Would you play a Visual Novel?

Aaeru

Sep 14, 2011
Lots of people watch anime, but I don't think many people play visual novels.
They are prominantly featured in Anime so lots of people at least know about them.(e.g. Ore no imouto, the World God Only Knows).

Do you play visual novels?
If not, why not?

s01_cs1w1_577x500.jpg

I only play visual novel if it has juice (sexual content). The reason for that I do not believe any relationship between a couple would last long without sex, and in addition, I feel absolutely no appeal to those that doesn't have such factor.

So in other word, I will only play eroge. They are cute, they are pure and innocent, they are a bliss ♥ ♪ ♫~

In fact, I have myself a few dozen TB of storage server to store my eroge collection permanently

Eroge, to me, is my code of conduct, my bible (most of my personality was based on a combination of various main character/protagonist in my favorite titles), my life support. It absolutely paint up my life ever since I know about it (in very late of 2007)

It changed me inside out, it gave me all the hope to live, and the power to be what I am later in my life.

... aw check ^ that very strong argument... dont u?
sometimes i playing VN, eroge, etc... and sometime it was better than anime ver.. its like
eroge > anime fan service.. hm.. the order like this.
thrilling VN [C;H, Abyss, Killer Queen, Misshitsu no Sacrifice] > eroge > serious anime [higurashi, umineko, AIR] > VN fan service [ore no imouto PSP, Chaos;Head Love Chu☆Chu! PSP]

btw this is my vote about game VN's/eroge
http://vndb.org/u13766/votes

thrilling VN [C;H, Abyss, Killer Queen, Misshitsu no Sacrifice] > eroge > serious anime [higurashi, umineko, AIR] > VN fan service [ore no imouto PSP, Chaos;Head Love Chu☆Chu! PSP]

I think I play eroge, watch anime for the rabu rabu moment. Hence I don't watch or play anything serious at all, only school romance eroge and anime, the "generic boring crap" kind, the veteran usually tell me, and that's that.

hm.. yea.. but i'm not saying that anime fanservice is crap/bad. therefore i like them.. its kinda refreshing to watch them.. but not for game.. you know.. im not that good with kanji or jappan language.. sometime im using dictionary to play. so if the story doenst have an good ending/story, im just feel that i wasted my time or like that..
b..b.. but.. its not like i like them or anything~! hmphhhhhh! |p

I've played several visual novels. Some for the ero content, but mostly for the story. My favorites including Kara no Shoujo and Swan Song, next up is Katahane.

Think I'm the other way around O_o
I play Visual Novels (both eroge and family) more often than I've watched anime! Partially because I like interactive things more than just sitting there and watch, but also because I enjoy most anime art in the form of VNs (to be clear, more detailed graphics) than anime (which on the other hand, has less details since they are animated).
One other reason could possibly be that my first touch with anime related stuffs was actually from playing a VN!

I play adult VNs (eroge). A lot of the VN anime adaptations feels like they are missing something, because of the adult content being removed.

I would play pretty much any VN that has a good story. But I usually skip the H-scenes, seems kind of weird reading it(don't know why). What got me into it was Tsukihime. I did it out of curiosity, then I got hooked.

To me H scenes don't matter in Visual Novels. I mostly look for nice romantic scenarios but consumer games aren't really big on the collection (I love TokiMemo--that's about it though, and I don't play ones that are based on anime) so I look at eroge instead. NekoNekoSoft used to poop out masterpieces (imo) until they faded QQ

Once in a while I play ones with more serious story like AIR/Clannad/Little Busters/FSN/FHA/Tsukihime/Chaos;Head/etc., but only if they are by major companies. I kinda find minor makers tend to screw up at it.

I would be extreme.
When you enjoy the story skips H scene.
But when you use it will come from a professional.
(Commonly referred to as 抜きゲー)
Although it was a slightly old talk, it fitted into "ru.ru.ru" .

May feel personally read the book game.
Not appeal and there is no power drawn.

"You're Also read the novel. "
Although everything will be spoiled when it is said.

I would be extreme.
When you enjoy the story skips H scene.
But when you use it will come from a professional.
(Commonly referred to as 抜きゲー)
Although it was a slightly old talk, it fitted into "ru.ru.ru" .

May feel personally read the book game.
Not appeal and there is no power drawn.

"You're Also read the novel. "
Although everything will be spoiled when it is said.

uh... i dont get it.. you say "抜きゲー" (nukige) and saying this "When you enjoy the story skips H scene"
and you type it twice... orz
or... you mean nakige?

Yes I would. I actually am starting to play a couple right now. But it's really hard to find non eroge stuff for me on the PC. I have many otome VNs on my PSP and I like playing them. VNs are very fun and I like them a lot.

I am not interested in Visual Novel because I can only choose one of talk and I can not enjoy the game.
However, I liked character design but not their characteristics.

depends on what novel you decide to play, alot of novels out there, so many characters in each novel, thats alot of characteristics. Your bound to find 1 novel youd like =P

I'm in the middle of my first visual novel atm. The Hatsune Miku one i got from Cocona <3
I like it, i think ill find some more

Ooh i wanted to play that one. Is there a DL for it and the english patch on this site? guess ill look around for it

I love visual novels :3 in my opinion if there is a H scene in it, it should only be there as a part of the story, to add to the story not distract away and stuffz o.o.. haha
well im playing one called G-Senjou no Maou atm :) I have too much time to waste

Thanks dox, will dl right away =D. And Yes G-Senjou seems very good. I started playing it but havent had time to get too far. According to vndb its even more popular than YMK (and everyone loves YMK O.o)

Yes, thought about playing them for awhile, then just grabbed FSN and am now somewhere in the game.....

Thats Yume Miru Kusuri right :O
I havnt tried it yet but ive heard good things, im getting one called stiens;gate atm O.o Does anyone know if thats any good :P

No worries, dont forget theres a button for thanking people that makes their profile look awsumerer. is g-senjou eroge?

nay it isnt i think... there is a path to doing something like that but its one of those things that you have to try really really hard to get @.@

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.