Candy

Seitsuki

Trusted Member
Dec 5, 2011
Hurrah, artists!

Anyways I got a tablet for my birthday last year, and have been kinda on off with it (stupid university..) which means I'm still in the middle of setting my style and getting my skills up etc.. so if you guys could help out and give me tips etc I'd be very much obliged *bowbow*

Hmhm, some examples of stuff I've done before..

I've recently given up colouring to work on my basic lineart etc, which.. still needs work

Still new at this stuff, so C&C etc welcome. Thanks for looking~~

Last edited:
I'm no artist, but I think they're pretty good.

I'm also pretty picky, so pay me no heed if you want as I can't draw worth anything.

#1: Her right hand seems to be fatter than her left, but it might be just the perspective, and her neck is quite thin.

#2: The link for the bigger version's broken, so I can't really criticize; pretty sky though. \:D/

#3: Her eyes . . . can't really put it in words, but her eyes look as if they're staring in opposite directions. Her nose seems off-centered.

#4: Her right arm seems to get thinner from the hand down to the elbow, or it could just be the sleeve poofing out at the top due to gravity. Her eyes look dead, but that's probably only 'cause there's no color.

Other than that, I really like the effort you put into the detail of the clothes.

Hope I didn't come off as too harsh; just said what was on my mind. I heard the hands and eyes were the most difficult parts, so pretty good for a newbie. o/

Last edited:
Bwuh, wups.. fixed.

Yeah I usually have quite a few problems with the head, face and shoulders area, whether it's positioning or sizing etc, so they'll probably look a bit off for a while.. I think it's something that only comes with practice, so might take a bit orz

Thanks, will try and correct those in future

*finally finished* BGs can go die.

Thanks to the guys over on IRC who helped out. Figured I may as well upload the final result, as.. inadequate as I feel it is. We all get better with time, I guess..

Seit, try to make shadowing consistent with the light source :P

Also, what's she doing with a pen lol. Feels like something is missing on her bed (not a sex joke).

Last edited:
This is what I get for deciding on a light source AFTER I colour and shade the subject. I just got enthusiastic and a bit carried away.. (not to mention the BG was little more than an afterthought)

And what's wrong with a pen? It's PaI™. It is in no way reflective of anything you may be thinking. I myself am in no way reflective of anything you may be thinking. I was also considering adding a notebook or something but I got lazy. By the way that's a suspiciously specific denial. *keeps an eye out*

Lol no seriously the pen looks out of place. When I saw your rough I assumed there was going to be something drawn there to tell the story of the lonely pen (again, not a sex joke...from my point of view anyway). Of course, you understand, now that you've mentioned what I might possibly have thought about, it's clear what you were truly going for with this drawing.

Ilu.

What story does a pen need? It is the pinnacle of existence, the lord of creation. It's presence needs neither setting nor context. I don't know about lonely because I'm a good person who doesn't think about such questionable personifications. Of course, you understand, now that you've admitted what you might possibly have thought about, it's as good as a confession that you were indeed thinking about such things. How utterly shameless. As for me, I'm simply a helpless bystander in the corruption of this world and so must naturally learn a minor few details in order to survive. Once again, I myself am in no way reflective of anything you may be thinking. You were thinking such things?? How utterly shameless. See, I had to repeat myself to emphasise the point because it's a very important point. ...I'll stop now.

A quick something I did for the other forum.

You guys are slack It's hard to stay motivated in summer..

You drew her head in a profile view but the mouth positioning and the fact that her right eye is somehow placed more in front than her left eye says otherwise. Also, you drew the crease on the dress on her back in wrong direction (should be going down, not up).

And it looks like you have two light sources again!

P.S. Is that Arcueid? Or just an original character that looks suspiciously like her?

Last edited:
Sob, I wish you'd build my confidence for once instead of tearing everything down.

I plead that I was in a hurry + I still suck. Besides which, isn't the sky shiny? Why don't you just stare at it and forget all the problems. It's one of my favorite pastimes.

......I'll work on it orz

(concept from here.)

Last edited:
Lol ok ok. To be fair the drawing is still really good, just her head and shadowing that needs work on. Do you start from bone model or just start drawing? Starting from bone model can help position your head elements better.

You draw the sky really well and your concept in particular is very soothing. Hell I've never even drawn a real background since I started drawing...

Good job with the drawings. The backgrounds are refreshing.

But its like what orisa said, some of the drawing's "heads" or face still needs a little work. The stick or bone model really helps. Try to soften or make the chins a little rounder since it looks a little sharp or pointed (At least thats what my eyes tells me =_=")

Practice enough and you might just become as good as one of the artists that I look up to one day XD

Uu.. thanks for your words of encouragement in a way, I guess

As you probably saw before my backgrounds generally suck like hell but ever since Sola I've loved skies and through a load of practice it's pretty much the only BG that I have any confidence in (and even then not that much..)

Head (and hair, and associated profiles etc) are still something I need alot of work on I suppose

I ALSO SUKI YOUYOUR ARTWORKS, expecially the patchy one.

The eye/mouth position is a bit off, but as for the sharp chin, I think it's fine. I've seen plently of artists with that pointy style.

I also love skies~ Is it possible for you to include some kind of horizon next time as well? You know, that sunrise/set light streaming through D:

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.. I guess? ~_~ Got a long way to go I know, but hopefully sometime in the future.. yeah. Good luck to us.

Actually I'm kinda stuck between deciding if I want to be a chara artist or scenery artist. A sweeping plain, the infinite skies overhead, a breeze blowing and sending ripples down the never ending fields. How could something so small as man compare? But.. they're cute.. *cough* orz

Didn't have computer access for a while so in a moment of boredom I broke out the pencils and paper for a while :x

Also on a vaguely artistic related note

Pics taken from porch/veranda thing. Got a lot more but these make a nice series. Why no I have not taken any photography courses, how did you know.

Last edited:
Haha, too lazy and tired to stare at my own lineart for too long so I'll drop it here for the night and see what C&C it collects by morning.

This also counts as a badly constructed life detector.

Not much to say other than nice work...though mouth seems a bit too much at the back?

I'm assuming that's Shana but she look a bit mature. She could probably pass for Shana's predecessor though.

Ah.. crap. Mature? How?? Is it the height? The perspective?

I can't really be bothered changing it now, so hopefully it'll turn out ok.. orz

the torso and face. its ok though noone likes that loud mouth rori anyways I for one like it better than original shana. also the arm creases look a bit strange. but really this is just me being nitpicky. very clean work, moar plz.

Last edited:
I was bored, so I thought I'd try something new. As you do. Oririn, if you somehow turn that into a sex joke I will kill you.

......and now I need lots of help. Does anyone know of any reference stuff for this kind of thing? Lighting colours etc? Please orz

Geez Seit, what haven't you tried before :P

As for the pic, if you are gonna go for orange skies, the sun can't be at the same height as clouds, which is what it looks like with the bottom being so bright. If you insist on keeping it I'd suggest adding a body of water to signify a horizon (adding depth of perspective). Also, I can see what you were trying to do but it's not really working. Shana looks randomly placed on a background picture because of the lack of depth.

Lastly, why do those clouds look...um...creamy?
*runs*

...... I'm ok. I can withstand something of this level. Did you think you could take me out with such an amatuerish attack.. *snaps pen* haha.. totally fine.

Cough.. anyways, how's it now? Not sure if it looks terribly convincing..

Nevermind, I was lazy and just decided to finish it. Back to proper practice now. orz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!