P-a-p-e-r-c-r-a-f-t... anyone?

Ame

May 2, 2011
Some months ago I discovered this... papercraft. My immediatley thought was that it was similar to origami (but I never did origami so...).

Well, right now I haven't been making anything... but I did some at that time. Since I decided to share my works, I leave them here:

1. (Chocobo front look)
  2. (Chocobo left side look)
  3. (Tidus)
  4. (Yuna)
  5. (Yuna & Tidus holding hands :P)

Feel free to discuss about it, share your papercraft works (if you have) and try it if you never did. ;)

I really enjoy papercraft. :)

----------------------
Note: Click on a picture to enlarge.

Nice papercraft there. :D I like it. Well I definitely never tried making it before. And with my poor motoric skills, I don't think mine will be that pretty. :P

You can see a couple of "mistakes" (ugly things... like glue and stuff lol) when you look closer. Definitely from a distance it looks ok ^^

It's easier when you have the instructions. It sure helps a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have made the chocobo. :P

that's great papercraft you got there ~ . . .

if you have other works. i would like to see it as well ~ . . .

papekura, how nostalgic,,

i only did one crafting during my univ days, it was my first and last papekura atm,,

believe me, you don't wanna obsessed with "making pepakura" unless you have a lot of free time and patient,
the one i'm doing back then was lunar from seto no hanayome,
it was a 15 cm tall pepakura and require 7 page of A4 paper,,

it will take time when you cropping the piece and glue-ing them is the most difficult,
it take me about 7+ hours to complete it (amateur),
but after that i feel very satisfied, and i put that lunar pepakura in a bottle and put it along with my several PVC,,

---

after that i tried my 2nd one, Hatsuna Miku from vocaloid,
it was supposed a 20cm tall and need 15 A4 paper, but it was too difficult for me and decided to stop making it,,

(the lunar one style is take over from nendo so it is not so detailed, but hatsune miku is take over from actual PVC,
so its part is more detailed as it needs you to use pin-set to do the folding & glue-ing, and cropping it is one of a hell)

[-_-]

that's great papercraft you got there ~ . . .

if you have other works. i would like to see it as well ~ . . .
Sure, when I have more (although I don't know when) I'll post here.

papekura, how nostalgic,,

i only did one crafting during my univ days, it was my first and last papekura atm,,

believe me, you don't wanna obsessed with "making pepakura" unless you have a lot of free time and patient,
the one i'm doing back then was lunar from seto no hanayome,
it was a 15 cm tall pepakura and require 7 page of A4 paper,,

it will take time when you cropping the piece and glue-ing them is the most difficult,
it take me about 7+ hours to complete it (amateur),
but after that i feel very satisfied, and i put that lunar pepakura in a bottle and put it along with my several PVC,,

---

after that i tried my 2nd one, Hatsuna Miku from vocaloid,
it was supposed a 20cm tall and need 15 A4 paper, but it was too difficult for me and decided to stop making it,,

(the lunar one style is take over from nendo so it is not so detailed, but hatsune miku is take over from actual PVC,
so its part is more detailed as it needs you to use pin-set to do the folding & glue-ing, and cropping it is one of a hell)

[-_-]
Well... that seems complicated =S lol

Yeah, you have to be patient and it's probably that you will need to start again because of some mistakes. But you don't need to get all mad lol

It takes some time, especially if you want to do something pretty advanced. Not my case though. I only made easy and small ones.

Yeah, you have to be patient and it's probably that you will need to start again because of some mistakes. But you don't need to get all mad lol

It takes some time, especially if you want to do something pretty advanced. Not my case though. I only made easy and small ones.
lolz, the way i'm writing maybe it a bit too harsh so it looks like i'm mad,
actually i'm pretty happy and proud of my first pepakura (lunar),
at that time i even show it to every people at my apartment neighbourhood,, :D

[-_-]

lolz, the way i'm writing maybe it a bit too harsh so it looks like i'm mad
Oh sorry, I didn't mean that :P

What I was trying to say was that anybody who is trying to do papercraft shouldn't be upset if something goes wrong. You should give another try, because you will learn from it. ;)

Btw, why don't you share your Lunar and Hatsuna Miku with us? :)

okay here is my Lunar,,

My Lunar
2vih99d.jpg

I lost her dog chain,, :P

Original
2j2clk2.jpg

This is the Comparison with my PVC, like i mention before, this Lunar looks like nendoroid styled
2cpe0yv.jpg

Lunar is about 11-12 cm tall,
and like i said before, Lunar was my first and last pepakura,,

for Hatsuna Hatsune Miku, i only printed it out, it is too difficult for me,,
after that i tried my 2nd one, Hatsuna Hatsune Miku from vocaloid,

maybe when i have a long day off i will try to craft it again,, :D

[-_-]

Last edited:
The dog chain went with the dog lool kidding :P

I never tried to do anything of that type. However, I can imagine how hard it is.

It's cool and sure is well protected. ^^

yeah,
i'm "too" afraid to display it without protection, as it was so frafile (only made of 80gr A4 Paper),,

the bottle itself will protect it from dust, so i will not accidently i crushed it when clean it,, :D

The dog chain went with the dog lool kidding
lolz,
if you pay attention, it was only the colar that went with the dog (nagasumi is the dog perhaps),
the chain is still there,, (the green one) :P

[-_-]

I wish I could find my pepakura collection, I'd share it in this thread. This brings back memories ;O
Oh hobby Knife~

Whoa...that's some awesome work you got yourself there.
12 hours just for the head and hair? I can't imagine how long it take to finish the whole thing.

[MENTION=5891]ctmk[/MENTION] Just wondering though, did you made it from some printout, or you made it yourself?
If made by yourself, did you draw and color first or you color it after you made it?

[MENTION=5891]ctmk[/MENTION] Just wondering though, did you made it from some printout, or you made it yourself?
If made by yourself, did you draw and color first or you color it after you made it?

Arg damnit! Double post again!!! Sorry about that, y'all.

Hmm seems quite complicated x.x Im afraid of how much ill procrastinate if i try to do one of these xD

Whoa...that's some awesome work you got yourself there.
12 hours just for the head and hair? I can't imagine how long it take to finish the whole thing.

I print the model's 2d parts with 120 gsm (or above) A4 Paper, coat it with transparent spray paint before cutting them out.

This is a 1 month project, i am working on the twin tail and head gear atm. (well having a rest 1st, 12 hrs assemble cause me neck pain for few days)

usually below are the tools u need:
T2D3GrXllXXXXXXXXX_!!106914372.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.