would you come to my manga cafe in the UK?

WOw.... japanese style manga cafee..???? its kind of amazing.. but preety hard work to do... see by list you want make.. pc area,\,tv area,large library of manga... thats in one place.???

maid uniform waitress would be better.. or butler... :)

I believe [MENTION=68]AntiClimax[/MENTION]; had something sort of similar planed for a Café in Canada

Where would the Café be situated in the UK? I might not be able to ever go depending on distance and commitment with other things but I'll take a look if I can.

Tv area... separate soundproof rooms where they can listen without trouble?~ And perhaps choose their own show...~

Pcs... with a library of vn perhaps~ I do think you should separate the 18+ stuff somehow though... Games could attract younger members...

Not really sure how large you plan to make this place but i guess thatll depend on business...~

i BELIEVE there was one in london a few years ago.. albiet it was more of just a store for buying manga/anime/etc and it was rather successful

Where would the Café be situated in the UK? I might not be able to ever go depending on distance and commitment with other things but I'll take a look if I can.

I'd like to do it in London seeing as it the capital, but renting business space in London is bloody expensive so I was thinking of Manchester as a back up city. it's a lot cheaper up north and Manchester is a pretty cool city.

Is it something you'd be interested in going to even if you couldn't actually get to it?

Tv area... separate soundproof rooms where they can listen without trouble?~ And perhaps choose their own show...~

Pcs... with a library of vn perhaps~ I do think you should separate the 18+ stuff somehow though... Games could attract younger members...

Not really sure how large you plan to make this place but i guess thatll depend on business...~

yh i'd deffo have to separate the age restricted stuff. Funnily enough, i was just thinking i've never been asked for ID when buying age restricted manga in U.k :confused:

For the TV area I was thinking of having headphones, and a system where you choose whatever channel wanted to watch, kinda like how you can on an aeroplane ( no idea how I'm gonna do this yet cause I'm not a techy person lol)

I was also thinking of having a couple of exclusive sound proof rooms where people could go hang out and do karaoke, and watch tv ect

WOw.... japanese style manga cafee..???? its kind of amazing.. but preety hard work to do... see by list you want make.. pc area,\,tv area,large library of manga... thats in one place.???

maid uniform waitress would be better.. or butler... :)

butler and maid uniforms would be awesome; I was thinking of doing that. And then maybe if the business got bigger expanding it to include a maid cafe :)

Double post and triple post are highly not recommended, I see what you have done (replying different quotes in different post) but there is no need to do that. Please if possible try to answer questions in one post in the future, thanks!

And that aside, I'm in the south and might be interested nearer to London, but very doubtful if is near Manchester.

Not in the UK so I wouldn't be able to visit your café. Sorry :( But I would definitely poke my head into a store that's like what you described - there isn't something like that where I am

Yes i would definitely come over :D
I think it would be an awesome place to meet cool people and hang out.

I'm doing some research for a business project and I wanted to know. If you guys would you be interested in going to a Japanese style manga cafe?

It will combine elements of the traditional Japanese manga café, with those of a western comic book shop and the services of an internet café. Customers will pay for entry in order to use the large array of services available. The services would include:
-a large library of manga
-seating area
-entertainment area: containing gaming pcs, consoles, and games such as pool and darts ect
-pc area
-tv area: with anime showings
-food

Also feel free to suggest anything you think would be cool to include too. :)

I would visit if I lived in the U.K. :deadsad: I live in the U.S. so I wouldn't be able to visit your Café.

i would come defo! where you planning to make it since im up in Scotland i'd need to pay a bit if it was somewhere like england or that

Basically the same as what King said.

Yes, I would be interested. I'm sure a couple of my friends would also be interested in this as well. But as you've said, the business space would definitely be expensive and I'm guessing entry fee will scale according to rental costs, unless you get a load of customers which will let you tweak around with the prices.

I have no doubt that you will get a lot of customers in the UK seeing as the anime/manga base is pretty huge. Also, with the closing of HMV Gamerbase earlier this year (in Central London), people had to travel further or find other places to use consoles or gaming PCs for casual or competitive play.

I'm just wondering if it's worth doing this sort of thing in London, and whether if the risks outweigh the rewards as I find this to be a huge gamble.

:goodtea:

Hmm... i wonder... would it maybe be 24/7? xD Thatll sort of make costs go up... but perhaps attract some customers that otherwise wouldnt go..~

That would be a worthwhile place to try and visit if you do manage to build one.

I remember watching in J-dramas that some places like a cafe of sorts had a temporary place for you to sleep/rest even overnight unless that's only in J-Dramas then you can ignore this. xP

I agree that you should consider the soundproof rooms and age-restriction based on the VNs, anime, etc. like the others mentioned.

Would be nice to have a few males work there for the female customers and perhaps some of the male customers may feel more comfortable asking questions about certain things to a male worker.

Lol itll practically turn into a motel xD But not a bad place to stay..~ Unless people dislike gaming =w= I wonder about those raging gamers though xD

Sounds pretty cool. Mangas are great. Might have to buy a plane ticket tho I live in nz :)

~Excalibur

Basically the same as what King said.

Yes, I would be interested. I'm sure a couple of my friends would also be interested in this as well. But as you've said, the business space would definitely be expensive and I'm guessing entry fee will scale according to rental costs, unless you get a load of customers which will let you tweak around with the prices.

I have no doubt that you will get a lot of customers in the UK seeing as the anime/manga base is pretty huge. Also, with the closing of HMV Gamerbase earlier this year (in Central London), people had to travel further or find other places to use consoles or gaming PCs for casual or competitive play.

I'm just wondering if it's worth doing this sort of thing in London, and whether if the risks outweigh the rewards as I find this to be a huge gamble.

:goodtea:

Thanks for your reply, you've given me a lot to think about!
Why do you think it'd be a big gamble? And do you think it'd be a good replacement for the HMV Gamerbase. I doubt it'd be on the same scale size wise but maybe it could fill the hole left in market?

Gamerbase itself was very successful. It was HMV's own fault for going bust and forcing Gamerbase along with it. I remember that they had just bought new PCs not too long before it closed down too.

I consider it a huge gamble because manga cafés aren't very common in the UK, and I haven't seen one in Central London, only a ton of manga stores. Café Manga in County Hall, Southbank is the only one from what I've heard but it's more of an actual restaurant than a café or a manga café from what people have said.

Location affects how well a business will do, so there's a chance it'll be a good replacement for Gamerbase assuming you plan to have one in Central London. Tottenham Court Road, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus, Leicester Square are ideal locations for this sort of business, but as I've mentioned before, rental costs will most likely push this idea back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.