What media player do you guys use for your animes?

SairentoGekido

Silent Rage
Dec 2, 2012
I know this topic has probably been covered many a time before, but i would like to get you guys' opinions on which media player is best. Also, if you could explain what is wrong with using VLC media player (I see alot of people hating on it, claiming that it sucks, but not explaining why), i would appreciate it.

hmm I use WMP classic for anime, because it's light and support many encoder. I never use any media player besides it.

about VLC, some of my friends use it, they said that the volume is louder than other players and it really helps. IMO I don't see what's wrong with using it, I mean everyone have their own taste right? If you suited with it that's already enough, don't bother with other people saying ;)

i've always used VLC. you can change aspect ratio, change the volume up to 200%(400% on older versions) and can fix the sound if it's misaligned with the video, and can play a lot of video formats. i like it

For MKV and similar files I use WMP Classic. It's just a personal preference over VLC.

I use MPC. I used to use VLC and WMP before that. WMP has trouble with some files, so I switched to VLC. VLC I only used for a while because it seemed to mess up a few times most episodes for shows. The quality would suddenly drop or become blockly, or even worse just glitch up entirely. So I dropped that. No problems with MPC at all so far, seems very light-weight and reliable.

I use K Lite Mega Codec Pack for most movies because it can play wide range of film.
But sometime I use Windows Media Player to play anime with some unique subtitle or some type of Music MV

i use KMPlayer... this program have many useful tools...
- edit size and text from your tsubtitle
- rotate your video,
- edit contrass, sharpen .... etc
- capture sound, image, and video
- etc
:D:D:D

Reactions: SairentoGekido
i use KMPlayer... this program have many useful tools...
- edit size and text from your tsubtitle
- rotate your video,
- edit contrass, sharpen .... etc
- capture sound, image, and video
- etc
:D:D:D

Hmmm.. Sounds like a winner! I like those options, which is somthing not a lot of other media players can offer.

I use MPC. I used to use VLC and WMP before that. WMP has trouble with some files, so I switched to VLC. VLC I only used for a while because it seemed to mess up a few times most episodes for shows. The quality would suddenly drop or become blockly, or even worse just glitch up entirely. So I dropped that. No problems with MPC at all so far, seems very light-weight and reliable.

Also gonna try MPC, as i have seen some of the issues you are speaking of, though mot very often. (MAYBE once a week).

I'm using VLC. Why? I also used KMPlayer, but it didn't work at the time I installed it, so I uninstalled it right away. Maybe it would work now, who know. I have WMPClassic too, but I have one problem with it. If I'm playing a Bluray disc/rip and want to fast-forward, it freezes for about five seconds and then just plays the song for another five seconds or it doesn't even do that. But I don't have a problem with DVDs, just with Bluray.
And yeah, VLC doesn't have this problem with Blurays, so I'm using VLC :)

And I don't need any special functions, just "Play" and "Stop" ... and it should support full screen, nothing else.

I using two media player, because is at safe site:

- Gom player: Well at avi, and at related lower video-formats enough.

- KMPlayer: At highly quality videos (MKV/BD) use, is better..., and I use it mostly.

I got a new one for you I use SMplayer2 ( Mplayer2 with nice control )

THE BEST !! and most Bad ass with encoder seen to keep up with all the new formats thats come out this days

Plays hi10p files and dont need any progam on the side and got all the functions vlc got and more

and dont use another to play anime with

I stll got VlC but to only play mp4 files because I like to play music videos on it but thinking of only gonna use Winamp for that

To answer to your another question SairentoGekido The problem I see with VLC are that it's abit slow with there encoder updates and that they need to get out new versions all time to keep up with another players

Always had problems to play Hi10P MKV files on VLC so I tried SMplayer2 and never happen after that plays blue ray files like nothing at all

Hi10P MKV are expland here

http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/index.php/205/hi10p-info-guide.html

SMplayer2 download for you that like to try it out I LOVE IT (lachs0r’s mplayer2 builds for Windows)

http://mplayer2.srsfckn.biz/

Last edited:
This thread kind of reminds me of a vi vs emacs flamewar (with less flaming for now).

I personally use VLC for everything, reasons:
- Open Source
- Plays everything
- Lightweight
- Cross Platform
- Android remote control

I admit though that I am heavily biased towards VLC, since I use it and its libraries (libvlc) in one of my development projects. The only problem I've ever had with VLC is that until quite recently (like 2.0.0 afaik) there was no support for ordered chapters and 10-bit videos.

SMplayer and KMplayer both have MPlayer as their base afaik, which is a great media player, albeit lacking in a easy to use GUI.

Last edited:
in my point of view : KMPlayer + Combined Community Codec Pack
That will do all the jobs

at least I can play any format full speed + fps

I use MPC-HC, its honestly the best player out there hands down. I have been using it for a few years now and I have had no problem with it ever. Prior, I would use VLC, which was good 85% of the time, but those times I didn't work really turned me off. It would play anything thrown at it, but the picture quality and playback quality were average at best. I would get fragmentation and de-syncing of voice and video.

I use MPC-HC, its honestly the best player out there hands down. I have been using it for a few years now and I have had no problem with it ever. Prior, I would use VLC, which was good 85% of the time, but those times I didn't work really turned me off. It would play anything thrown at it, but the picture quality and playback quality were average at best. I would get fragmentation and de-syncing of voice and video.

really?? i've literally never had a problem with vlc

really?? i've literally never had a problem with vlc

It was only with .MKV files that I really noticed any issues. I would say that it wasn't bad, just that MPC was better. I have had no issues at all, where VLC would fragment or have the video lag a little. However, if VLC worked for you then that's fine. Technically, I am sure there are comparisons that would say one is better, but from general use then I prefer MPC.

Sometimes KMPlayer, for flv, and usually for other file types
Sometimes SplashPRO, because kmplayer not always plays so good as splashpro, some videos kmplayer plays with vertical desync
But they both shows good colors
And SplashPRO in his turn can't plays external audio tracks

Being on a Mac OS X world, I ended up using VLC. Not too many alternative options out there like we have in the Windows arena.

But I'm pretty happy with VLC. It's really capable performance-wise.

MPC-HC
No problem so far, a very light media player. Very happy with it.

I use VLC player. It can also come in handy when I need to pinpoint scenes for gif making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sincy wrote on Shine's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/
chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?