Hi all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewToy

Dec 15, 2010
I have been hanging around a couple of weeks now so I figured it was about time for me to say hi. I came across this forum through a random anime search and find myself coming back again and again. No sense putting it off any longer. I suppose I'm hooked.

I am a 40 year old male from Texas. I have been fascinated with Japan and Asian culture in general for longer than I can remember. Although I realize anime and hentai is not exactly a good representation of Japan I can't deny I like it. lol

Thanks to the creators and users here for their contributions. I have been reading a lot and learning much. I hope to continue this for a long time and with any luck find some way to contribute as well.

Hey ChewToy. :)

Glad you like it here and that you'll enjoy hanging out with us - anime connects people after all, no matter where they come from or how old they are. ^^
So anyway, have fun and see you around the place. :)

Welcome aboard, ChewToy~ ^^

Hope you will enjoy being with us now and in the future :)

Hello ChewToy.

Welcome to AS and enjoy your time here.

I think you are the oldest member here now xD.

Welcome to AS and wow, you're 40 years old. I guess time sure fly fast

Congratulation, that make you the second oldest member we have ever had to date.

Oldest held by a person who came from California, he was 68 years old. He was into eroge though, especially school romance one, and some magical girl too.

Random example:
ev_dd01_03.jpg

Heey~ Welcome mate, and greetings from California! As Coro had said, anime connects people together regardless of any differences, so I know you'll fit in. :233cd70a:
I'll see ya around the forum!

:059: Hi ChewToy and welcome to AS!

Wow, 40 first time I've met one here in AS, Thank you for continuing your support in our growing anime community and hope that you'd enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed it too. well this is your intro, how 'bout a quick interview then.

Q. How did you come up with that username?
Q. What are the anime/s you're watching now? and what are you favorites?
Q. Do you have a favorite anime character? if yes who is your favorite anime character?
Q. What kind of music do you listen to?
Q. What are your favorite songs?
Q. Do you play Visual novels? or what kind of games do you play?
Q. What are your hobbies?
Q. What kind of stuff do you like?
Q. What are your favorite foods?
Q. Do you know Checkmate?
Q. What Languages do you speak?
Q. Do you like FlashChat?
Q. Do you know how to read/write Japanese?
Q. What's your opinion between the differences of Cartoons and Anime?

bonus question: "I realize anime and hentai is not exactly a good representation of Japan" :
Q. How come you've thought about this?

be active , keep posting and enjoy your stay.

See ya :967339c1:

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. Yall make me feel right at home. :-) There seems to be some shock about my age. Ha ha. I guess I never outgrew the things I loved as a child. Cartoons in any form have always been close to the top of my list of favorite things. I have been told by many people (mostly girls) that I never got past being a teenager. I am not sure they meant it as a compliment but I take it as one anyway.

Now for Shitotaku's interview. That is a lot of questions. I will do my best!

Q. How did you come up with that username?
A.
I used to play Rose Online with a girl that became very special to me. She gave me the nickname. She liked to say I was her chewtoy. Since then I have used that nickname for most of the forums I have been a part of.

Q. What are the anime/s you're watching now? and what are you favorites?
A.
There are two I am working on. "Sekirei", I am about half way through the second season and loving it. It is kinda like Pokemon except you collect hot chicks to fight each other instead of monsters. Fabulous! The second is "Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad". Technically I finished the anime, but I liked it so much I am reading the manga. The anime only covered a small portion of the story. I am on volume 26 of 34 with the manga. I consider it my favorite anime/manga. It's a story of a Japanese rock band. This is more like a novel than manga. It gets a little slow at times but the story is great and the characters are well developed. It is way off the beaten path and a refreshing change of pace.

Q. Do you have a favorite anime character? if yes who is your favorite anime character?
A.
Hmmm. Tough question. I guess my favorite is Maho from "Beck".

Q. What kind of music do you listen to?
A.
Mostly alternative, unless I'm walking down the 80's memory lane.

Q. What are your favorite songs?
A.
I have a few favorite songs. Most are from Sublime.

Q. Do you play Visual novels? or what kind of games do you play?
A.
I do play visual novels. I am working my way through Corocoro's English VN list. It is a treasure trove! I also play WoW and Rose Online.

Q. What are your hobbies?
A.
I guess you could say technology is a hobby for me. Obsession is more accurate. Attending ITT Technical Institute for an associates degree in computer network systems and then a Bachelors degree in computer/network security. I hope to make my hobby my job.

Q. What kind of stuff do you like?
A.
Stuff is a pretty broad term. Having trouble thinking of an answer that doesn't sound sexist. ;-P

Q. What are your favorite foods?
A.
Mostly Italian. Pizza, lasagna, and such.

Q. Do you know Checkmate?
A.
Unless you are referring to the chess move, no.

Q. What Languages do you speak?
A.
English, American, and Texan Yall.

Q. Do you like FlashChat?
A.
Sure why not.

Q. Do you know how to read/write Japanese?
A.
I wish I did. Want to learn. Speaking it would also be nice.

Q. What's your opinion between the differences of Cartoons and Anime?
A.
Other than rating, I consider anime to be of Japanese origin or influence while cartoons are more an American thing. That is just an opinion though. Never really looked up the definitions.

bonus question: "I realize anime and hentai is not exactly a good representation of Japan" :
Q. How come you've thought about this?
A.
I think this way because to me it is a reality/fantasy relation. I respect and admire the Japanese culture in reality. I love Japanese Anime/Hentai as a fantasy. If anime/hentai actually represented Japan and it's culture then Japan would be populated with big busted school girls in short skirts that got screwed every time the wind blows. lol Maybe not a bad thing, but definitely a fantasy.

I hope I answered your questions well. If I wasn't clear or misunderstood please feel free to ask further. :-)

Reactions: shitotaku
Thank you for answering all the questions, now for the other stuff: about checkmate he's the guy just above^ a lot of other members know him even before AS, truthfully i didn't know him (until the time I've joined AS ^_^). Well life in japan as a hentai world would be really chaos. i think everyone will agree on that one. "You can't mix 2D and 3D"

You did your best congratulations! and again thanks.

Happy to. Thanks for your interest.

This is the first Anime related forum I have ever posted at. The forums I frequent are usually game related. So I never met Checkmate or anyone else interested in anime for that matter. I look forward to getting to know you all though. :-)

Don't worry you'll get along with us just fine! just keep posting and interact with us and we'll do the rest.

Welcome to A-S, ChewToy.
I hope we have lots of fun together here.

Well, it has been four months now. I am happy to report that I am still here and am still thoroughly enjoying my stay. In fact I find myself often forgetting to go to the old sites I frequented before my arrival here. lol.

So it turns out you were all correct.
Alexsdu said "I hope we have lots of fun together here. ". I am having lots of fun indeed.

Shitotaku said "Don't worry you'll get along with us just fine! just keep posting and interact with us and we'll do the rest. ". It is true that I have found nothing but patients and friendship since my arrival.

ShadowlockIV said "I know you'll fit in. I'll see ya around the forum!" and sure enough, even though I had my doubts at first I do feel now like I found a place where I am accepted without being judged.

Checkmate said "Welcome to AS and wow, you're 40 years old. I guess time sure fly fast" and yep, I'm still old. oh well :-P

The point is, after four months I feel like I belong and that is thanks to those that have helped and welcomed me. I want to say thank you. :-)

Hey there ChewToy. I thought you were a new member when I saw the last post here you have been here for four months. Wow. That's way ahead of me. Well I hope you enjoy your stay and always have fun on this site.

Cheers. :D

Hi there, welcome to ASF,
nice step that you have decidet to itroduce youself^^, i wish you mch fun, see yaa arround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.