Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji Learning RPG

A

akaUriel

Hey guys, a great tool for learning all the characters in Japanese is Slime Forest. It is an adventure RPG where you type in the name of the character that appears above a slime to defeat it. You can type the meaning or pronunciation of a kanji to get credit for defeating it, I would recommend doing both.

As far as the story of the game goes, you are an adventurous potato farmer who has gone to market to sell potatoes. However! There are rampant slime raging through he countryside. Hero needed? Yes. Do you want to be the hero? Yes. Embark on the first episode to save the princess (contains all hiragana/katakana/200 kanji), then after that set sail for further islands on your new ship to find other adventures. Tales of the ghost king, ninja slime caves, and treacherous wilderness trails await you (containing 1800 more kanji)!

In order to get past the first episode, you need to donate to the project - $25. However, if you have donated, you can give an invite to someone. I've already used mine, but if you really don't have the funds to donate to such a great project, send me a PM and I can give you an unlocker for the rest of the adventures.

Download Here - http://lrnj.com/

battlescreen.png

overscreen.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenpa
Thanks for the advice, I will check this game out. There is also another great game named Knuckles in China Land, full version is available here. You will also need to download .NET Framework 1.1 (it will not install with later versions), you can do it here. The link to the official website is here.
The game allows to study 6000+ kanji (and you choose the level of their difficulty) and kana. It also has an option to study other languages and you can edit the vocabulary adding new words and kanji there.
From the description:

Knuckles in China Land has built-in learning content for the following languages:
- Japanese
- German
- Indonesian
Knuckles is an RPG game that teaches all the characters from the Hiragana and Katakana syllabries, over 6000 Kanji characters (1000 of them are ordered from 'more common' to 'less common'), and hundreds of Japanese, Indonesian, & German words.
Includes:
6000 Standard Kanji
Japanese Language Proficiency Test: Levels 4 to 1 (Vocabulary & Kanji)
Heisig’s “Remembering the Kanji”
Gameplay is similar to traditional console RPGs, with the exception of the battles. In these battles enemies take on the form of Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji or Japanese vocabulary. The game features multiple endings and 30 hours of storyline.
If you are not satisfied with the included content, you are free to add your own using the included Vocabulary Editor. The Vocabulary Editor and the Knuckles in China Land game both support non-Latin input. This allows for content for virtually any language to be added.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenpa

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。