bbseno

Trusted Member
Dec 16, 2012
here it is, my first digital drawing
code-attack-01_zpsfe343e2a.jpg

Now then, I can't help but want to rant abit, hear me out

many moons ago, I aspired to draw those awesome CGs, but never knew how
decided to get photoshop
yay, installed it, opened it, but what do I do next?
I didn't even know where to start, manual were confusing, my drawing look like a 10 yrs old's
uninstall photoshop
yea, I knew jack shit about photoshop
:raging:

after sometime, gave photoshop another try
learned to fix photos abit , mainly cropping
drawings still look like a 10 yrs old's
uninstall photoshop
yea, I still knew jack shit about photoshop

bought a graphic tablet
yea ! finally, time to get serious
drawing still look like a 10 yrs old's
color CG is no different from microsoft paint
uninstall tablet
I know, I knew jack shit about digital drawing

finally, today, lurking around tutorials on the net
found the right stuff
at last, I could draw something decent
my graphic tablet finally found some use after 1 year of eating dust
:loudverdict:

still, it's my first try
something i drew in 10 minutes on paper took 4 hours on the computer
finished product is not that good, hell, I didn't even know to resize the canvas
but it's a good start :learning:

I like Paint Tool SAI for digital drawing. Maybe you should try it too?

I always enjoy the mecha-hands concept.

Kind of funny how you always responded with uninstallation. :P

my problem was that i didn't know the proper steps to digital painting
SAI and photoshop may differ but the process and main feature as far as digital drawing is concerned are the same

though, I'm using Manga Studio 5
feels more friendly to painters, like SAI, but with some slick additional features

Lol hmm i guess you probably need to learn more about the tools? ;p Im poking photoshop atm and have no idea how to use it =w= Well other than the basics xD

Lol hmm i guess you probably need to learn more about the tools? ;p Im poking photoshop atm and have no idea how to use it =w= Well other than the basics xD

Same thing with me on Paint Tool SAI. I only know the basics, open new file, draw on and add layers for adjusting.

@ bbseno

Very nice drawing and coloring.
I got Manga studio EX 4..but has no idea how to work it beside open file and draw on...
Didn't know you can color it too..must look more into it ^_^

Same thing with me on Paint Tool SAI. I only know the basics, open new file, draw on and add layers for adjusting.

@ bbseno

Very nice drawing and coloring.
I got Manga studio EX 4..but has no idea how to work it beside open file and draw on...
Didn't know you can color it too..must look more into it ^_^

did you get the start up manual?
I suggest first upgrade to M.S 5 , it has much better drawing/coloring tools
the manual there is INCREDIBLY helpful, best manual ever on a software like this, easy, beginner friendly and useful. It practicaly teaches you to draw and color while taking you through the tools.
i strongly suggest you to read through it if you're starting, even if you don't use the software
:shinies:

you can download it from their website
there are more guides, haven't read them all yet but i do plan to soon.:robot:

Last edited:
Yeah reading the manual helps a bit, or watch tutorials on Youtube. Doing and trying is by far the best teacher though.

In SAI, most of the tools are actually the same, just with different settings (that you can adjust yourself). People tend to like SAI more for the drawing aspect, and PS for finishing touches (and some like PS better for painting).

did you get the start up manual?
I suggest first upgrade to M.S 5 , it has much better drawing/coloring tools
the manual there is INCREDIBLY helpful, best manual ever on a software like this, easy, beginner friendly and useful. It practicaly teaches you to draw and color while taking you through the tools.
i strongly suggest you to read through it if you're starting, even if you don't use the software
:shinies:

you can download it from their website
there are more guides, haven't read them all yet but i do plan to soon.:robot:

Start up manual? I dont know never check them....

I know Manga Studio EX 4 wasn't friendly to new users(me xD). I only bought it because it was on sale( 30 dollars :D) with a bonus content pack and other people said it got more stuffs then Manga Studio 4 when Manga Studio 5 wasn't out yet. If MS 5 is friendly to users I might think about it. Lastly, is the upgrading free? If not then, I might just use it for drawing and then color it on Paint Tool SAI. SAI is more friendly to me then Manga Stusio EX 4.

Start up manual? I dont know never check them....

I know Manga Studio EX 4 wasn't friendly to new users(me xD). I only bought it because it was on sale( 30 dollars :D) with a bonus content pack and other people said it got more stuffs then Manga Studio 4 when Manga Studio 5 wasn't out yet. If MS 5 is friendly to users I might think about it. Lastly, is the upgrading free? If not then, I might just use it for drawing and then color it on Paint Tool SAI. SAI is more friendly to me then Manga Stusio EX 4.

-upgrading isn't free
-no it's not more user friendly than ex4. if anything, it's more complex since there're more tools and options
-if you are more comfortable with something like SAI then no need to upgrade really, I have 5 because I want the new toys it brings to the table.
-SAI is a good alternative as well, why don't you do both line art & color on SAI but have to use MS for drawing and SAI for coloring? O.O

-no software was ever user friendly to me, well, at least as far as digital drawing concerned, I was only able to do it because i went through helpful guides and tutorials like a good kid :stress:
Which is why i was so happy that the manual for MS5 was so good

Most program manuals aren't very good. I found SAI to be pretty straightforward though. :)

Most program manuals aren't very good. I found SAI to be pretty straightforward though. :)

yup I also think it too

@bbseno

I see oh well

I do sometime but the problem is I cant get good brush strokes type in SAI then Manga Studio EX 4. Manga Studio EX 4 already have tons of different styles of brush strokes for you to choose at the get go while in SAI, you have to add or make your own.....which.....lead to another problem on my part LOL.

you know
I went around to look at other artist
and I see people making this comment alot
" wow, I'm surprised you made this with photoshop"

what's the deal? it's like asking " wow, you sketched something with a pencil?"

@tabemono
that's quite a pain, lol

Last edited:
you know
I went around to look at other artist
and I see people making this comment alot
" wow, I'm surprised you made this with photoshop"

what's the deal? it's like asking " wow, you sketched something with a pencil?"

Because until you get really used to it, PS can be an ass to work with. It has lots of problems in many versions with making smooth lines and actually following your pen exactly, so drawing can be quite challenging.

dude the fact you're starting on paper is something that will make you better faster think about it----unless you're an expert or get lucky---real easy for digital work to look the same---a lot of people use the same tutorials. but until you can identify your "signature" in the marks made digitally, always good to have traditional base keep at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092