Thread: 『Mafia Game 8: Your maddest School Life ever starts from here...』

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Re: 『Mafia Game 8: Your maddest School Life ever starts from here...』

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Shinozaki View Post
    First we were discussing about the case and now we're having a debate on what is considered a murder or suicide?
    Well if it is suicide the killer would be M1.
    Ignore This Signature

Created by MadSova
      Spoiler: Old sig 

Created by and thanks to unownHGSS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

『In this school everything exists to be used a weapon to kill. Whether you know it is or not, think it is or not.』
    Ignore This Signature

Humanity Elimination: 0.000003%

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran

- deleted -
    Last edited by M1ha1ru; January 9th, 2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: deleted

Thanks
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

『Post #2014 !!!! (yep, just spam ^_^)』

『Ah well, off to exam, laters people~』
    Last edited by MadSova; January 9th, 2014 at 06:18 AM.
    Ignore This Signature

Humanity Elimination: 0.000003%

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 2,225 Posts
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassYour first Group
    Awards:
    WOW #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 Participant

Hmm... well if we can figure out what counts as a killing and what counts as suicide then we would be able to determine the culprit... If this counts as suicide then Mikhail would be the culprit and if not then... otherwise...
    Ignore This Signature

~Do you have a wish?~

To the many friends that have come and gone...
    We shall miss you..~ Do drop by if you find yourself nearby..~

Made by an odd neko~
      Spoiler: Test your video editing skills or try a random game~ 

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by FinalPyre View Post
    I think it is better for you just to state that making sense doesn't work here.

Your example doesn't work. A gun is a tool designed specifically to kill things. It doesn't really have another purpose. You have a button that calls a train, that it's purpose is to ferry people to and from school. The gun in your example and your train button are nothing alike, and you can't really create a correlation between, say, randomly pushing a button that calls a train for you to travel in, or going out in your back yard and randomly aiming and firing a shotgun. The utility of a gun is to kill, the utility of a train is travel (regardless of whether you have spikes in front... which really shouldn't make a difference with a moving train anyways).

You can't call someone foolish for pushing a button that calls their ride, and not anticipating that they would need to systematically check the entire train system by themselves before they can verify that it is a safe course of action. You can, however, call the person foolish who randomly fires birdshot in their back yard.
    I would like to point out that the gun was originally implemented as an advanced form and probably most accurate and efficient of projectile weapons, and like all projectile weapons, they were originally intended to be used for hunting, not necessarily killing, but more of incapacitating. Your logic can lead to the assessment that a fork was made for killing simply because it was modelled after a weapon.

Also, any death caused by an individual without the intention to kill is technically _______-cide (parricide, homicide, pesticide, etc.). Since the death was labelled as murder we MUST assume that someone had the intent.

Also, please surrender all your shoes to me. I am not done inspecting them.

Oh and by the way, have we established why Chiru was in the middle of the tracks?

Let us suppose the murderer pressed the button, that still leaves the blood trail. Another peculiar thing is that if Mikhail was indeed killed by the train, the following ideas contradict such an assumption:
    1. With the school's train system, it would not have stopped when it hit him and would have either run him over or tossed him further away.
    2. The corpse itself is peculiar, assuming that the train killed him, his body should have been more mangled as the train would have dragged him around the entire track.
    3. If he was hit in front of the platform, Mikhail wouldn't be impaled as such as the train would be slowing down.
    4. The blood trail itself makes no sense. Why would someone drag the body off the track, on to the platform, and back to the track but further in?

Do correct me if I made a mistake in my assumptions.
    Ignore This Signature
      Spoiler: You don't want to see this 

Me without my mustache

DreamCa7ch3r

I don't wanna take orders from a mustache :/

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by MadSova View Post
    And saying that Azuriel started going around the people and looking at everyone's shoes. The only shoes that have been stained with blood were: Fear's, Ariya's, Bear's, Satori's and Sin's.
    I think you've looked at everyone's shoes already.
    Ignore This Signature
    [IMG]http://i.**********/E7CVCmA.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sintarow View Post
    My example works perfectly for the mindset of this game.
    Without knowing the button is like the trigger of the gun.
    Your example works if we all agree that making sense doesn't work here. Otherwise it is the same as my example. I can even flesh this out further for fun if you want.

Spoiler: More examples 

Consider Chaos Theory, and its popular butterfly effect. If a butterfly flapping its wings was the final catalyst for the storm, is it rational to blame the butterfly? No. Even if we assume exceedingly intelligent butterflies, it has no way of knowing that its specific flight pattern could cause a storm.

Consider there is a scientist that develops a particularly dangerous new type of weapon. Despite taking all the normal security precautions and a few extra just to be safe, a very skilled thief breaks in, steals the weapon, and uses it to kill a great multitude of people. Who gets the murder charges, the scientist or the thief? Obviously the thief. The thief set out with intention to kill people, while the scientist was doing his due part to try to keep people away from his dangerous creation.

Now an example to suit our situation. Consider a pilot trying to land a plane. Everything seems normal, and he doesn't get any warning signals or anything. Yet when he lands on the runway, the plane hits the ground and get severely damaged, killing many of the passengers, but the pilot escapes. It would appear that though no alarms went off, the landing gear didn't deploy properly. Further investigation shows that an engineer intentionally disabled the landing gear in such a way that the alarms wouldn't go off. Who gets the jail time? The pilot who didn't successfully land the plane, or the engineer who sabotaged the plane? Once again, it should be obvious that it is the engineer.

The pilot is our button-presser, the plane is a train, the landing gear is safety protocols to make sure it doesn't hit anyone, and the engineer is monoowl.

Further, your example only works if the gun the person was holding looks suspiciously like a kazoo, rather than a gun. The person has used it before and it functioned like you would expect a kazoo to function. This one time, in addition to functioning like a kazoo, it also functioned like a gun. Now it is a rough parallel to our train problem. Do we blame the person who thought they were playing the kazoo, or the person who added the gun functionality to the kazoo, unbeknownst to the kazoo player? As always, the answer is obvious.

@aexiel; War creates most advancements. I think people knew exactly what they were creating when they made guns. And even if you suggest that the first use was hunting, one does not hunt with a gun to subdue, but to kill and eat an animal. Tranquilizers weren't until later.
    A fork was made specifically for the task of eating (not murdering, other than maybe in "3:10 to Yuma" ). I don't know my fork history, but I would assume that if anything, it was modeled after a pitchfork, which was itself created for farming and not for being a weapon.

And your guesses so far are the same as mine. The first guess I have is that they realized that the button pressing was probably an issue, and were indecisive about hiding their tracks. Either that or there was killing intent after all, and thus we have a murder.
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 2,225 Posts
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassYour first Group
    Awards:
    WOW #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 Participant

Hmm... doesnt particularly seem like there was intent here...

Thought someone else was looking at shoes O.o

Chiru was in the tunnel walking with Mikhail although were not sure what happened because she really hasn't been talking much.

Sova really should explain the train's workings more... 4th time explaining... maybe 5th... ahh too lazy to explain fully... The train moves once per phase then stops at the station for an hour before disappearing off into a forbidden area until next phase. Not all laws of physics apply here either ;p There was spikes in front of the train which would sort of catch Mikhail and keep him there? He was likely hit 30 steps into the tunnel if the pool of blood there is any indication. We believe that someone took his body off the spikes and dragged it onto the platform then tossed it back on the tracks after. Then went to try wiping away the blood. Everything here is made of "madness" so the train just doesnt slow no matter what it hits.
    Last edited by Ghost Kitty~; January 9th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Ignore This Signature

~Do you have a wish?~

To the many friends that have come and gone...
    We shall miss you..~ Do drop by if you find yourself nearby..~

Made by an odd neko~
      Spoiler: Test your video editing skills or try a random game~ 

Thread Information