Let's see what the cat has dragged ini...

redcat

Nyaa~
Elite Member
Sep 28, 2012
Okay, my drawing is not all that good... but I'm still learning.. so... um... please give me a nice pat...? :3
This thread will be updated regularly... (or at least that's what I planned... dunno If I got lazy tomorrow or next week.. ) >_<

1. An old sketch. She's one of my OC
ruby_by_redcat.jpg

I'm still trying to find out how spoiler system work, so I'll just post 1 pic for the first test...

Edit : Okay, I finally managed to hide it in the spoiler...

Last edited:
Lol spoilers are working~

The head seems a bit wide in the middle figure... but its drawn nicely~

Wow, that's not too shabby at all! I think the wideness of the head works somehow though anatomical-wise, the torso seems a tad long. I would also suggest adding something crease lines and folds to the clothes to make them more realistic.

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] : ahahaha.. yeah, the spoiler finally worked (Thank goodness!) :D
and yes, the face is wide, as I was a fan of loli-ish wide-face style (like in anime Kanon, Hidamari Sketch, etc...)

[MENTION=33148]Kasumi[/MENTION] : Thanks for your critics and suggestion. :)
The is torso looks a bit too long, eh? hm... I didn't realize about that. But yeah, perhaps her hand on the rightmost pic gave that impression. It seems I made mistake there... >_<

Okay, here's another ooooold sketch. She's another OC of mine...
CharaDesign_Clara_V2a.jpg

Last edited:
gosh anytime I see another person's drawings it makes me wish I kept drawing x_x I just didn't stick to practicing :f
What other things do you draw?

If you want to change the title, you could ask [MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION] to change it for you~ :P

Very nice drawings indeed. You deserve more than a pat. I'll give you some tummy rubs. D-Don't look at me that way. My cat like it when I gave him tummy rubs.

Honestly, whenever I see people's drawings posted in the Creative Section, make me think twice about posting mine.
It's like a statement - I need a thousand years more to reach you guys/gals level.:sigh:

Hmm i more nice ones~ Are they pencil drawings? xD Seems somewhat like it and somewhat not...

[MENTION=17020]snowangel[/MENTION]angel : yeah, we need a lot of practice - not just talent- to be able to make a decent art...
I don't draw many things actually (well, I can... but will need some references). I do well on loli characters because they're easier to draw than adult woman or man.

[MENTION=7468]Gigatron[/MENTION] : Oh , sensei...your drawing is still much better than mine >_<

[MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION] : mmmm *enjoying the tummy-rub*
Thanks for your encouraging words. :)
I'd like to see your drawing too. It'll never hurt to post one. I believe everyone here can appreciate your art ;)

[MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION] : yeah, maybe because she looks 'tsun-tsun' all the time :3

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] : they're pencil drawing, except Clara's head. A friend of mine was so fond of this character and tried to ink her manually... but stopped midway after just doing the hair, eyes and muffler :3

Inking manually is hard, especially if you don't have a steady hand. I tried and proved it my self. Below you can see how bad I was at a manual inking attempt... >_<
(nevermind about the text.. it's in Bahasa Indonesia)
preview1.png

Last edited:
Hmm it doesnt look that bad xD Could tell that it is by hand but that doesnt really hurt anything~

So I see ero Neko dragged something in XD

Sorry couldn't resist

But it looks good keep up the good work.

Inking...one of my nightmare in drawing.
The fear of ruining a good drawing by some ink.

That's why until now, I'm just stick to pencil. I prefer using mechanical pencil since it always sharp and fine(I like to drawing something small and detail - old habit of drawing at the corner of notebooks* - *real books, with papers in it).

I can attest to the difficulty of inking by hand. I tried it once with a casual doodle I did at work (I made a copy of the sketch so I wouldn't ruin it) and though it came out sort-of OK, it wasn't very good. Granted, it was done with a regular gel pen and not a proper art pen; but still, I'll stick to digital inking, much safer.

THAT SAID, your picture is really good! Looks like a proper doujinshi. I could never get the hang of panel-flows and backgrounds. You say sensei but you could teach me a thing or two. ^_^

Hmm inking... ive tried inking with one of those art pens where it require dipping and stuff... it was quite a few years ago but didnt turn out well anyhow... x.x Yeah... digital is much safer... just leave copies and whatnot for redos... instead of having to redraw it... :/

I agree. Digital are safer. but I think you need to master traditional first, because the basic is same.. inking is a hard job for me too.. no undo like sketching

[MENTION=12977]SirEpic[/MENTION] : Ehehehe... thanks :3

[MENTION=28026]Selvaria Bles[/MENTION] : LOL..... this red cat is not perverted enough (yet) to be called eroneko... :D

[MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION] : Actually there's a way to prevent your original sketch from being ruined by inking mistakes. You can place a tracing paper (the one which architects usually use for making their blueprint) on top of the original sketch, make them firmly placed on top of a tracing box (a light box, or just a glass table with any light source from underneath it), and then start inking on the tracing paper. If you can't find any tracing paper around, you can also use standard photocopy paper for inking... but they usually bleeds badly (especially with cheaper inks).

I like mechanical pencil too. I used to use 0.5mm 2B and 4B for sketching.

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] : Oh, you've tried dip pen too? :D
I'm in a really bad relationship with them... especially G-pen and Maru-pen. G-pen needs a high-precision of pressure control (to get the desired effect), and Maru-pen just keeps making holes on my thin tracing paper... (and once on my finger too) >_<
I prefer Sakura drawing pen if I have to do hand inking. It's not as good for making modulated lines, but it's much easier to use than dip-pen.

[MENTION=7468]Gigatron[/MENTION] : ahahaha... you're flattering me, sensei~... :D
I'm not sure if I can teach you anything about making comic. :3 I usually get the tricks from "How To Draw Manga" books, and applied them as I see fit. If you want to learn about how panel-flows work, then I have an idea. Let's make a collaborative comic. It's like a relay-marathon : one person make a comic page or two, then another person continue the story with the next page, and then another person... and so on. Probably similar to role-playing, but with pictures instead of just using words. We can learn together, and having fun at the some time. :3

[MENTION=29831]thecoins[/MENTION] : I concur with you and Samyeung46. Digital inking/coloring makes life easier for me. :)

And here's a sample of my old yonkoma (4 panel comics), which was colored in Photoshop (or corel photopaint, I couldn't remember clearly). Never mind about the empty text balloon, I already forgot the script and couldn't find the backup files...

ADV-COMIC-REDCAT-0003-1.jpg

Lol yeah... and the sakura pen wont drip... Im not quite sure which pen i used but theyre similar anyhow... xD

Coloring online also doesnt take materials and whatnot xD

when i trying G pen, it was feeling weird... like I'll tear the paper..

btw punya dA ngga? *language control off

Hmm... my paper didnt tear so easily so idk xD Maybe its just how the pen feels on paper?

ahahaha... you're flattering me, sensei~... :D
I'm not sure if I can teach you anything about making comic. :3 I usually get the tricks from "How To Draw Manga" books, and applied them as I see fit. If you want to learn about how panel-flows work, then I have an idea. Let's make a collaborative comic. It's like a relay-marathon : one person make a comic page or two, then another person continue the story with the next page, and then another person... and so on. Probably similar to role-playing, but with pictures instead of just using words. We can learn together, and having fun at the some time. :3

The way I was "learning" was just by reading a lot of different kinds of manga, and trying to mimic it, but it's very hard to apply what I see. Your idea sounds like fun, and like a good way to learn more. ^_^

Hmm copying only gets so far... it can help someone develop the basics but needs more to go further~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.