[Japanese] [960607][Illusion] 裏マンション発禁

Tried this myself after Samken's post (though he should've specified the system he tested on)

I used VirtualBox 6.1

Error on Japanese Windows 7/XP/2000 when using GAME.exe (most likely won't run)

Virtual-Box-VM-DSJ1-EWE7ew.png

Error on Japanese Windows ME when using GAME.exe

ME-eror.png

Mansion (error)
No disc is set in drive 0, or the disc is protected or unformatted. Remove the protection or insert a formatted disc or data disc.

If I click yes:

ME-error-after-yes.png

Mansion (error)
No discs are loaded in the drive, or the discs are protected or unformatted. Exit this application.

(The translations are MTL)

By any chance, do we need to input something into GAME2.exe?

Virtual-Box-VM-QKej-Jp-Ap-GF.png

Reactions: Samken
An anonymous user has confirmed that this game runs on Windows 95 with VirtualBox 6.1.
Said user noted that this game cannot be started unless you mount a blank floppy in the floppy disk drive. [MENTION=80141]Samken[/MENTION];

I followed the floppy advice myself and was able to get the game working on Japanese ME (and tried 95 too)

image.png

Virtual-Box-VM-l2-OBKii2-Xu.png

Virtual-Box-VM-zz-NK1n0-V8-I.png
Also, if you look at the PC98 screenshots from VNDB (https://s2.vndb.org/sf/31/30031.jpg), it seems the textbox isn't included in the Windows version (http://oldgamehome.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-3717.html?sp). So the Windows release is mostly just listening to audio and looking at pictures.

On both Windows 95 and ME, I sometimes experienced lag after pressing the arrow on the bottom right or choosing one of the options from the list (lag as in my cursor went from being an arrow to an hourglass).

*If you're using VirtualBox, Daemon Tools isn't needed for this one. Devices -> Optical Drives -> Choose a disk file... -> URA.cue [this will mount the game]
**For the floppy image: Devices -> Floppy Drives -> Choose/create a disk image -> Create -> Set file path (I used default path), pick a size (I did 1.44M), and I had format disk as FAT12 checked [Once created, attach it]

Reactions: gyho and Samken

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3