NDS RPG Suggestion?

Ignis

Administrator
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
So yeah, I need a new NDS RPG to play. Preferably an isoteric turn-based RPG, where you move your units on grids, choose attacks, etc. Something similar to Luminous Arc series (while waiting for LA3 to be translated) or Disgaea.

I have only played a few games on the DS, so feel free to suggest anything. Would be appreciated. :) (oh also please give some grounds to your recommendations)

Suikoden Tierkreis
one of the suikoden series. I have played the game myself... and i think its quite fun and challenging...
Especially when you're going to collect all 108 SoD :)

Hmm, looks neat. Seeing its battle screenshots somehow made me think of Grandia II lol.
Thanks, will keep in mind and get it when I actually can. Still open to any other suggestions btw.

I want my Advance Wars for 3DS!! And maybe a new Fire Emblem :3

Advance Wars, SRW theres so many lol

I'm buying the DSi XL to play the frontier games... hohoho.

If you like to grind like mad
Dragon Quest series- I've always had great fun with this series, but never had the motivation to get 100% .
Turn based battles
Etrian Odyssey series- Another grinding one, party making and skill managing is important for this one.
Turn based battles

One more week and Rune Factory 3 is out... it actually counts as a RPG.

Waiting for RF and hopes to finish it before Golden Sun:dark dawn comes out.

Advance Wars series don't count as RPG do they?
SRW, somehow never been a fan...
Fire Emblem, if there's a new one I'll take a look, though I'm not exactly a fan outside of 6, 7, and 8.
Dragon Quest series somewhat stopped appealing to me. I think the only one I enjoyed like hell is the second and third installments on the GBC.
Etrian Odyssey looks nice, Atlus eh? I've always had a thing for many Atlus games. Will check this out, thanks.
Rune Factory 3, lol though I don't really fancy Harvest Moon but I'll give it a try...
Golden Sun 3, will give it a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far~

@iggy - Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles Ring of Fates
Etrian Odyssey II Heroes of Lagaard
Knights in the Nightmare

not quite bad bunch of games, i am a big fire emblem fan too

You should try Devil Survivor. It's one of the best DS games, at least for me.

Actually, it's not turn-based since you move depending of your speed, but it is a good strategy RPG and you will probably like it because it is from Atlus too. =P

Btw, Fire Emblem is awesome. ^^

lol I haven't taken a glance at this thread for a while.

FFCC - played already, stopped midway, maybe I've just had it enough with FF
Etrian Odyssey II - not a fan of dungeon crawling, ergo all EO series
Knights in the Nightmare - played already, I know it looks awesome like a merge of Yggdra and Riviera but the battle system is... >.<
SMTDS - played already
FE Shadow Dragon - played already, stopped midway, never been a fan of FE :s
FFTA2 - played already, stopped midway *points at the line above about FF*

Just finished replaying Luminous Arc actually, I just need something to keep me entertained till Radiant Historia comes out :s
Was playing SMT Strange Journey before that; the story is awesome but since it's dungeon crawling so...

Maybe replay some games and set a limit/restriction :p

have you tried the ones suggested on the chatbox?

Try playing The World Ends With You then. It has no convetional gameplay, but it is one of the best games for DS IMO. The story is amazing and i think that the gameplay is really good.

Btw, FFTA2 was not as good as the 1st one. It didn't have the "charm" that FFTA had (IMO of course). xP

Even if Advance Wars is not a RPG, I think you should give it a try (if you haven't) and is SMTDS that good? haven't played it yet >_>

Currently waiting for Luminous Arc 3 USA release, hope they finish it soon ._.

Maybe replay some games and set a limit/restriction :p
Yea, I actually was about to replay LA2 again after I finished LA1 :p

have you tried the ones suggested on the chatbox?
*nods* I ended up postponing most though, I guess it's just a bad habit of mine lol. Will get back to Drone Tactics one day though. Heroes Saga Laevateinn Tactics is quite good btw, playing it atm. Apparently I got turned off and put my judgement too early back then.

Try playing The World Ends With You then. It has no convetional gameplay, but it is one of the best games for DS IMO. The story is amazing and i think that the gameplay is really good.
Tried, but I don't like that kind of gameplay .-.

<- JRPG fag, mainly for isoteric strategy RPG

Btw, FFTA2 was not as good as the 1st one. It didn't have the "charm" that FFTA had (IMO of course). xP
I agree. And graphics-wise, though it clearly has much better effects and stuff, the artwork kinda irks me... also just like FFTA, I'm not a fan of sprites with stepping animation. I prefer sprites like in LA.

Even if Advance Wars is not a RPG, I think you should give it a try (if you haven't)
I have, but just kinda got bored I guess? :s The two games on the GBA got me hooked though, even in creating maps and stuff...

and is SMTDS that good? haven't played it yet >_>
Story and character developments are good, though I personally prefer SMT Strange Journey - the characters are more realistic and the story feels like a movie (I'd really love to see it being made a movie). Not exactly a fan of the gameplay of both games though; demon summoning and combining is exciting but not as much the battle and field system.

Currently waiting for Luminous Arc 3 USA release, hope they finish it soon ._.
I know right .-.

Considering playing Rhapsody remake on the DS now. XD

What do you mean by "go out" there?

Sadly, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn failed to interest me...

And since I don't think I'll get really hooked to DQVI like how DQIX hooked me, I guess I'll just wait for Radiant Historia that should be released today.

DQ6: currently getting my slime knight beefed up to challenge the slime arena and increasing Milly's style to get the carpet.

Radiant Historia: Need to grind abit, been Vanishing my way for story and now at both histories unable to pass boss

try DSA1 - DSA3, it is part of project alchemist that released at DS,,

(DSA1) Atelier Lise ~The Alchemist of O'ldor
(DSA2) Atelier Annie ~Alchemists of Sera Island
(DSA3) Atelier Lina ~The Alchemist of Strahl

play at this order, as the main char at DSA1 is cameo at DSA2 which means the event take place at DSA2 is the later,,

btw, A1-A10 available at PS2, and A11-A13 available at PS3 (tho' A13 is working tittle),,

[-_-]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Explore elegance with Anemoii's women's moissanite pendant necklace sets, meticulously crafted to perfection. Shop our collection to discover timeless beauty at competitive prices. Elevate your style with the perfect blend of luxury and affordability.
Ruri wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload for mexashare both MP3 only and Full-Version of RJ301587? Thank you!
Link
ann10 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello could you re-upload the english version of 春に生きれば (Haru ni Ikireba) ? https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/190525-snow-ground-春に生きれば-v21-08-30.1196982/

Thanks
Otakutaku wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would you please reupload this? Thank you for all of your effort, kind Ryzen111-sama.