• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ;-; None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wilshrile

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
Hello everyone in AS! ^o^ My name is Wilshrile and I want to discuss about the on-going petition ban of Naruto in America and the second petition not to ban Naruto.

I recently read the final chapter of Naruto and I was greatly disappointed with the pairing couple. I watched many Naruto fan youtube video reaction to the pairing couples chose by Masashi Kishimoto. I read many of the fans comments on every youtube video reaction to the Naruto final chapter. Then one of the Naruto fanboy on youtube mention about a petition to ban Naruto in America. At first I thought it was a joke and I decided I will go research for this "ban petition". Ironically, there is a ban petition going on at the moment and the scary part is the ban petition is almost there meeting their goal of 1,000 signatures. :<<

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/naruto-banned-in-usa

^ This website is to sign to ban Naruto in USA

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/naruto-not-to-be-banned-in-america-due-to-narusaku

^ The second website is to sign not to ban Naruto in USA.

I did sign one of the two petition. :T I am a naruto fangirl and I have to admit I was into the romance -cough- however, I do want the banning of Naruto in USA. D: I wished Kishimoto did created an alternative timeline for Naruto like America comic books which they have multiple timelines... O-o Anyhow, I am just sadden by the pairing couple... T^T

discussion:
1) What do you think about Naruto fanboys and fangirls planning to ban Naruto for a personal opinion?
2) How do you feel about the harassment on Kishimoto?
3) How would you end the Naruto final chapter? :3
4) Who do you support on petition?

Reactions: trtlatstewa
I think Naruto ended pretty well and the people that want to ban Naruto and harass poor Kishimoto have no life. It was his choice to end it this way since it was his work. The so called fans who are doing these horrible things are just a bunch of losers and crybabies who had fantasy pairings and are 'so very saaaaaad cause the end of the world is coming because it didn't end the way they wanted'. They should respect his hard work and dedication that he showed us all there years. Ungrateful brats! Now I'm really mad!

Shipping fanboyism, the main problem with all fanbases.

I never felt THAT appealed for Naruto, so, I find the ban pretty much silly just because of their fan preferred couple didn't become a reality for them.

Reactions: trtlatstewa
I'd thought this was some sort of a "ban or not ban Naruto" game, but apparently it's, well, serious?

I'll put aside my opinions on the series itself for a second and just focus on the... petition itself: it won't happen. Not to get political, but if you didn't know, there are a bunch of White House petitions with over 100,000 signatures―which is the required threshold―that haven't even been responded to.

What makes you think a petition replete with grammatical errors, basing its rationale on fandom and personal distaste, started by a random person on a privately-owned and -operated petition site, signed by people from outside the US with pseudonyms, rife with comments obviously written by teenagers, has a chance of even making it to the eyes of the upper echelons in the country?

Still afraid Naruto may get banned in the US through some other means with a better chance of passing than this silly excuse of a fandom rant pretending to be a petition? It's not that easy to ban stuff in the US. But don't take my word for it, see the following for a precedent example (disclaimer: not a legal advice).

Joseph Burstyn, Inc. v. Wilson (Footnotes omitted. Wikipedia / Justia / FindLaw)
(a) It cannot be doubted that motion pictures are a significant medium for the communication of ideas. Their importance as an organ of public opinion is not lessened by the fact that they are designed to entertain as well as to inform.

[...]

(c) Even if it be assumed that motion pictures possess a greater capacity for evil, particularly among the youth of a community, than other modes of expression, it does not follow that they are not entitled to the protection of the First Amendment or may be subjected to substantially unbridled censorship.

I don't see the reason for banning. You say people want to ban Naruto in America because of the final episode's shipping which is ridiculous in my opinion. I haven't read the final chapter yet but I assume that it did not offend anyone in any way nor did it do anything that could be considered as illegal and the only reason for trying to ban it is because some people are upset.

Naruto is Kishimotos story and he can do whatever he wants. He put countless hours of hard work into making the story and pleasing the fan base which should be appreciated rather than hated on. If the shipping went the other way than there would still be people upset. There are too many naruto fans with different likes and preferences and one man/anime cannot please everyone and therefore who are we to ban an anime that lots of other people like? We can't just take the anime away from people that liked the ending.

And you mentioned that Kishimoto will make an alternate universe where the shippings will be different right? He's trying his best to please everyone but like I said it's nearly impossible to do that.

Plus is this even a legit petition that will definitely determine the fate of Naruto in America? :reallyconfused:

Sry for the long post. :D

1) What do you think about Naruto fanboys and fangirls planning to ban Naruto for a personal opinion?
I think they're idiots. I mean come on this is Kishi's story you boys and girls. Stop being so shocked by it all. It's like those who are against it are a bunch of kids who can't get what they want and now they're being so immature by trying to ban it.
2) How do you feel about the harassment on Kishimoto?
I feel sorry for him, after all it's his story and belongs to him. He drew week after week of Naruto, nonstop, so that people like us, could read it and enjoy it. He needs a well rewarded vacation, for himself as a human, and for his married life and family and friends. We should be grateful that he shared such a wonderful imaginative world to us. It was such a saddening, and enlightening journey.
3) How would you end the Naruto final chapter?
I honestly was surprised because I didn't think that there would be that many couples and that many offspring, but it didn't bother me. I'm glad that those people ended up with one another. I mean if you watched the series alot of those couples paired up are people who have had alot of screen time/ panel time together/ bonding together. So it makes alot of sense to me.
4) Who do you support on petition?
The ones who don't ban Naruto. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. I love Naruto because it was the first of its kind and the best of it's kind. I honestly enjoy the manga for reading pleasure and storytelling. I've supported it ever since I was 12 and I'm 25 now. Y'ALL need to COMME DE F*** down. lol. no seriously.

A petition for a ban? This is a joke right?

Over anime and manga......Word to the wise. Nothing lasts forever. Few have runs like this series had either. Grow up and move on. There are tons of new anime released all the time. I like it a lot but its not my whole life.

Also a petition like this will be looked on as a huge joke nothing more.

If anyone actually think that this will do anything at all or carry any kind of weight they are fooling themselves and are either mentally delusional or to young to understand government.

The only way a petition about some sort of anime would even make it into the hands of the government is is if it was detrimental to the country in some way. You are wasting your time even bothering to sign anime petitions. The government would just take one look at this and say "kids"..... and throw it in the the shredder.

Why not send the man a thank you letter for spending so many years of his life on this series for your enjoyment instead of complaining.

Last edited:
Nothing to say to those fangirls :facepalm:. They seriously go as far as signing against and "protesting" for their "ship". It's just a manga, don't make it sound like your rights have been "violated".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
Ignaus wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, do you have this one by any chance? If so, can you please upload if possible?

https://gentleman910.fanbox.cc/posts/7686800
https://www.patreon.com/posts/r18-hmv-60fps-101346789

Thank you.
404notfound wrote on wjooxx's profile.
hi,wjoox
thank you as always!
present for you!!
[東出イロドリ] みがわりのお勉強 [DL版] ↓
https://yourfilestore.com/download/724632/vjhydp.rar.html
please enjoy!!
Lebedev wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[110624] [OVERDRIVE] 電激ストライカー this version of VN you don't have in stock?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM