Developing my anime drawing skilsl (Criticism welcomed)

sgh360

Jan 4, 2013
I want to develop my skills as an individual and want to know how can I improve in terms of proportions

BtoTL.jpg

Thx in advanced

you got nice drawing skill already :thumbup: .

hmm to develop your skills of course you need more practice. my lil bro got a really good drawing skill, and he practice everyday, and also drawing some hard picture in manga (you know like backflip, intense combat, hugging, etc). with copying picture from manga almost everyday, he got the grip how to draw efficiently.

hmm I can't draw myself, but I hope my suggestion will help you :)

hmm searching for ebooks maybe helps.. but practice is the most important

edit: hmm probably the line is just too rigid. there's sharp points everywhere... well this is just my opinion though

and these ebooks maybe helps you:
https://yande.re/forum/show/10527

Last edited:
Hmm yeah practice... i cant help much cuz anime styled drawings arent my forte xD

I can't comment pretty much on the proportion though since it's quite balanced already. If you want to have some criticism, I'll say that the point of the hair of the guy is unnaturally sharp.. The girl's looks more natural but for the guy, I have the feeling that his hair is shaped by using gel. Pay attention at the ear region. The exposed part is just too sharp.
I'm not a professional myself so that's all I can say from paying those details. Nothing is wrong with Kirino but Kyousuke's hair is not so good.

I can't comment pretty much on the proportion though since it's quite balanced already. If you want to have some criticism, I'll say that the point of the hair of the guy is unnaturally sharp.. The girl's looks more natural but for the guy, I have the feeling that his hair is shaped by using gel. Pay attention at the ear region. The exposed part is just too sharp.
I'm not a professional myself so that's all I can say from paying those details. Nothing is wrong with Kirino but Kyousuke's hair is not so good.

I appreciate for taking your time to point out my mistakes, drawing male characters somehow are more difficult for me to draw than female characters. I'm glad you could tell which characters I was aiming for :)

Here is another drawing I did, hope I get feedback from this one too
I appreciate all of you guys support.

Hmm females are typically easier to draw than males~

A longer face would probably work for the female? considering where she is facing atm the face would probably be more towards the guy~

The hands dont look... normal... to me... the width of the fingers differ from the hand a bit too much?

The guy's nose is... odd... not quite conforming to the human anatomy ;p

Re: Developing my anime drawing skills (Criticism welcomed)

I appreciate all of your guys help. This are my latest drawings based on the help you guys gave me :). Not sure if I call this and improvement but I gave it a shot. Let me know what you guys think.

kru5atH.jpg
[/URL]]

1WKmxUv.jpg
[/URL]]

TD1ZC2j.jpg
[/URL]]

qnC2jJY.jpg
[/URL]]

It looks like you stretched her face or something xD Not quite sure about how the blush goes across the face and stuff either xD

I believe its really nice actually looking pretty professional only flaw is the noses i unsure about them they just dont look as natural as other anime noses to me

You have a tendency to make things wide. I think the best help is always to look at some real people in similar poses while drawing to figure out how those parts look. Especially for poses that are more dynamic like the last one, just look at yourself in the mirror in a similar pose to get the idea; this can make your poses look a lot more natural (like how her arm holds the pillow, the wrist and elbow are at a strange angle). It would also help to look at how your clothes work in these angles.
Also in profile the pupil actually tends to sit a lot farther back in the eye (as in towards the ear and not the nose).

Hope something in here is helpful. I'm not the best artist (especially so in drawing people/anime), but I was in Fine Arts for a while.

One the first image, it's not a case of being drawn wide but rather the shading(or rather in this case, lack of it) on several sections make them appear wide particularly the necks. It is important to note that the neck should appear thinner so that the nape will be visible and that the chin is slightly more prominent(for the male character). Though this may be avoided by covering with hair, it is also important that the hair should not appear hard, or in the case of the girl her hair doesn't flow with the contours of her body.

2nd image, the guy's hand and wrist seem disproportional. it's a bit too small compared to the girl's which appears to be of the same size. the noses seem fine here. but there should be shading along the top part of her face that is obscured by the guy. Necks again are too thick.

3rd image, guy's arm is unnatural. I suggest using a ball-jointed doll (easier to work with than actual people), a cheap wooden one will do, its a plus if it has clothes so you'll have an idea with the creases and wrinkles. the blushes I believe should run parallel and below the eyes. but there are times its the entire face. her face seems misaligned with the position of the neck.

4th image, the guy's nose disappeared or rather the anime physics is not as it should be. what is that? a towel or a french bread? articulation of the girls wrist and fingers needs work.

on hindsight, you really do have a tendency to draw things thick. Not sure about the eyes, don't know much about that.

If your drawings were put in a 4koma, it would actually be pretty tolerable and even well-accepted due to the popularity of the series, the playfulness emitting from the scenes as well as decent shading.

I encourage drawing from real life whether it is plants, animals, people, or even your door or computer.

Draw different things and see the many wrinkles and creases on shirts or the little gleams that shine off from buttons.

So far, you have the spirit and basics. Learn to lighten up on the pencil and draw a few swift lines that appear to connect together instead of one whole line.

Keep at it. Looking forward to more~

Ha I failed. I mistook the headline. I was gonna suggest using adobe photoshop to anime your drawing. Silly me........

Well I guess you like ore no imouto I do too. Second season coming up in March. The anime was good. Kirino, a tsundere younger sister and Kyousuke a caring big brother.

I say your drawing have a soft doujin like to it which it is not bad. It's good. You just need a little more touch on the finger and ear. Elsewhere all are good, especially face expressions ^___^

Looking forward to seeing more<3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha