Hi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylarkfinch

Sep 2, 2015
Hey everyone! I apologize in advance for my long introduction...

Though I've been on the forum for a few months now, I haven't been active in the community yet until recently. I've been yearning for people to talk about visual novels with since it's such a niche video game genre here in the US. I've finished some visual novels but I have 100000x more that I have to try and finish... All of you are so nice from what I've observed so I hope to have many discussions and make friends in the future! ^^

I first got into visual novels through otome games. My first foray in dating simulation-like games was the Harvest Moon series back from 10+ years ago. From the male protagonist games, I transitioned into the female protagonist games and I consider Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life my first otome game (it's debatable whether the game can be considered a pure otome but since it has marriage/children/guys to pursue, the game has very similar motives and mechanics). Since then, I've enjoyed visual novels of many genres though otome games still hold a special place in my heart (18+ and all ages).

My favorite sub genre is probably BL games since I find the protagonists of those to be strong and treated equally compared to otome games and even eroge games where the protagonist is fawned upon. However, many games break the mold and have strong protagonists despite their sub genres so many of my favorite games are ones that I think completely overturn their conventions in some way.

Hotel Dusk is my favorite visual novel because I love all the individual stories that come together, I love how I could hear the voices of the characters without voice actors (the dialogue was just that good), and I love Kyle Hyde the protagonist. Mature settings are great for me (I don't prefer the traditional high school setting *usually*) and a good story is my number one priority in a visual novel. My secondary priority is good characters (I must love at least one or two in the visual novel) and my tertiary priority is romance. Although I'm a grown woman now, there's still a little girl inside of me who squees whenever there's good romance >.>

Okay that about covers it! It's great to meet all of you and be active on this site so please feel free to send me a PM to just discuss things! Or you can reply to my introduction thread and I'll respond when I can. Thanks everyone for reading!

Aaaah, I see...

Anyway...

Well, welcome to our little nice corner called ASF, Skylarkfinch!

Have a lot fun with the stuff of here, and enjoy your free time also with us, okay^_^?

Reactions: skylarkfinch
Wait wait wait,is this really real?A guy who likes otome+otoge+BL genre? Are you possibly my fated best friend that I've been searching for?!

Lol,I am very surprised!And thats an amazing intro there,welcome and please drop by spam at lpw or something cause i really want to get along:goodtea:

We could talk a lot of things Im really sure of it xD!!

Thank you for the nice replies!!! ^^

I'm actually a girl ahaha XD But I'm sure we'll find a guy who is into these games someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this game? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause the game can't interactive with anything.