Konstantinos Rendering Practice

Konstantinos

♥ Cold Heart ♥
Elite Member
Dec 20, 2013
I will upload here images that i will be rendering in the purpose of Learning and improve my skills

the image is Ice-Witch from Ben-To and i thank [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION]; for providing me pictures.

Also i thank [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; for giving me some help and tips to avoid some mistakes, and also for teaching me in the past years.

The picture wasn't so difficult because of the fat bold black outer line so it helped me very much.

Here there are the results!

8l9g.png

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79628]Petros[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79545]Eviluk96[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79737]cram[/MENTION];

Re: {AK74gr} Rendering Practice

Hey it looks nice XD

I am doing a second now! It's more difficult i used the earaser tool but it take so much time i made some mistakes at the hair and some other parts i also i understand the importance of the History Brush Too that Dark told me about!

Reactions: Hetalia

OK i tried a little bit with the more thin line images i do use eraser tool and history brush tool but i screw up the hair and some other aereas over the edges at her body...

give me your opinions? [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION]; ???? If you see this Dark please use telnet service and show me how to to understand my mistakes!

7p72.png
[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79628]Petros[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79545]Eviluk96[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION]; [MENTION=79737]cram[/MENTION];

I can't give a professional opinion but to me they look good :)

With the second render you can try touching up where her shoes are, it looks like the image was taken from a scan

Reactions: Konstantinos

I can't give a professional opinion but to me they look good :)

With the second render you can try touching up where her shoes are, it looks like the image was taken from a scan

maybe i don't know the images was provided to me by [MENTION=28026]KOS-MOS[/MENTION];

All images were found in google

You can use the noise reduction too fix it up.

The image just needs to be touched up otherwise its fine.

The hair has some problems i download the image so i make a guide and to upload it when i will finished the patch!

OK?

So here it is the guide!

Lets start by removing the artifacts of the JPEG / JPG that was made by the codec of compression of the image.

Use the Noise Reduce Filter :

Step one

Howto01.png~original

Step two

Howto02.png~original

Step three

Howto03.png~original

*Use the same numbers / prefences as you can see in the uper image.

Now look the differences betwin the two images

Before the Noice Reduction filter

Howto04.png~original

After Noice Reduction filter

Howto05.png~original

Now we will use the “Clone Tool”

Howto06.png~original

*Typicaly you shouldn’t use this tool if the render were done perfect. With this way we will “clone” a selected pattern touple to the missing area. The clone texture must be able to much with the patern!

Now a tip how to hide the mistakes of the edges by using the Layer Styles and Inner Glow effect.

Howto07.png~original

*Using the the default Opacity 75% Size 5% and selecting the closet color tone with the coloring edge will give a nice look at the edge of the image.

After all those steps were done the image is ready!

Also one more tip.
Make sure to quick save your progress each time you do something also make a save as file as png image so you can see a preview of your work so that you know were are your mistakes! The transparent working background of the Photoshop doesn’t give the real results! So with this tip you can see and fix them!

Man that had take me a long time to write everything down :D

WTF!!! Now i get it why she looks so familier to my... She is the same design like Tatenshi from Infinite Stratos 2 !!!!!!!

EDIT- i adding a friend [MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; If he is interest in learning rendering and some photoshoping ;)

Last edited:

Looks great Ak ^^
And try what Dark Angel told you, it'll definitely work and improve you

later when i will not have so much headache i will write down some other tips to improve coloring and some other staff!

Reactions: Hetalia and Evdokia

Oh, the old good Ice-Witch... Well done AK; your learning process seems really fine to be, keep this way, okay? Because I see a big future in the ASF for you...:goodtea:~>

And so here is how she must look like after i "modify" her...

SenBen-To02.png~original

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; :dthumbup: She is like Tatenshi!
[MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION]; what i will do to graduate from my Lily Fairy Girl Siggy?

[MENTION=79902]{AK74gr}[/MENTION]; aka Konstanine he will work you out like a mad dog...i am out of here... :breakin:

Last edited:

Geez, Dark Angel you got some interesting methods to make this particularly perfect that I would take it in my notices, maybe it could help me with some web-designs!

@AK, your works looking very good for the "practice" and with Dark Angel you got the perfect "teacher" I think, just wow!!!

[MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; :dthumbup: She is like Tatenshi!
[MENTION=44312]Shishou[/MENTION]; what i will do to graduate from my Lily Fairy Girl Siggy?

[MENTION=79902]{AK74gr}[/MENTION]; aka Konstanine he will work you out like a mad dog...i am out of here... :breakin:

He is doing that already Petro i figure how i will use the filters but i the Eraser tool is too painful i messed up the hair in the second no i am trying another Sen from ben-to i am working near 3 hours now
and i think i have come somehow to remain the smoothness at the edge i think now the use of the History Brush Tool is a life savior! My next step is to mix a combined signature.

Seriously Petro back then you have the ability to overpower me and the other two but why you messed up (God i would love to type in greek) my eanglish sucks!

I believe you should star also begin rendering practice with me if you like! we are not stragers god damn! Also he will be happy too! After this weekend that we will met all together is the perfect time to show as more things in person! 22 Sunday after the end of the Cosplay event i will persuade him to show as something more forward than we are doing now.

Geez, Dark Angel you got some interesting methods to make this particularly perfect that I would take it in my notices, maybe it could help me with some web-designs!

@AK, your works looking very good for the "practice" and with Dark Angel you got the perfect "teacher" I think, just wow!!!

Yeah i am trying too! And thank you for your support! I yet haven't come to "master" most of the tools / filters but i am trying. Dark is perfectionist? And i had a lot respect for him! All the people that we were working with him.

I am trying to end a render near 3 + hours now :) but i feel so tired that i might left it for tomorrow!

Look at DA's showcase, that's very close or better than what professional people are doing

Another new mini-guide for rendering.

Use of the “Magic Eraser Tool” This tool is useful for fast rendering, but it has some minor effects on the edge of the character.

Step one

Fastrender01.png~original

Step two

Fastrender02.png~original

After using the tool you see the edge of the character is becoming very rough.
To make it softer and you have to use the “History Brush Tool”

Step three

Fastrender03.png~original

After using at the edge of the character you will achive the transparency and also the smoothnes texture of the edge
Here is the example how it will look after using the “History Brush Tool”

Fastrender04.png~original

EDIT- i adding a friend [MENTION=26]KingArturia[/MENTION]; If he is interest in learning rendering and some photoshoping ;)

Last edited:

the second guide is very useful not that the first one wasn't but there all of them useful guides and tips!
[MENTION=79902]{AK74gr}[/MENTION]; i am started rendering too, as you suggest me earlier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.