• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

renano

Little ⁺ I ⁺ Erase
Elite Member
Apr 1, 2012
Hello everyone to the Chopstick Tournament!

WINNER OF THE CHOPSTICK TOURNAMENT!

Well, this tournament is officially closed!

Thank you all for your generosity and time to participate!

Tied for fourth are [MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION]

Third goes to [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]

Second goes to [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION]

First goes to... I feel like I don't deserve it truth be told... -_- ... renano...

RULES

For those participating you must mention what material you made your chopsticks from. Bamboo, wood, steel, and paper are the only materials you can choose.

If you require other things like a fire, chisels, knives, etc. to aid in the making, go right ahead. No outside help from people or animals or other living things.

Once you're done, post your creation and the judges and voters will decide if it's OVER 9000 or just a poorly made Spirit Bomb.

We are not responsible for any injuries or mishaps that may occur. If you are harmed, burnt, unconscious, or possibly killed in any way, please be rest assured we will have guards protecting the area you are creating the chopsticks. Please have fun and watch out for the land mines.

---

ENTRIES

You can post it as a description, a picture, or a video as long as it's your own work and you followed the rules.

Please have fun, go crazy with it, and take your time...

Whoever makes the dopest, most uber, epic win chopsticks will be declared the winner!

---

WHAT THE WINNER GETS

REAL PRIZES

The winner shall receive bragging rights... and a congratulatory picture drawn by the other participants that didn't win. Each participant will draw one piece of the picture.

EXAMPLE: Sam draws the 'con' part, renano draws the 'grat', Deca draws the 'ulat', etc. until it reads 'Congratulations'.

VIRTUAL PRIZES

The winner shall receive a golden crown with their name inscribed on it. An endless supply of tea of their choice is also presented.

---

LOSER

VIRTUALLY SPEAKING

The loser must eat their own losing chopsticks that they made and serve the winner for a day. (Wag your tail and try not to offend/burn/cut/bomb/etc. the winner) :3

---

JUDGES

1. Hideki
2. x-Shiki-x
3. GenKiDan

The judges will view the work, see if they followed the rules, and decide the ones they like best. Their votes will be tallied together with the other voters.

---

VOTES

Those who participated cannot vote for their own work.

Only one vote per person.

Only AS members can vote.

We'll tally the votes and determine the winner.

---

DEADLINE

CLOSED

NO MORE DEADLINES

---

CONTESTANTS

1. Evac
2. renano
3. samyeung46
4. Decalcomania
5. Uninstall

---

CONTESTANTS' ENTRIES

1. Evac

cs800.png

So, no sign of the contestants? Let me be the first, then!
Being terrible at drawing 2D images, I decided to add an extra dimension and let the computer do the rest for me. These are the results. Hope you enjoy it! :D

CLAMOROUS TOWN -- APRIL 01, 2012 -- EI/LTAM-232 is the latest entry in the lineup of consumer products from world's leading manufacturer of military equipment, Evac Industry. Advanced research in atomic-scale manipulation at low temperatures allowed the birth of a new carbon allotrope, which, in standard conditions for temperature and pressure, delivers a solid and extremely resistant material, as well as precise gripping capabilities, allowing for the user to enjoy the best of Japanese cuisine without any worries about the product slipping from his/her hands.

Despite the inherent stability of bonds between carbon atoms, due to the low temperature manipulation of its molecular structure, the solid characteristics of the material become slightly unstable at higher temperatures, with its melting point at approximately 232ºC. At this point, it mixes with water vapor suspended in the air and form a known substance called sucrose, which results in the slow composition of thin layers of caramel at the bottom of the cooking recipient*, making the EI/LTAM-232 the ideal choice even if the user doesn't have any food to eat at all.

*the user may need to add a few drops of water to achieve the desired effect.

2. renano

Image004.png

I didn't really put much effort. I just wanted to post something. I might put something else, but here's a fun sketch I did. I mostly drew what I would look like as an anime character though. XD Also, I'm no good with the tablet. If I do post something else, it might be on my marker/white board since I draw well with markers or with a real pen instead of that touch pen. XD

How would I describe my chopsticks?

Chopsticks are mainly for eating purposes therefore the basic function of picking up food like rice, sushi, fish and other edible items we humans can digest properly are incorporated into the chopsticks.

The thin sleek tip allows the person to grab their desired item and place it within their mouths with ease while the larger end allows the eater to hold and grasp the chopsticks firmly.

The material this set of chopsticks are made from is bamboo. Due to its sturdy property one may expect these chopsticks to last for a very long time... and it does. The design is sleek and smooth. There are also some little clouds drew onto it to indicate that whatever item you're holding, whatever food you're eating, and whatever you desire to do with those chopsticks, just remember that these chopsticks are although strong and sturdy, it is light as air.

Because it is light as air, within the smaller end, it contains knock out gas for those sticky situations in which you do not desire to pay the bill, if your date was a bore, and other circumstances that you may find convenient. If you decide to pull a heist or feel like it's time to end your life, but in style, look no further. In the other end of the chopsticks, there are two options to perform any deadly deed. One option is called fast death while the other is slow death. Depending on your decision, the fast death will suddenly emit from the chopsticks a sharp sword to cut off your neck. The slow death is a basically a few bullets piercing you everywhere except your vital spots.

There are different designs for these chopsticks so the there are also different outcomes of death. One may have electrocution and poison while another may have explosion and needles. The same is applied for the other end of the chopsticks. Instead of knockout gas it could be a smokescreen or a plague of locust. We want to meet the needs of our consumers and other potential customers as best as we possibly can.

But how can such a wonderful pair of chopsticks such as these compare to the chopsticks we use nowadays?

The answer is 'simplicity meets necessity'. These chopsticks were made by top craftsmen who worked upon hours and hours using their knifing skills, cutting skills, and other laborious skills to ensure that whoever uses these chopsticks will be satisfied. These chopsticks may appear similar to other chopsticks, but these chopsticks provide comfort for those tired hands. It is true that most chopsticks are smooth so one may not grasp them that well. However, the chopsticks seen here are smooth but capable to be held by any who claim to have butterfingers. This leads to necessity.

Upon close inspection, one may see little cracks here and there. Those aren't cracks. They are actually the clouds we have explained earlier. These clouds are although pretty to look at, also duels to eliminate odors in the air almost like a Glade plug-in. We all have times when we want to breathe something else besides that horrid cigarette smoke and car pollution. Just glide your fingers to the biggest cloud usually located near the middle and the touch will activate a fragrant scent. We have different scents available as well like cocoa, butter popcorn, cinnamon, and more.

Please be rest assured that no animals or other living creatures were harmed in the making of these chopsticks. If you need help in using any feature found in these chopsticks, our hotline is open 24/7 for 7 days a week.

Thank you and please do enjoy these chopsticks to their full potential for full satisfaction.

And for a limited time only, you can get that girl in the picture only if you call and order now!

Telephone Number

666-777-1313

3. samyeung46

So this is my random sketch that i tossed together in a couple hours for this odd lil contest~ Two random pictures i took of the chopsticks~
IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

The little sleeping birdy that was supposed to be a phoenix~
IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2349-1.jpg

The three little chibis that should probably be larger... sharpening failed... anyone wanna guess where they came from? :p
Staring out into space~
IMG_2354-1.jpg

Looking around a bit~
IMG_2350-1.jpg

Sitting curled up with hands around her knees~
IMG_2351-2.jpg

The chopsticks were made from the wood of the Yggdrasil and blessed by the Gods~ It was further enchanted by Merlin, Gandalf, and Dumbledore in a legendary meeting only described of in the scriptures. Sauron, Voldemort, Darth Vader and the Mage of the Beginning caught wind of the meeting and decided to ambush them and steal the chopsticks. During the battle they twisted the enchantment placed on the chopsticks and were overwhelming with the sheer size of their cannon fodder army. Harry potter, Negi, Zero, and L appear at the last moment (of course) to turn the tide of the battle. It was then deemed too powerful and sealed into an alternate dimension where a Bloody Black Rabbit found it and started playing with it, destroying the abyss in the process. After the rabbit escaped the abyss, it tossed the chopsticks into a large lake where a hand shot out and grabbed it right before it hit the water. It was later found in the possession of a magical goldfish and given to a small fuzzball like creature that collected acorns. The small fuzzball gave it to a giant sleeping fuzzball which later dropped it during one of its nightly flights on a top. A girl in wolf's skin picked it up while hunting and gave it to some magician when he was passing by in his castle. Another magician that could transform into a dragon sneaked into his castle and tried to steal it, but was noticed and dropped the chopsticks in the clash that ensued. A young witch flew by during her deliveries and found it while looking for the cat doll that she had dropped. Curious about the magical aura she took it along. She gave it to a friend that studied plants to see what she would make of it. The friend took her glider and was returning home when a thunderstorm struck and she found herself on a massive levitating city. She ran around the empty city in awe when she bumped into a large robot. Surprised, she stumbled back and didnt notice that the chopsticks had fallen from her bag. It laid there for years till two young pirates came and found it. They brought it down too Earth along with a little stash of treasure. No one really knows what happened after that but i found it in the attic and thats the story that was passed down through our family. There seems to be many abilities activated by certain actions most of which i havent discovered but i found that i could summon creatures mythical or not from the shadows~

4. Decalcomania

Here's my entry~:
img084lk.jpg

Story Behind the Chopsticks
These chopsticks were made from the finest steel from the finest known area that holds the finest steel known to man. The best blacksmith on this planet made these chopsticks, which took not only days but years to make these chopsticks perfect. This set of chopsticks were the perfect weight, perfect height, perfect everything. Thieves tried to steal these chopsticks, but ten million samurai, a million ninjas, a hundred thousand Black Ops snipers, a thousand Vikings, five hundred angry rioters, a hundred CIA agents, and all of the Greek gods were guarding this set of chopsticks, which was secured in a bullet-proof glass container. No thief ever has been successful in stealing the chopsticks, but there was one thief who was different than the others. This thief's name was 'Classified'.

Though it was difficult to even get past the first wave of enemies, Classified got through them like it was nothing. Blood spilled on the floor each second. After getting past each wave, Classified finally got the chopsticks that he desired so much. Classified then went home and made himself a feast of food, some foods that are normal, some are out-of-this-world. Classified sat down on a comfy cushion next to his table which was covered in these foods and picked up the chopsticks. He began gobbling down food at the speed of light and eventually finished his meal. There was one problem though. The chopsticks have suddenly disappeared!

When desperately searching for the chopsticks, Classified felt a sharp pain in his stomach. He touched his stomach and felt the sharp pain again. The pain felt like a set of steel chopsticks digging into his stomach(You can tell where this is going.), a pain that he has never felt before. After realizing that he had accidentally eaten the chopsticks, the pain got even worse. After about an hour trying to get the chopsticks out of him, he died. Turns out, the chopsticks pierced through his stomach and the acid flowed out and killed him. His body was buried at the top of Mount Everest, where the chopsticks are still resting with his remains.

Brief Description of the Chopsticks
The chopsticks are made from steel and are shaped like a cylinder, not rectangular prism-shaped? Has a flower engraved near the top of the chopsticks. Has the Kanji for the word 'flower'(花) engraved in both chopsticks as well.

5. Uninstall

Damn, I should've done that, didn't make an animated story either, but a mix of clips lol
anyways, done! here it is! Yeah it's lame but hopefully it's a bit of a laugh ( ゚ ∇ ゚)

---

JUDGES' EVALUATION

1. x-Shiki-x

ok, since i was pushed into the position of judge by a certain spammer, i will post my opinion now...

let us begin with [MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION]. you said that you cant draw, but you found an alternative solution anyways. i like your 3d model.
out of the four entries your product description is the most "normal"/"realistic" (dont know how to word it :/)
you seem to have focused on marketing your product quasi-professional. closer to real product marketing i guess???
i especially liked the details of your chopsticks. in my opinion you gave the most details about your chopsticks themselves. to name some examples: "atomic-scale manipulation at low temperatures" (yeah, materials can be processed this
way), "carbon allotrope", "standard conditions for temperature and pressure" (you know your stuff xD)...
thats a big plus for me as a hopefully-future-engineer~
as with the others' chopsticks yours are sturdy as well and stuff. the caramel-gimmick was nice~
i like this feature xD

next will be [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]. lets begin with your description first. its as expected of you :lmao:
you used all those cool characters in your "story" (gandalf, darth vader, B-RABBIT <3). it has gotten quite random and it
turned more into a relic or something rather than chopsticks xD
or OP magical chopsticks...yep thats it^^
there is not too much description of the chopsticks themselves, but its ok. i really like the randomness and all the changing of owners. and the vague, unknown features gives your product some attractiveness. it picks my interest~
now on to your sketch. it turned out quite good for a rough sketch (i can see that you study arts xD)
you went through the trouble of adding shadows (something i will never do :goodtea:)
you have drawn a piece of cloth, tangled around the chopsticks, which are crossed instead of simply lined up next to each
other. you also added fairies and a little bird. this gives your product, after reading your fantasy story, a ?dreamy?/"fantastic" image. all this makes it quite ?aesthetic? (can i use this word here :reallyconfused: i just wanted to use it~) i really like your work^^
i hope i will be able to see one of your completed works someday :goodtea:

lets go on with [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] now. first off i gotta hand it down to you for using a tablet. i know how hard it is. and you did pretty well imo. the thing i like about your sketch is the girl (i like her face and haircut). but it would have been nicer
to put more emphasis on the chopsticks somehow (dont know how though)
the beginning of your description was not really necessary, since those facts are chopsticks obvious purpose. but describing that in an overly exaggerated fashion made it funny again. and i like that xD
"Due to its sturdy property one may expect these chopsticks to last for a very long time... and it does" totally made me laugh~
the cloud decoration seems pretty neat. and its feature to fight odor is good as well. the hidden weapon feature is awesome. hidden weapons are awesome. good job!
what i also liked about your description was your use of catch phrases "simplicity meets necessity", your 24/7 slave-hotline and the girl you get with the limited edition (as you said shes designed after you :fullblush: :nosebleed:)

last but not least [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION]. yours was closer to evacs than the other two. lets begin with your sketch. DRAWCEPTION XD...this was a nice idea. i liked it. your chopsticks are also nicely decorated with the flowers and the kanji. plus for adding shadows as well~
now to your description. i liked that you structured it this way. the emphasis on "finest" at the beginning made me laugh as well as the exaggerated amount of guardians, mr classified and the absurd course of action xD
i especially liked the irony of dying by eating chopsticks.

the decision is too hard and i dont really want to choose one, so i guess i will think a bit longer about it and leave this at it is for now...will add decision later maybe~

edit: too lazy to correct spelling mistakes and tenses...bear with me please :goodtea:

2. GenKiDan

Well oki then, here goes :D It's cool I could be of some use that was appreciated.
:diploma: judgment incoming

[MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION]

Well Evac's entry is fascinating in it's own way. It gives promises of
very high quality and durability in accordance with that of the MIL standard,
at least within its designated area of operational specifications.
Designed and rendered with mathematical precision.

This proud product is surely worthy of being in the product line
of yet an other terrifying military contracting company on one side,
and probably with a innocent and harmless public front making chopsticks, soap
and G.. knows what else to the unsuspecting public.
Just like in the line of other similar companies, like:
-Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC)
-Armacham Technology Corporation
-Umbrella Corporation
I'm sure Evac industries will also try to contribute in their own uniqe way
in making the world a safer and more convenient place.
Which makes buying their chopsticks a possible way the consumer can help contribute with just that.

They might also be assured a healthy level of contracts from such as JDF and other
asian chopstick eating armies.(i.e. buying evac stocks might be a good investment)

Also unless I'm mistaking, despite being made of wood, they require no wood, only carbon?
which means their also environmentally friendly. Unless I'm wrong.

Positives:
Fine Mil Spec quality chopsticks
Supporting terrifying company bent on world domination??
Negatives:
Price is currently @unown but might be higher than most peoples salery
Supporting terrifying company bent on world domination??

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]

Well chopsticks are obviously for eating, maybe also poking but,
(just remember to avoid the eyes).

Though for those people who tragically don't know what chopsticks is,
or how to use em, I think it was thorough and considerate to include an
introduction. Makes them also more retard friendly. But also extremely
retard dangerous, as we will get to later on....

Very nice that they are so flexible in their potential usefulness,
they can be used for so many things.
Bamboo is also one of the fastest growing plants on earth so their also
environmentally friendly by leaving the rainforest be.

Because of the feedback system I figure they are also excellent chopsticks for blind people,
or those that for some reason likes to eat with their eyes closed. Or in total darkness.
Very unique qualities indeed, and useful. Just don't push any BUTTONS!! Don't
If you drop them, don't pick them up with out the lights on, if you have no light wait for daylight.

With the inclusion of different designs the possibilities seems almost endless. :o

The odor function is fantastic not just for getting rid of pesky pollution and
cigarette smell but can also I figure it be used to complement the food your eating,
and help set the atmosphere, whether your eating alone or with a partner.

And The Limited time offer... is simply superb marketing, and increases the product value
way and above. Even with the side effect of an unknown percentage of the male population
forgetting what they where actually going to order in the first place.
Proves without a doubt Renano knows to provide real top notch value, and triumphantly
knows marketing techniques that put the marketing gurus and psychologists too shame.
I'm with x-shiki-X on this one (as you said shes designed after you)

Phone number seems to be out of use, or missing some information for International orders...
I even tried adding the US area code...

-
Oh and yeah that....Highly extremely lethal sticks for retards and blind.
Might consider adding a safety for avoiding accidental deaths for normal people as well.

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]

First of all...I KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM !!!!
Gensokyo... right, right ? :bigeyes: I think....(Utsuho, Reimu & Rin maybe...in my mind o_0)

The chopsticks have a lot of umh collectors value I'll say that much.
They would certainly have a lot more value then lets say something that was held and owned
by Elvis, Napoleon Bonaparte, Issac Newton, Nero, The Pope, all put together.

Especially for certain fans and collectors...then there's the summoning ability on top of it all.
Some wise man might hold you chopsticks at some time, and utter the words...If only these
chopsticks could talk......

And somehow, mystically I distinctly feel I know a lot of those previous mystical
unnamed owners ;)

(lady of the lake?, Ariel Disney cartoon?, Seen "Ice Age" lately?, something about a "Sword in the stone"?,
Marisa? Gurren lagann?) ect

(so you gotten around too see Deadth Note and Code Geass :P øh, so ot)

All in all the chopsticks are quite historical, and the pictures imo seems to reflect that,
the way they kinda just lie there, and with the cloth. Their worth unperceived by anyone else
except those who know...And I happened to notice they where square instead of round in their shape.
Might be a very good design choice, in my imagination, but never tried squared chopstick before,
but it may seem better for grip. My kind of chopsticks.

[MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION]

First off, the sharpest and most detailed picture so far,
not sure if I should use the most detailed as the word, but the sharpest. Can't
find a better word for it for now.

The only chopsticks made from steel, reminds me of some very traditional,
honorable proud tradition of bushido.("way of the warrior"/sword, think samurai and katana.
at least the Katana and Blade)

I like your story a lot, it was entertaining and kept my attention all trough out.
It was epic, and creative imo. It was less descriptive of less important things
than other stories and more directly descriptive on what was happening in the current.
And therefore the most exiting of the bunch. If thats an accurate way to put it I have no idea
but its as best as I am able to define\understand and express it.

But who the Hell would name their baby "Classified" :spitlaugh: :happywhistle: jk

The actual description of the chopsticks, make them seem like an extension of my body.
With proper weight to them give them the feeling that your really holding something
Solid, quality made, and well balanced like a well made blade. Lethal and elegant at the same time,
like the Kanji for flower also emphasize and amplifies.

Ironically, it seems like Classified knows whats at stake here for anyone loosing this contest.
But I think you got pretty decent chances to not worry about that :)

[MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION]

Well it was different. It was more lay'ed back for me to view cause it required less reading
and less thinking ^^ 3pac lol

Plus for making "kara no shoujo" reference, even though I haven't played it,(or any vn so far infact :O)
or knew what it was (at first, until google and vndb). Made it kinda hip and culturally cool in a away.
Such a wickedly cool thing to say too a thug! I'll try to remember that line, in case I get the chance
to use it on someone someday. ;D

And well since it was a visual presentation, with less textual content there's not tooo much I can say.
But it was cool.

3. Hideki

[MENTION=24034]Evac[/MENTION]
Well, im not much into the computer animated picture just becouse it´s context and details are much harder too make still i admire your work when making that picture if i may... wich program did you use?
Another thing is that i dont really want to combine choppsticks with the military sure the ones in field that would be skilled at eating with them would aprrove but still. Not to be harch on you but 5/10 is what you get from me.

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION]
ughh... it´s hard to be critical against renano but if i must i must~
Let´s see... hmm.. it´s very appealing how u made the info about the choppsticks like an commercial. This is clearly a more specified and described entry... "The design is sleek and smooth. There are also some little clouds drew onto it to indicate that whatever item you're holding, whatever food you're eating, and whatever you desire to do with those chopsticks, just remember that these chopsticks are although strong and sturdy, it is light as air." There is nearly as a proffesional would describe them, and im very suprised of this fact. "Because it is light as air, within the smaller end, it contains knock out gas for those sticky situations in which you do not desire to pay the bill, if your date was a bore, and other circumstances that you may find convenient. If you decide to pull a heist or feel like it's time to end your life, but in style, look no further. In the other end of the chopsticks, there are two options to perform any deadly deed. One option is called fast death while the other is slow death. Depending on your decision, the fast death will suddenly emit from the chopsticks a sharp sword to cut off your neck. The slow death is a basically a few bullets piercing you everywhere except your vital spots." Hmm... what should i say about this??? Maybe not recomended for children, let´s put an 18 logo on that product. "Please be rest assured that no animals or other living creatures were harmed in the making of these chopsticks. If you need help in using any feature found in these chopsticks, our hotline is open 24/7 for 7 days a week." I would certainly hope that no creautures were harmed in the production since chopsticks isn´t made from animal tissue. otherwise the service line 24/7 is a little plus on the edge! Hideki´s rating: 9/10

What is a shibi doing in my food? XD
Ok, just to be short with one fact: youre describtion is damn messy! XD
I´ll be nice cuz ur awesome story behind the choppsticks. My oppinion: 7/10

I really like the design on this picture very nicely drawn.
"These chopsticks were made from the finest steel from the finest known area that holds the finest steel known to man. The best blacksmith on this planet made these chopsticks, which took not only days but years to make these chopsticks perfect. This set of chopsticks were the perfect weight, perfect height, perfect everything. Thieves tried to steal these chopsticks, but ten million samurai, a million ninjas, a hundred thousand Black Ops snipers, a thousand Vikings, five hundred angry rioters, a hundred CIA agents, and all of the Greek gods were guarding this set of chopsticks, which was secured in a bullet-proof glass container. No thief ever has been successful in stealing the chopsticks, but there was one thief who was different than the others. This thief's name was 'Classified'." Seems a little fishy too me... xD but anyways.... through all the violent nature of this chopstick i would say 8/10 +1 extra point for the kanji
[MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION]... i dont really know what to say... so ill give you a 5

---

OMAKE

1. Drawn by the stupendous dedicated judge x-Shiki-x! Please, enjoy his own version of chopsticks.~

well, did this sketch at school, when i was bored xD
...since everyone was doing something with chopsticks, i got into the mood to do something like this. it didnt really turn out as good as i wanted it to be, but thats just lack of skill :/
dont intend to work any further on it, as i suffer from an extremely lack of motivation...or rather its my principle to never finish any drawings xD
but, well, oh, meeeeh...

zzz.jpg

doesnt really contribute to this tournament, but think of it as an omake or something along those lines??

2. Drawn by the infamous Sam to portray his dedication for self-improvement.

Okies heres my other bit of randomness which i wouldnt say i completely finished but good enough for now~

Two pictures of the current piece~ one with flash and one without~
IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

Smaller phoenix birdy~ (if only i colored this)
IMG_2361.jpg

Shadow of something running off~
IMG_2365.jpg

I wonder where this came from~
IMG_2366.jpg

Wisps of smoke as the feather slowly burns out and disappears~
IMG_2362.jpg

3. A song for all you by me, renano... not chopsticks related~ :3

I kept my word! I made a video of me singing.

The song was made about 3 years ago so the quality might not be too good. Also, my voice nowadays might sound different from back then.

I wrote the lyrics! So if you want to use them just mention my name.

I also have more English lyrics for other anime and Vocaloid songs... but it's a lot of work editing songs. >.<

The subtitles are mine.

The OP video and music are not mine.

I'm not the best singer. It is something I used to do in my spare time. Please enjoy~

The song was chosen to be used in the Toradora Fandub and I was chosen to voice some of the characters, but I declined. I had other commitments. I feel a bit bad, but those other things were more important to me to use my time on.

4. Made by Evac who puts in thought, effort, and dedication to whatever he does.

Seeing you making all those extras, I also decided to give a little contribution before the contest is officially closed.
So, I made a single-line comment that tries to reflect my opinion about each work, followed by a little award, inspired by the "Virtual prizes" section renano posted. Hope you like them! :)

[MENTION=8332]Samy[/MENTION], for the great scenery, distinct style and a random, yet very nice tale:

7p2Rb.png
[MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION], for the precision and elegance of your traces, and the stimulus to our imagination with a very mysterious figure:

eSsSQ.png
And [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION], for the simple, yet sturdy design, the practical features and a spectacular "buy now!" bonus:

kWvjK.png
(May not look like it from this angle, but the hand is slightly bent to the back, its palm facing up... xD)
As for our dopest contestant, [MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION], whose work was incredibly funny (you really made me laugh there, man!)... Sorry, we were the last ones, so we're not supposed to earn anything at all... (I tried to think about a consolation prize, but couldn't come up with anything. xD)
But I know of a very cool place in the beautiful city of Kanazawa where we can have good drinks and listen to fantastic Jazz sessions through the whole night! You with me, bro?! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kami-onii-chan
What happened to the virtual tea? xD Im pretty sure i remember other random virtual prizes~
Ill be doing the tally for the votes unless theres a poll~
I will put it in this format-
Contestant 1- Votes
Contestant 2- Votes
Etc...
People that voted (to keep some sense of confidentiality for anyone who doesnt want people to know~)-

Okies has a poll so no need to count xD

Last edited:
NO MORE VOTES! OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

Last edited:
Nice and simple design~ You used quite a large piece of paper o.o lol :3 Hand could use a little bit of work imo :x But thats only cuz i like stuff that looks more realistic~
Hmm so why didnt anyone take those chopsticks~ Im sure they would cost quite a bit even if they just sold it (as long as they leave out that it was the cause of someone's death)~ And now im wondering who classified is xD My first thought was that there was some curse placed on anyone who obtained the chopsticks unfairly but turns out he just ate them xD So who buried him exactly... :x

Nice and simple design~ You used quite a large piece of paper o.o lol :3 Hand could use a little bit of work imo :x But thats only cuz i like stuff that looks more realistic~
Hmm so why didnt anyone take those chopsticks~ Im sure they would cost quite a bit even if they just sold it (as long as they leave out that it was the cause of someone's death)~ And now im wondering who classified is xD My first thought was that there was some curse placed on anyone who obtained the chopsticks unfairly but turns out he just ate them xD So who buried him exactly... :x

Nope, it was just a normal-sized piece of paper o -o Does it really look that big?
I rushed through most of the hand because it's mainly about the chopsticks, right?
Because it belonged to a powerful being and it would indeed cost a fortune, but it would be respectful to the powerful being, so no one bothered selling it. Classified didn't believe in this powerful being owning it, so..
Classified is Classified. Nothing more (;
The individuals who found him in his home. Dead. On the ground. With chopsticks in his stomach.

Okay, your entry has been accepted. I edited the post.

Very beautiful. Your description was elaborate and humorous. Such clean lines and I liked how you incorporated your hand in there... if that is your hand. XD

Are we done with entries? Can we pick the judges and vote now?

Classified
... huh... I'd like it to be Altaïr... or a My Little Pony!

Lol im done i guess xD
Hmm i guess you drew it smaller then? and your camera has higher resolution...
No one bothered to give the chopsticks back to the powerful being? xD
Classified as a my little pony or altair o.o You want them to die on the floor with chopsticks inside of them? o.o

[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] Yes, that is indeed my hand. And that is indeed how I position my hand to draw.

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] Funny, 'cause my camera was my phone xD And the powerful being died due to a rival being jealous of him owning the chopsticks :3

Ok o.o;;; Poor powerful being that doesnt own the chopsticks anymore... So why doesnt the rival have the chopsticks ;D Or did they both die in the epic battle for the chopsticks that the other being lost already lol~

I'm going to close this competition soon! I just want one more judge besides Hideki and Shiki.

Deca suggests a congratulatory drawing with the other three contestants holding a sign congratulating the winner!

I suggested a congratulatory song!

Sam... what's your take?

Hmm idk :x poem? xD im not too good at poetry though~
How about anyone who wants to leave a comment xD Hmm and now that its not hidden under piles of spam i wonder if anyone else would want to join :3

Last edited:
I'll keep it open for a few more days...

Poem is fine too. We can let the judges decide as well what a decent prize would be.

I love singing! I might post samples of previous songs I sang so you can decide what melody you want the song to be~ I'll be the one to sing... since... no one here likes singing... -_-

I sing on my own time. Apparently, my voice is really soothing when it comes to singing.

Yay! Deca sings!

If you've done choruses or fandubs like seen on YouTube... I'll just pick a random song like Bouken Deshou Deshou for example and compose the lyrics into a congratulatory song... almost like a parody.

Each person sings his/her line, mix it together, and you're done!

Yes... I kind of have some experience with this... -_-;;

Hmm... it's fine... you don't need to sing Sam... you can pick out the melody or write the words for the song. If we do sing, I only want it to be a couple of minutes long. Any longer might make the song less pleasing and less memorable.

The congratulatory picture is still a cool idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.