Where do you guys come from and where are you living now?

Flamingoat

Jan 30, 2018
I was wondering where are you all folks from. I'd assume a large part of users is from the States, but many of you are discussing so broadly about Japan I should assume you're living there. Is my assumption correct? I think I saw a 4th year Japan college student out here. It makes me interested since I want to study in Japan too.

There are several translations available on the forum rules thread, but have we really got such a large user base? But, there are even Japanese and Vietnamese translations, I cannot imagine people coming from Asia talking in a mainly English forum (not enough to make someone translate the rules into Asian languages, anyway). I really have no idea what this forum is like, so this makes me even more curious.

My question is: what country are you originally from and in which country are you currently living in?
I'm a student in Europe.

Sharing western content is prohibited on this website, so personally I'm not surprised at all that there are many Asian members here. A lot of content which is shared here isn't translated into English. English is a world language, so many Asian people know it to some extent. Personally I'm from Kazakhstan, so I'm an Asian too, and I studied English at school. I can say that English is the most popular second language studied in my country and I know that it is studied in Korea and Japan too. It doesn't mean that everyone who studied it at school is a fluent speaker (people around me are surprised that I can read and speak English fluently), but it still gives a certain basic knowledge which allows to understand and use it to some degree, especially with a help of dictionaries.

Hi, I am from Russia, there is another forum hako.re, although interface can be switched to English, but people there are talking Vietnamese, so I don't understand anything. Also you can't download some content there because of not enough points or posts, I don't understand it, bit they say you must upload something, get enough points and then you can download from their forum.

Anyway, thanks to that forum for a lot of novels and CGs, manga, anime.

Last edited:
Hi there, greetings from mexico, this is one of the best forums that you can find about anime and so, along with hongfire.:goodtea:

From urban dictionary, the Harvard U official reference:
Hongfire
A tracker and forum dedicated to anime and other japanese media stuffs. It would be awesome but the site is down 99.9% of the time.
I cant get the torrent, or post. Hongfire is down again.
Just kidding (I found it funny the first time I came across the urban dictionary definition). Hongfire is a great site also! I'm quite impressed we've literally got people from all over the globe here. I'm still surprised for the Asian members. I'm from Italy and I'd find myself more likely to discuss pizza baking in an Italian forum than world-wide English speaking one (because, we know better about pizza baking, it's our stuff; so it's easier to talk because many people are expert and know it very well, like how making the sauce for pasta too). If I'd be Japanese, I guess it'd be the same with anime, it's practically their cultural product (I'm making it simple and excluding all the other Asian countries from this point of view, intentionally). I'd imagine in the Asian countries scene, big forums much more active than this one regarding anime/manga and so. That's why I find it strange, but still, it's nice to have people from everywhere, and the fact I'm surprised doesn't mean anything bad in particular, if not, well, surprise.

I'm still surprised for the Asian members. I'm from Italy and I'd find myself more likely to discuss pizza baking in an Italian forum than world-wide English speaking one (because, we know better about pizza baking, it's our stuff; so it's easier to talk because many people are expert and know it very well, like how making the sauce for pasta too). If I'd be Japanese, I guess it'd be the same with anime, it's practically their cultural product.
Well, it's purely my guess now, but judging from the fact that I never seem to find any game and etc shared on Japanese websites, it seems that distribution of licensed software is heavily persecuted in Japan. So, although you surely can find a great number of Japanese forums for discussing anime, it looks like you'd hardly be able to find one for sharing it. I think it's the main reason as to why there may be many Japanese on this forum despite English being the main language.

Last edited:
I see, this makes sense. It must be it, good explanation
I saw many torrent are not even translate, so we have a pretty big community. Honestly, it's something which was unexpected for me, but it's very nice to see.

I live on earth something I go to other sectors but mostly I stay here. What can I say? I like earth nice atmosphere

ba DUM

The only thing I can say is that I come from South America and that my country is the longest. Do whatever you wish with that information.

South America. Sigh. Still here. Plan to move to Unites States sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092