Hey Kids! Duck Old Person Incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digritz

Dec 21, 2017
Hello Kids.....

As stated I am fortunately/unfortunately old, 50+ is all I will admit too. I blindly believed all the anime I watched as a kid back in the late 60's and 70's. I thought by now that I would be an immortal cyborg with a talking animal sidekick fighting intergalactic evil nerdowells. Reality worked out a bit differently.

Frankly I'm still a bit disappointed that my talking animal sidekick has no super powers, does nothing but ask for crackers, insults me and has a serious issue with anything other then her sitting on or near my head. The latter of which has seen many costly gaming headphone cables/earbuds neutered. RIP Shure. :@

Don't feel too bad for me as I have had a lot of fun in my life. I choose fun over responsibility and have had a lot of it. I have traveled at least over half the planet, I mountain bike, ski, (board now... take care of your knees), dive/SCUBA and my biggest enjoyment private pilot. It's not all roses as I have more titanium then the cockpit of the space shuttle holding a few things together. But nothing is as long lived as my love of anime.

I have been a member of anime/gaming PC groups since before 56k modems and BBB's were a thing. Going so far as helping run a very small server farm ran out of what was basically a high tech barn in the late 70's. Mostly cleaning dust.....lots and lots of dust. All just to have a bit of space on it for my love and interest of anime. The problem is I seem to outlast them all.......ok it's not really a problem now that I think about it. My last site I was a part, Anime Take, sadly ended a few years back. RIP AT.

Although I still have a few friends from all those sites it goes without saying that I have lost many more. So, at times, I tend to avoid this kind of thing. But as I said in the beginning I'm old and as my memory goes I lose the memories of those friends and experiences that have helped keep my love of anime so strong for well over 45 years and my only choice is to keep making more. Plus I have lurked here far too long with out a proper introduction so........

Bows........ My name is digritz, (for those that it looks familiar, yes it's inspired by slippery jim), I hope we get along and please take good care of me.

Here's hoping the Anime-Sharing :shinies: outlasts me :dead:.

Hello [MENTION=157533]digritz[/MENTION]; Welcome to ASF.

I too have lost a lot of friends over the course of all these years. But I’m sticking around for now so that when my friends decide to return, they’ll have a place to return to.

Have fun!

Hi! [MENTION=157533]digritz[/MENTION];. Nice to meet you.
Welcome to ASF!

hello oldtimer. be assured you're not the only dinosawr. me is 50+ too, with a brain still flashing (rolling stones) like it was when we were young
anime is timeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha