Would you go to mars if you could never go back?

LioNeeZ

Little lion man
Elite Member
Dec 23, 2012
Well I jest stomped upon this subject, actually there is a company called MarsOne (with some others) that is planning on colonizing mars by 2023 but you can never go back to earth once you agreed.
than my question will be, would you agree to give up on your life on earth and everything that goes with it to explore mars and making it a second earth?

P.S - of course there is no internet on mars among many other things :XD:

I guess if they were to start a colony on Mars, and had internet, electricity and things like that I wouldn't mind

Mars colonized by 2023? :lmao:
Whoever's in charge of this has been watching too many scifi movies.
P.S - of course there is no internet on mars among many other things :XD:
But we might have very long range wifi by then. Maybe the signals can be bounced off satellites. :desire:

To much (planets the animation "ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ") must be seeing the person who thought that... anyway...

Hmm... itll be annoying to adapt... and this seems like the perfect time to mention [MENTION=46616]InorixShu[/MENTION]; xD But it doesnt actually seem that far off atm :goodtea: Still want my internet though =w= Maybe further in the future when mars gets more colonized but for now.. i dont see any benefits~

dont make fun of Sci fi movies :scared:
I know for a fact that there are some geniuses out there who jest wander around looking for new ideas.
I dont think we should inspire them anymore than they are :goodtea:.

The manned moon landing was in 1969, and they came back alive, how much longer do you think we should wait before attempting Mars?

Obviously mars will be able to communicate with the earth, and internet might be possible, but keep in mind that the latency will probably be a few minutes long XD

I feel that the colonization project still requires scientists and engineers to live there first and ensure everything is running smoothly before it becomes a reality. At this very moment, we'll have a better chance colonizing our oceans than the space around our earth and on ground at Mars. Little need to say that we still require the four essential things to survive in hostile environments. These are Water, Oxygen, Shelter and Heat. Without those things, we'll be in a world of trouble.

Otherwise, if the colonization project bear fruit and requires people who are willing to survive in those states in Mars. I feel that I will only accept the one way trip offer if I was living solo on Earth and wanted to progress the human race by expanding the colony in Mars with the essentials at hand and being able to communicate and receive immediate support when things goes wrong. There's a lot of things that can wrong in these projects and death might just be lesser problem if we're not the only one in this solar system we're in.

I fully expect something to go wrong and for everyone on the trip to perish either before, during, or shortly after landing. The amount of things that can go wrong is simply enormous. If they manage the latter, however, the trip will still provide tons of useful information, and start to establish a base for future attempts.

Hmm... maybe if they had tons and tons of security measure~ Probably should =w=

I'm sure there will be fail safes for their fail safes. Then those will go wrong. XD

Naw I just don't expect them to be able, or even capable of being pessimistic enough to plan for the one specific thing that will bypass all of their fail saves. Then there is also the case of there being people on board and living/dying with each other... (-_-)

lol aliens. There is of course the chance of that, but I would say if I were to give it a 1/1000000000 chance would be very generous on my part.

Personally I would not.
Not that I'm not adventurous, but I have yet to complete that goals that I have set for myself on Earth.
Not to mention I probably get rather sick on the flight there :XD:

Hmm.. wonder what then... an asteroid large enough to destroy them all? =w= Some lack of oxygen because they didnt bring enough plants? xD Lack of water, burning to a crisp, or turning into popsicles?

Hmm.. wonder what then... an asteroid large enough to destroy them all? =w= Some lack of oxygen because they didnt bring enough plants? xD Lack of water, burning to a crisp, or turning into popsicles?

Well other than random complications at launch/landing (which are both really dangerous times), there shouldn't be too much trouble on the way there other than some mechanical failure really. I just don't expect their biodome plan to last very long.

Ahh making a dome =w= Well yeah thatll probably be troublesome... Need to build it in space first and all that annoying stuff xD Wonder if it might be easier to just have floating colonies in orbit around first~

Well that, but mostly making it completely efficient in recycling air and water. They can get energy from solar panels and the like, but they have to find some ways of getting food, water, and air. They have attempted this on earth and it failed rather badly. I'm also guessing that disputes among occupants may quicken the end. There won't be any law and order up there, so if one person starts to go stir crazy that could end the whole project in disaster right there. :P

Hmm.... yeah i doubt the first colonies are going to be that orderly =w= Was talking with inori about how itll be troublesome to adapt on other planets just for gravity reasons though~ Mars is smaller isnt it? I guess itll be less of a problem if theres less gravity but for planets with heavier gravity... wonder what itll do to the body living there for longer times...

talking about inhabating places, Do you know that some companies sell places in outerspace to people? and they actually BUY places they could never reach in their life time, oh and there is also a docoment that states that no nation can own any part of outerspace while a private individual could buy himself some land on the moon.
:goodtea:

Hmm... well if enough individual of a country buy neighboring chunks then its sort of part of that country in a way... xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.