought about stop reading, but something made me go on. It was too early to give up... I had to read more, see the development that would take. And deep inside, I was hoping to see her changing, turning her life around. So, my curiosity was an incentive...

Although all the things she made, she was a "pure" person. Kind, nice, compassionate, protect who she likes and very hard-working (well, depends on how you see it). Her determination to go through all the pain, the darkness in her life. Like one guy said in the manga... "are you an angel"? Well... if she was or not an angel, it depends on how you look at her.

The message that the author tried to pass was a nice touch. This is something that really happens. So many people neglect themselves for several reasons.

If you have never read Deep Blue, I suggest you to do (if you feel like... I guess I was in the mood lol). It's heartbreaking and sad. :(

Looking to all this... maybe I overreacted lol I was just expressing my thoughts, don't take it too seriously. Grr... my mood... lol

What do you think? Did you like it? No? I'm all ears... (or eyes lol)

Oh, almost forgot... the dog (Pao) is cute.

You can find the manga in this thread: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/completely-scanlated-manga-29/deep-love-ayu-no-monogatari-9620/

(and once again, sorry for my english)

Last edited:
Reactions: renano and alexsdu
i think this one has been adapted into anime series or into live-action. if my memory serves me correct~

gonna check this out ~ if time allows me to do so ~ . .

thanks for the recommendation..

Look interesting. I'll might go take a look at it.

*Got back from the link*
It seem the DL link was from Megaupload, and it's closed by FBI.
Guess my other choice is to look for it in scanlation site.

Last edited:
I will give it a try though I try to avoid love stories

I've become too cynical to enjoy them

Thanks for sharing this information.

Need a break from cute shoujo.

Users who are viewing this thread