RPG Drawing & Photoshop Contest ~The Quest for the Legendary Chopsticks!~ OPEN

Vote for Your Favorite RPG Drawing/Photoshop Piece!

• bbseno

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • LioNeeZ

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • sayforever

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • michaerum

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Lolitako

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • tabemono3

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • thecoins

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

renano

Little ⁺ I ⁺ Erase
Elite Member
Apr 1, 2012
RPG Drawing & Photoshop Contest ~The Quest for the Legendary Chopsticks!~ [VOTE - POLL OPENED!]

hmms.png

VOTE! POLL NOW OPENED!

You have one week to vote!​

Apology for Absence

Hello dear friends.

I know this thread has been here for quite a while and there is a possibility that no one shall read it. However, I must address this sooner or later.

I would like to thank the people who continued to be supportive even when I was gone. Thank-you is just not enough to convey how I truly feel. It is a mix of disbelief, happiness, and heart-wrenching sadness that people still cared and believed in me.

To those who participated, took the time to come here to just chat a bit, or gave a helping hand… I am deeply, deeply sorry.

My utter lack of responsibility… for not giving a reason or some statement of what has occurred is completely disrespectful and unjustifiable for anyone.

No matter the reason, I am unable to give back the amount of time and effort people placed in this contest. The most I can do is apologize and make it up to everyone in some way.

I will do what I can to not allow something like this to occur again.

My humblest apology and utmost gratitude…

Sincerely,

renano

Hello fellow comrades and let us embark on a new contest!

RPG Drawing & Photoshop Contest ~The Quest for the Legendary Chopsticks!~

RULES

1. All the work must be done by you alone. No outside help from people, animals, plants, or unknown species outside of Earth!

You may use resources or references from websites, books, games, etc. to assist you in drawing or for Photoshop.

2. Draw/Photoshop a character/spirit/familiar/etc. that represents you, an alter ego, or an original in an RPG.

PHOTOSHOP USERS: DON'T CROP YOUR HEAD AND PLACE IT ON A RANDOM SPRITE! USE PHOTOSHOP AS A REAL DESIGN TOOL!

3. Write about your quest for The Legendary Chopsticks!

Talk about your character/spirit/familiar/etc. and his/her/its background. Include anything you want and make it a heroic/devilish story!

ENTRIES

1. Post your entry in this thread and mention renano or the judges.

2. You can submit your entries as either a DRAWING or PHOTOSHOP or a combination of BOTH.

- Drawings/Paintings/Sculptures/Sand Art/Street Art/etc.
- Photoshop, GIMP, SAI, Corel Paint, MS Paint, Vegas, Windows Movie Maker, etc.

Leeway for those who do not have or does not like Photoshop. Yes! You can use Video Editing Programs!

3. You can change your entry anytime before the deadline.

WHAT THE WINNER and RUNNER-UPS GET

REAL PRIZES

The first place winner shall receive bragging rights... and a $20 Amazon Gift Card! He/she will receive an original sketch by renano and the signature/banner.

Prize may change during the course of the contest.

RUNNER-UPS

Runner-ups receive original sketches by renano, a signature/banner with their name and placement in the contest... and 'something else'.

Prizes shall vary.

VIRTUAL PRIZES

The winner shall receive a whopping amount of cold hard cash, a race-car, and fresh squeezed orange juice while sitting on their yacht in the sea of their name. And a glomp! <3

LOSER

VIRTUALLY SPEAKING

The losers must be used as chairs and be sat upon until they feel like chopping off their own legs. And die! >:3

JUDGES

1. FinalPyre
2. samyeung46
3. Will98

The judges will view the work, see if they followed the rules, and decide the ones they like best. Their votes will be tallied together with the other voters.

JUDGES' FREEWAY

No technicalities. They will submit a critique about each entry. How they write and judge is up to them. Nyaa~

JUDGES' EVALUATION

VOTES

1. Those who participated cannot vote for their own work.

2. Only AS members can vote.

3. A poll will be opened after all entries are in and closed within a set date.

DEADLINE

OFFICIALLY CLOSED. POLL OPEN! VOTE NOW!

April 21, 2013

If you wish to participate by the time the deadline approaches, we'll extend it for one more week. That's it... No longer than that!

CONTESTANTS

1. bbseno
2. LioNeez
3. sayforever
4. michaerum
5. Lolitako
6. tabemono3
7. thecoins

CONTESTANTS' ENTRIES

got abit lazy so the panels are quite rushed, oh well, did it for fun anyway.:runhappy:

The-Quest-For-the-LEgendery-Chopsticks-by-LioNeeZ_zpse91709db.gif
For those who didn't manage to read:
Hello my name is LioNeeZ and this is my tale...
long ago before everyone where born there was a tale...
of a chopstick soo powerfull, you could use it to eat ANYTHING!
so the next morning I went for the Forbidden tower.
The journy was really short, but I managed to get there.... SAFE!
But as I slowly opened the door, A sudden chill of horror passed by...
Yes...
someone allready ate with those chopsticks :crushed:
The end.

Note: P.S. Why a girl character when I'm a male. I reimagined myself as a girl and this just came out. Just like when Arthur Pendragon was reimagined in Fate/Stay Night as a girl. Created it via photoshop a

Name: Elise Gunvalor

Job: Pilot/Swordsmen - AH Type

elisegunvalor.jpg

Profile:
An air-headed but is a talented pilot and swordswoman. She loved the legendary chopsticks her grandpa gave her when she was -1 year old(Yeah, that's right, when she was negative 1 year old).

Town: Mirage Gate Town

Story(Most of this is a joke, so bear with it. I don't have any talent creating stories. Tee hee.):
One day, as she was eating her favorite natto in her favorite red bowl and the legendary chopsticks her granpa gave her, she dropped her chopsticks on the floor as they were put under the table. Being an absolute air head and didn't thought of looking under the table, she used her mobile suit and traveled across the whole land of Mirage Gate to look for it. And that's how, ahemmm, here pointless journey began for the search of the legendary chopsticks.​

This is one I made on my free time at work. Since I don't have proper drawing materials here, I just used photoshop (yes its not vector), and although its not a full character graphic, I want to submit it anyway. I may improve it when I have time so you can consider this a teaser XD. A part of me wants to keep its simple style though.

nirrelle_zps4ed78053.jpg

Nirrelle is actually a representation of someone I lost iRL. She is part of a few other characters I made for a small personal RPG (made using RPG maker), though I haven't had time to continue it.

She "saved" me from a lot of things in my dark past. Nirrelle here has the ability to conjure a blade from her heart when she remembers dark and painful events of the past.

She is slowly getting consumed by the darkness and to stop this, so she set her eyes on various relics in hope to relieve herself from this darkening. One such relic was the legendary chopsticks. These chopsticks, previously owned by demonic cults, were made from part mythical beasts and part compressed human bones.

What were these for? They were used to eat souls or to transfer power and abilities.

Would these chopsticks be able to remove the darkening?​

Okay here's my entry

2rekB

okay my name is Haruka Temawari i am now doing on a research on a holy chopstick said can be vanquished all evil food on the earth
the story begins when i was cooking and suddenly a spirit came out from the food and told me to search this chopstick before it falls to the wrong hand and when i was about to take the chopstick someone surprise me
*gaps* its was evil king of all food so i had to use all my magic food to defeat him but it has no effect and suddenly the chopstick started to shinning and give me the ultimate power
so i slash the evil king and come back home after that i am granted with the title "Queen of the chopstick"
-THE END-

Well it was random story :XD:

my drawing for the contest....i'm going somewhere and wont have time to finish it..........T__T

Dragon quest was the very first game I've played and it is what introduced me into rpg genre.
The scene I drew was a .....what if situation....with the main casts(hero, warrior, sorceress and priest) battling through to the final boss and the boss decided to troll them instead: from ramen to baby to fighting chopstick and lover chopstick and so on.

Hmm my entry...

wXyLrYB.png
hmm... any idea for his name?
He is son of a rich CEO. He is rich (well he isn't, but his father is), handsome, and smart. There is one thing that peoples don't know about him. He is a chopstick maniac. Some of his collections are: Normal Chopstick, Pokemon Chopstick, Invisible Chopstic, Gundam Chopstick, Alien Chopstick, Electronic Chopstick, and many more. Even so, he isn't satisfied yet.

Then one day his information source (no it isn't 4chan) told him about a legendary chopstick. The source said that the chopstick is hidden somewhere in Guyana. After that, he gathered all of his bodyguard, and went to Guyana

I want to add some more picture. but it's already the deadline...​

OMAKE

the sword in the

stone thing kind of made me do this..

legend.png

next time: legendary chopstick showdown

with a loli boss revealed!!!!
(lie)

sorry it's not an entry, though.. the random

atmosphere just invited me to post this~​

BANNERS

Here are free banners to advertise.

More will be added later~

By renano:

uhhz.png

pleasezy.png

NOTE

renano will not join the contest. She might not be here often during the competition, but if you have any questions or need advice/help/critique you can:

1. Wait for renano to reply (Depending on her schedule, she might not reply in time.)

2. Ask the other people participating, previous participants, or the judges.

3. Solve it yourself or give a woot to the nearest person in real life or online.

DISCLAIMER

We are not responsible for any injuries, mishaps, or stolen work that may occur. If you are hosed down, groped, viciously stabbed with a bunny knife, or eaten by giant mutant red ants in any way, please be rest assured that we will run away and never come back. Please have fun and let there be light! And chopsticks!

[MENTION=29956]2Dheeey[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28232]AErik-kun[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30590]Aew[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=36528]aexiel[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27362]Dear AG[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28113]AK-22B[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28059]Ak5shays[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30161]alesao[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27785]Alice Rei[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=2087]Alpha_stigma[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27006]Angelus knight[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26539]AnimalBear[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=9628]Arylin[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29577]ayumu9[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=35742]Baal[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=11276]Baka[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=31210]BetterPlace[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=16251]Blacktoken[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27460]Bloodhorn[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30497]ChiharuHanayagi[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29650]Crystal_king[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29458]cyberhood[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=43398]Daeyamati[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=24017]dannyh[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25286]Dante1712[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29784]dark5[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27120]DavRoc777[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=8967]deathwarrior[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28509]defqon1[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30649]DL Zandorf Rahamasch[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=13267]dreamer197[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28243]egozi44[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27374]eien[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29917]eighThdream[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=13241]Ein[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27287]Ellie_kitty101[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27986]Eucliwood[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28568]Exaelia[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10372]ExtremeShinobi[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=19454]Fall[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=16554]Famichip[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25460]fastdj2004[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=41294]Fear211[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30111]firedmn[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=3632]Flareknife[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=31965]Flopp94[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=20225]Franela[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30562]fr0zendrgn[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27322]Furukawa Kei[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27363]GenjoSenpai[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28499]Gero50[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30425]givigivi[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27404]Guan Yunchang[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28913]HappyPeppyJimmy[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=16583]hayate akihisa[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27360]Himeyuri[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=38786]Hinode[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27773]iamdiva86[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=11241]ImEsAu[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=40801]infamous[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28674]iTsAParadox[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=24179]IwantPedobearToo[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28114]izmenanda[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25939]japespszx[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=16592]jikannouse[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30454]JovianSH[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27586]juudith[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29664]Kaboos15[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10115]kactaplb[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30099]Kalimaman[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26209]kami-onii-chan[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30383]kaotiksoul[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=8663]kasumi-chan[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10809]Keima[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14553]kenshin himura[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=37032]Keisuke Kurogami[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14327]kimovis[/MENTION]; [MENTION=28409]King of Heroes[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26533]Kionea[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29319]Kiririn[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14400]kona[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=12156]Kotoura[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10496]Kuki[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=40814]Kuro Yuki[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28690]laurel88[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14493]Legend[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28609]lewhatton[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27874]lintox[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28603]Loki[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=13464]lpdcomic[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=13039]MadSova[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=43226]Magicbjorn[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=31150]MafooZala[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30226]mater[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29913]Mato[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28701]Mental1ty[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28389]MeTanTei[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29751]MF Azral[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29821]mill[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27026]Mixxie[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=38897]Mizu-chan[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=33968]Monjster[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28151]mr.arc[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=43545]MrTwitch[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28672]musangbeku[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=5445]nawi[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=41434]Nazaka[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28231]NeahThe14th[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10379]Neko[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29]Neo-Exile[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28760]newguy[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30548]nexus[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=6030]nr345[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29827]ogikumo[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28443]oomega[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28459]otome-lover[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26148]perrypig123[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30264]Prettycoolguy[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29616]raiderx[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26445]Ralium[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27956]Random2[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28442]Ras[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29743]RaymanX11[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29242]retrion[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=23555]Ruri[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27188]SainTPrimE[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=4451]sarnagon[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27470]sasake[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=3160]sayforever[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28518]scorpions[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=7722]Second_Flight[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27148]selgon1234[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28026]Selvaria Bles[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14085]Sendoh08[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=13840]ShadowStorm666[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25637]Silky Heart[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=41987]Sintarow[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=4859]Snowkitteh[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27456]SparkNorkx[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=43274]SSJCyberSonic[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30017]stardice[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30884]sugri[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30340]Super[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=15769]sunflower[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28281]TeenieBikini[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30532]Tentacle Bandit[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30579]Terereian[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27446]testers[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=41523]Tsubame-San[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28886]Tsuminyan[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26184]Tsuwa[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27546]TTADPL[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=17416]unidecimo[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28039]vampire-queen[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28663]veinster[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10870]Vietx2k[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=25619]vittusk[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=12138]wantei[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28528]wess666[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=23970]x-Shiki-x[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30305]xavor[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30630]xX-AmV_BeAtS-Xx[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=82]xyzapy[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=30315]yagami[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=19764]Yandere[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=27795]Yonaka[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=26841]zZJoennZz[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=39264]❤Hanako❤[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=41391]♥ Sky[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=28524]のぞみ[/MENTION] ;

More people will be added later~ ;3​

Last edited:
This sounds amazing.... But god are my are my art skills lack luster.
I can spin a tale and enchant you for an entire eve...but ask me to draw ummm... :(
(Changes subject)
LOOK A BUNNY!!! Runs off after the bunny!!

We are not responsible for any injuries, mishaps, or stolen work that may occur. If you are hosed down, groped, viciously stabbed with a bunny knife, or eaten by giant mutant red ants in any way, please be rest assured that we will run away and never come back.

Thank you, that one made my day xD

Ehh? It was just a random comment D: You dont have to change anything... I was going to have an omake since i was going to be turning a friend into a SAO character so it wasnt me and yeah... dont need to change for me...

Well it is somewhat late where you are isnt it?... Should sleep if you need it~

I thought I should give people more options. >.<

The past few days have been rough especially today.

Nine hours of babysitting those 'angels'. @_@

Umm... if you wish then i guess you can~ I do think that people would be more likely to not draw themselves though ;p Original is probably easier~

Ahh... so thats what you were doing >< Going to have any freedom anytime soon?...

Reactions: efudgewayne
The eldest son was fine, but the little girl was... 'fine'? xD

They all have ups and downs, but the girl is smarter. The boy is five years old and can't tell time or knows 5 + 2 = 7. *_*

---

More people like originals... More freedom.

Brief Diary: Tried to sleep more, mother's doctor appointment, snowstorm, headaches/migraines, and making drafts of the contest

Lol yeah... they might draw themselves i suppose? But who knows~ Might just call it an original in the end xD

Oh wow... youre as busy as always @_@ Headaches and migraines?

I should have more free time in a few more days. Shoveling later in the afternoon. >_>

Migraines are the ones that throb/pulsate and can last for hours up to days.

Ahh ok then~ Few more days~ Shoveling? Its winter there? Or still snowing anyway?

Hmm... are they a daily thing?... Sounds a lot like what someone else i know has...

Yep~ Just had another snowstorm. I can see the untouched snow outside my window waiting to be pulverized by my shovel. xD

The migraines happen about once in awhile... only when I am really stressed, tired, and overwork myself. Happens about 3 times a year the most. I try to relax by drinking tea, rest, or people-watch.

Oh wow xD Hmm actually its gotten rainy and cold here as well x.x Tons of sick people... Shoveling sounds like quite a pain though @_@

Oh... x.x Yeah you really should relax...

i would enter, but my drawing skills are pathetic, and i've used photoshop probably under 20 times lol

Same for me, can't paint nor use photoshop. Call me when u make video editting contest :P

@ Sam

But my dear Sam is the sick one now. Please do rest or we can try to make you laugh with our rambunctious chitchat! :3

I like the snow, but my hands go numb from the cold after 2 hours of shoveling. I shovel away though since I can't feel anything anymore. Lol~

@ infamous

Have you seen the previous contests?

Most of them are sketches or doodles. Just submit whatever you like. Do your best and show your personality. That's all that matters.

@ Monj

We used to have a submission about chopsticks with video entries. He just shot a small video about designing his chopsticks. It was really funny and good.

Last edited:
@monj~ Hmm actually someone did submit a video before x3 So i would say go ahead and try?

@ojou sama~ Hmm im not too sick~ Just a random cough here and there x3 Lol will probably be up for a couple more hours~
And be sure to not get sick yourself from the weather @_@ Numb probably isnt good...

I would love to enter although i know i would lose because im bad at drawing......

Reactions: renano
Hmm our previous ones didnt specify what mediums to be used... pretty sure that video would be fine :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?