Now is the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altzane

Nov 8, 2010
For me to post my introduction! Thinking of an introduction title is more work than I expected though in the end I prevailed. So onwards with the introduction. My real name is David and I'm 22 years old. I started watching anime when I was really young on local tv in the morning, at the time it wasn't really a hobby; just something I watched before I headed off to school. Things like the early Pokemon episodes and Sailor Moon. I didn't really start getting into anime until I started watching Yu-gi-oh, actually I recorded it to VHS every week and I got quite skilled with pausing the VHS player before commercials. Anyways from there it led to watching Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami, I watched it everyday, and dammit I was heart broken when there was a tournament going on in Yu Yu Hakusho and then all of the sudden the next day the episode was starting from episode 1. Anyways I finally got into Japanese dubbed anime when one of my friends forced me to download the first episode of Naruto right after it began to air. From there I watched many series and will no doubt continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Visual novel wise, I wasn't aware of their existence at the time, however in the 10th grade one of my friends handed me a blank CD and asked if I could burn him a game to the disk. He said the games name was Immoral Study 2 and he whispered it as if anyone in the class room would even know what it was. Me being the good friend that I am decided I would do it for him. I decided I would give the "game" a try and from there its history. It wasn't until I watched the anime Fate Stay Night and read about the other routes and what not to give a long visual novel a read. From there I read many a visual novel and will no doubt continue to do so for the rest of my life.

I actually haven't started reading manga until recently, I started with Vagabond. It was quite an ambitious task as it was fairly huge when I started. I never actually caught up to the weekly stuff for it but I really liked what I read and I hope it may be made into an anime someday. Now I guess I just read Bleach weekly but I have started up on Bakuman and I've been enjoying it a lot so far.

Alright, guess thats more of a biography than an introduction but eh, I like to type what can I say? My hobby other than video games, anime, manga and visual novels is sleeping.

I guess I'll see you guys around, also I clicked preview post and it said I had to be signed in, thank Thor for the back button. If I had to type all of that again I'd have a much shorter introduction.

... wow hello David ^^ Long intros are rare xD Nice to meet you. Have a gander at the spam section and make friends :) Hope to see you around ^^

Great introduction, loved it.
& Hello David~
Welcome to AS! (:
Hope you enjoy your stay here & look forward to seeing you around the forum.

What video games do you play?
Do you own a game console? Or more? ^^

Hello David , welcome to AS , enjoy ur stay here.

Which visual novels u played edi?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I like RPGs and FPS mostly. Currently for online I'm playing League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft and eagerly waiting for CoD Black Ops and Cataclysm. I don't own a console except a DS, I've grown way too attached to my mouse and keyboard. My WASD keys are worn into nothingness. For offline games I'm working on beating Fallout New Vegas though its been super buggy but in the time I have played it I enjoyed it. Working on finishing Eien no Aselia visual novel wise, its been pretty long but I'm enjoying it. After that ever17 or Ef, I'm still deciding on which to read first. Also Kou I'm quite unsure what you mean when you say edi?

I definitely have a soft spot for the romance genre I left that out because I could talk about it all day and I figured my introduction was long enough. The first anime that really got to me for romance was Elfen Lied, at the time I wasn't interested in romance at all but Elfen Lied changed everything for me. The end left me feeling hollow, and the only way to quench it was more romance. Then it ends and I'm feeling hollow again even if it is a good ending because I'm sad that a great series comes to an end, I guess thats what it means to be hooked. But its a good feeling and when the storyline is great it just makes it even more enjoyable.

Most LoL players don't play dota anymore ): .. sadly.
So you prefer playing FPS more huh >_>
Do you play RTS games?
Oh yeah, so do you own a Razer keyboard & mouse? (Since you're a FPS player)
Reading Ef first would be recommended ^^
Kou meant already, edi is a shortcut for already.

So do you like mahou shoujos? ^^

Never played dota, started LoL a little over a year ago, but I've always wanted to try dota though. Might give Steam's dota a try when its released.
I like FPS and RPGs about 50/50. Besides LoL, I don't play any RTS if you can consider it one. I used to play a lot of C&C Red Alert 2 and Generals but I kind of just grew away from it.
I do own a razer copperhead mouse, but my keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse.The glow is pretty cool in the dark but like I said my WASD keys are worn down so its nothing but a big blue glow, lol.
I checked out the first few minutes of both ever17 and Ef, and I gotta say the lip movements in Ef impress me so I'll probably give that a go.
So edi is already, makes sense, I learn something new everyday.
I don't aim for mahou shojous in particular, if it sounds interesting I'll give it a try. I won't watch a show just because it contains mahou shojous but I also won't prejudge a show because it does contain them. I learned the hard way to never prejudge things and always give everything a chance. For example I found that I like Mechs more than I hate them.

You mean dotA 2? I'm still not sure weather if it's gonna be in a CD or a downloadable content. You have any ideas of it? ^^
Oh, do you find RTS boring? So you're just in between those two huh >_>
Cool~ Always wanted a razer mouse. How much did you bought both the keyboard and the mouse for?
It's okay to be worn out for a FPS player ^^
Yeah and the storyline is pretty much above average i would say.
But the story will be long though, depend on how fast you read.

Yup, we learn something new everyday!
Everyday is a learning process.
Hmm.. sounds true.
Maybe i should Mecha a go too ^^

Welcome to AS, David. ^^

Let's see - you like anime, games and eroge, as well as being a good writer - I think you'll do good here. :D See you around and don't get frightened by all the spammers. ;)

Elfen Lied wasn't really romance though heh.

I stay out of most RPG, I do play TF2, and RTS such as Company of Heroes. Some L4D series. Used to be playing in clans for both TF2 and L4D until I got bored and don't have time for them anymore.

Also I stay out of Naruto, OnePiece (so is the staff of AS) plus all shounen hack & clash genre

Hey David, I'm also a LoL player, could game sometime together ;P but I only started one to two months ago, so I aren't pro at all, but would be fun to play with fellow forum mates.

Anyway Welcome to AS and hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to add me as friend.

You mean dotA 2? I'm still not sure weather if it's gonna be in a CD or a downloadable content. You have any ideas of it? ^^
Oh, do you find RTS boring? So you're just in between those two huh >_>
Cool~ Always wanted a razer mouse. How much did you bought both the keyboard and the mouse for?
It's okay to be worn out for a FPS player ^^
Yeah and the storyline is pretty much above average i would say.
But the story will be long though, depend on how fast you read.

Yup, we learn something new everyday!
Everyday is a learning process.
Hmm.. sounds true.
Maybe i should Mecha a go too ^^

Not sure what the dota will be at all, Valve hasn't released much info on it.
I've found my patience for RTS to be... lacking.
Mouse was $10 because I had a 30% off coupon and the store was offering a 50% off discount and the two fortunately stacked. So I only paid 20% the base $50 price. This keyboard was like $30 I think around 5 years ago? I think its really cheap now because an Eclipse 2 came out. All prices are in USD.
Sadly my mouse is on its way out too, the left click sometimes double clicks, but using it often everyday, I'm surprised it lasted so long.
If I want to relax and enjoy a deep story that submerges me I'll play an RPG, but if I want to do enjoyable pvp I'd play an FPS. If I want to do pvp that frustrates me I'll play LoL.

Welcome to AS, David. ^^

Let's see - you like anime, games and eroge, as well as being a good writer - I think you'll do good here. :D See you around and don't get frightened by all the spammers. ;)

I type a lot so it just became second nature. I find myself typing as I'm thinking so it usually results in overly long posts. The only spam I really dislike is bot spam.

Elfen Lied wasn't really romance though heh.

I stay out of most RPG, I do play TF2, and RTS such as Company of Heroes. Some L4D series. Used to be playing in clans for both TF2 and L4D until I got bored and don't have time for them anymore.

Also I stay out of Naruto, OnePiece (so is the staff of AS) plus all shounen hack & clash genre

Yeah I know Elfen Lied isn't purely romance I mentioned it because it was what opened me up to the genre when I didn't think I would be interested in it.

I haven't watched Naruto in a while and one piece never interested me. Just mentioned that as I did enjoy the first many episodes which led me to seek other non dubbed anime.

Hey David, I'm also a LoL player, could game sometime together ;P but I only started one to two months ago, so I aren't pro at all, but would be fun to play with fellow forum mates.

Anyway Welcome to AS and hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to add me as friend.

I don't play LoL too competitively just with some friends to have fun for the most part. My record is around 600-550 just a little over 1:1 so I'm not really an elitist over wins or anything. My name in game is Altzae but I do play on the NA server.

Also thanks for the welcome again everyone. This is a great community and I like what I see in it.

Oh xD That's unfortunate :( I play in the EU server :/ Oh well, could have some exchange in playing styles in the future ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread