Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
Hello I'm Perplexing. And I'm too old to be watching anime :P

I'm 33 years old and a father of two boys (with a third child on the way). I've been a fan of anime for over half of my life now. I was buying titles on VHS back when I first got into anime. :D

For the most part I enjoy a title or two from almost every genre of anime out there, however I prefer school life, drama, ecchi, romance, psychological, horror.

I don't particularly care much for mahou shoujo or mechas but i have found some to be rather enjoyable. I'm not a big fan of the more well known or mainstream animes such as Naruto or One Piece but I do enjoy Bleach although since episode 310 (season 14) I just can't seem to bring myself to watch it anymore.

I'm also not a fan of hentai. I've seen a few titles but I just don't care for them at all. Ecchi is enough for my tastes :P

I'm looking forward to being a member here and I am glad I found this place through a link of one of the groups of fansubbers I follow. :)

Heeey, welcome to this friendly lil' portal of (at times) insanity!
We're looking forward to see you around.

^ My Evil Twin! ZOMG GASP :/

Hello, is nice to see another person using Saber as their Avatar, I'm the official Saber-con of this forum so far, maybe you can join my rank xD?

Welcome and have a lot of fun! Do drop by the spam section to meet us all! I look forward to seeing you there for a chat ^^ ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to AS, Perplexing, and thanks for making me feel young. :P

^ My Evil Twin! ZOMG GASP :/

Hello, is nice to see another person using Saber as their Avatar, I'm the official Saber-con of this forum so far, maybe you can join my rank xD?

Welcome and have a lot of fun! Do drop by the spam section to meet us all! I look forward to seeing you there for a chat ^^ ;)

Yeah who needs Tosaka Rin when you have Saber :D

Reactions: KingArturia
Welcome to ASF, Perplexing.
Someone will come with a long few list of questionnaire for you to answer, so that we could get to know you more.

Come to the Spam Section, that's where most the actions are.

*Finally! Someone with the same age as mine('79). Now I don't felt too old anymore among y'all kids. :P

*Finally! Someone with the same age as mine('79). Now I don't felt too old anymore among y'all kids.

SERIOUSLY?

How come I always thought you were 19 or 20, hauu~

well I feel so young now (24), and "it's good to be young" ~

And welcome to ASF, Perplexing ~

welcome to ASF, perplexing! You must be one of the few guys here who's not into the h stuff. xD And yeah, I feel even more younger now. xD (clue: am not older than check). Alexsdu, I didnt know that too. xD

@ Checkmate & Pinky - that coz I'm young at heart and mind, even thou my body continue moving forward, like the time itself. :P

oh hello there.. ~ sorry for the late inquiries~ ..

nice to meet you..

interview?

:059: Hi!~ Feel free to mingle with us. a short intro remains short not unless expanded XD just for a quick interview:

Q. How did you come up with that username?
Q. Are you Male or Female?
Q. What are the anime/s you're watching now? and what are you favorites?
Q. Do you have a favorite anime character? if yes who is your favorite anime character?
Q. What kind of music do you listen to?
Q. What are your favorite songs?
Q. How did you find AS?
Q. Do you play Visual novels? or what kind of games do you play?
Q. What are your hobbies?
Q. What kind of stuff do you like?
Q. Are you a student?
Q. How old are you?
Q. What are your favorite foods?
Q. What Languages do you speak?
Q. What's your current relationship status
Q. Do you know how to read/write Japanese?
Q. What's your opinion between the differences of Cartoons and Anime?

if you got any questions/comments/suggestions feel free to do so, we'd do the best we can answer all of them. hopefully this breaks the barrier :) be active , keep posting and enjoy your stay.

See ya :967339c1:

.... ... ... . ~

Q. How did you come up with that username?

Years ago I lived an alternative lifestyle (Goth) during my high school days. One of my fave teachers used to always tell me that I perplexed her. Fast forward a couple of years later when I got the internet (back in the dial up days) I created a yahoo email with perplexing as part of the name.

Fast forward a few more years, I registered on BBT (then boxtorrents) and during the process of doing so I shorten my name I used for my email account to perplexing because my name was too long. Since then any site I join that is Asian related (movies, music, anime etc.) I've used this nick for them.

So if you are on any other sites and you see someone named Perplexing the odds are it's me.

Q. Are you Male or Female?

Male

Q. What are the anime/s you're watching now? and what are you favorites?

Dragon Crisis
Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Yumekui Merry (fave of all I am currently watching)
IS: Infinite Stratos
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hidan no Aria
Hanasaku Iroha

I don't watch currently airing anime usually. I tend to wait for the BluRay releases. As far as favorites go I have way too many to list so I'll name a few of my recent faves,

Kiddy Grade
Ef - A Tale of Melodies
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Zero no Tsukaima (all three seasons, eagerly awaiting a fourth season which I hope they do)
Fate/Stay Night.
Canaan
Claymore (hoping for a continuation)

Q. Do you have a favorite anime character? if yes who is your favorite anime character?

I have a lot characters I enjoy. I can't really say I enjoy one more so than another, however if I had to choose I'd say Saiga from Speed Grapher.

Q. What kind of music do you listen to?

Mainly heavy metal although I listen to a wide variety of genres. Heavy metal being the most listened to of the numerous genres of music out there.

Q. What are your favorite songs?

Don't really have any favorite songs. I have a great number of songs I enjoy immensely but none that I would considered my all time fave.

Q. How did you find AS?

Through a link on Kira-Fansubs website.

Q. Do you play Visual novels? or what kind of games do you play?

No I don't play VNs. If on rare occasions I feel like playing a game I tend to play retro games. Not a big fan of anything after the PS2. And when I play a game it's 99.9% guaranteed to be a rpg

Q. What are your hobbies?

PC building and repair, hiking, playing with my boys especially at parks where they can go on walks and do some minor hiking with me.

Q. What kind of stuff do you like?

I like knowledge on things tech related, being outdoors, watching anime, in fact I rarely ever watch TV or movies (unless they are kid shows which I watch a lot of with my boys) lol

Q. Are you a student?

No.

Q. How old are you?

Too old to be watching anime :P

*Ahem* 33 years old.

Q. What are your favorite foods?

Anything Italian or Mexican.

Q. What Languages do you speak?

Only English.

Q. What's your current relationship status

Married fr almost 9 years now.

Q. Do you know how to read/write Japanese?

No. I keep saying I'm going to learn but I never get around to doing so.

Q. What's your opinion between the differences of Cartoons and Anime?

I think that cartoons are great and in all seriousness I'm thankful for them as they opened up my mind to venture into anime. Anime to me is far superior as it's more real (depending on the show of course) than cartoons. I remember watching Crying Freeman and seeing him kill and thinking to myself "Whoa I didn't see that coming"
I mean seriously G.I. Joe was awesome growing up but those bastards kept coming back again and again. Watching Crying Freeman showed me that not all animation in sugar coated.

Now if only we could get an anime of Looney Tunes :P one episode and Bugs would have them all dead lol.

IS: Infinite Stratos
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hidan no Aria
Hanasaku Iroha

It's quite hard to find someone who has the same taste as me while as old as you :p

Nyaa~ School romance (school girl) is da best! (Imouto too)

Too bad though, you don't play visual novels / eroge :p

**Notes: most of those anime you list is based on an eroge or the visual novel counter part, and it tends to be better than the anime which is aim to promote it

It's quite hard to find someone who has the same taste as me while as old as you :p

Nyaa~ School romance (school girl) is da best! (Imouto too)

Too bad though, you don't play visual novels / eroge :p

**Notes: most of those anime you list is based on an eroge or the visual novel counter part, and it tends to be better than the anime which is aim to promote it

I've played a VN before but it just wasn't something I found interesting truthfully. I've thought about trying them out again but I'm just not sure if I could get into it.

And yeah School Life/ Romance animes are the best in my opinion although I do tend to get tired of the harem aspect they all seem to have mainly because in the anime they never end up with the right girl :P

I suppose a VN has options of making the dumb male lead go with the right girl lol.

Well eroge means you can choose which one you wanna end up.

For example, in Hoshikaka, (Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi), you may choose to end with Madoka (the miko) instead of Ui, and IMO, Madoka has the best ending.

There are more story behind Madoka than the anime counter-part (but ofc, Anime choose to go with Ui... oh well, too many thing is cut in her route and everyone route to keep fit in the first 12 character)

Finally, the sex scene with Madoka is awesome ♥, deal breaker to me. Miko ftw!!!!

Disclaimer: I'm not mikocon~

I hope this is not too personal, but since the questionnaire lack this one question, so I'm gonna ask you:

What do you do for a living?
Also, you said you're from the Midwest. Which state would that be?

I hope this is not too personal, but since the questionnaire lack this one question, so I'm gonna ask you:

What do you do for a living?
Also, you said you're from the Midwest. Which state would that be?

Currently unemployed. When I am working I'm a Machine Operator and or Machinist. I have good deal of experience in running a variety of machines.

The state of Ohio is where I'm from.

Schizo san is sick but still doing his job going around and interview... So touching =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?