View Poll Results: What do you think of Windows 10?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    6 23.08%
  • Good

    6 23.08%
  • Okay

    9 34.62%
  • Bad

    5 19.23%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What do you think of Windows 10?

  1. #31
    Member Dungzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Age
    32
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
    Points: 6,039, Level: 50
    Points: 6,039, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucumo View Post
    In what sense is it much more organized? Or rather, what exactly? The Microsoft stuff in Windows 7 is organized as well, obviously. I can easily make changes in the control panel, if I so desire. What I install myself, I can choose where to put it (apart from some configurations, save games etc which often go in the user folder). And yeah, personalization. I've done that. I've deactivated a lot of bloat software which made my PC a lot faster. If I want to see the weather or anything of the sort, I can activate it again (or I spend less than 10 seconds looking on the internet where I always am anyway). As far as I know, you adjust system settings only once, so it's not much time saving. Getting to applications? You mean putting shortcuts on the desktop, on the task bar, the start menu or somewhere else? That possibility has been around for a while... The default programs don't mean much if you either don't need it (they will just bloat your PC) or if you already have better ones. The only software I use from Microsoft is Microsoft Office and that, I installed myself.
    I've only had it for a few days so I'm not sure on the specifics but they say a pictures worth a thousand words. Everything you see on the left side is completely personalized the way I set it up. Don't read too much into the programs themselves, those are just what I personally use a lot. You can adjust expand it, change size of icons and move the icons around like a jigsaw puzzle. They don't necessarily have to be right next to each other. Theres much more but its difficult for me to explain when actually asked lol



    As I previously mentioned, The good thing with Windows 10 is that Microsoft didn't change it TOO much(Windows 8 changed it interface too much and got bad reputation for it). If they did then users would have to completely re-adjust and it would detract users from switching OS because they aren't familiar with it. As it stands now, I can recommend upgrading to windows 10. It wouldn't take long to familiarize yourself with it since its basically an improved version of windows 7 and most importantly, its a free.
    Tee likes this.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dungzo For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many
     

  4. #32
    Tee
    Tee is offline
    Otome Bishies' Queen ♛ Tee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    In my own dream world~
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked 436 Times in 132 Posts
    Points: 9,602, Level: 65
    Points: 9,602, Level: 65
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucumo View Post
    In what sense is it much more organized? Or rather, what exactly? The Microsoft stuff in Windows 7 is organized as well, obviously. I can easily make changes in the control panel, if I so desire. What I install myself, I can choose where to put it (apart from some configurations, save games etc which often go in the user folder). And yeah, personalization. I've done that. I've deactivated a lot of bloat software which made my PC a lot faster. If I want to see the weather or anything of the sort, I can activate it again (or I spend less than 10 seconds looking on the internet where I always am anyway). As far as I know, you adjust system settings only once, so it's not much time saving. Getting to applications? You mean putting shortcuts on the desktop, on the task bar, the start menu or somewhere else? That possibility has been around for a while... The default programs don't mean much if you either don't need it (they will just bloat your PC) or if you already have better ones. The only software I use from Microsoft is Microsoft Office and that, I installed myself.
    I'm on Windows 10 and this is the last time in a lifetime I will upgrade my system to a newer version of Windows. You know why? Because Microsoft released a new Windows build too early. It's only been freaking 3 years and they decide to bring "Windows 10" to the market. Windows 8.1 was rubbish and they didn't even bother to fix Windows 8 whether it had any bugs or not. I might be wrong about that but still. I don't think I'll ever upgrade my system again unless technology and computers become way better and more advanced and something new comes in. They plan to make touch screen monitors. I don't like putting a finger on my pc screen or even getting smudge on it. lol. What makes them think I'll buy a touch screen PC? .-.
    Ignore This Signature
      Spoiler: SIGNATURE 
    ♔ The Queen and Ruler of all Bishies and Husbandos ♔

    Hi! (・∀・)ノシノシ Call me Tee, please. Welcome to Anime-Sharing.~ (◠◡◠)✌

  5. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Points: 5,091, Level: 45
    Points: 5,091, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungzo View Post
    I've only had it for a few days so I'm not sure on the specifics but they say a pictures worth a thousand words. Everything you see on the left side is completely personalized the way I set it up. Don't read too much into the programs themselves, those are just what I personally use a lot. You can adjust expand it, change size of icons and move the icons around like a jigsaw puzzle. They don't necessarily have to be right next to each other. Theres much more but its difficult for me to explain when actually asked lol



    As I previously mentioned, The good thing with Windows 10 is that Microsoft didn't change it TOO much(Windows 8 changed it interface too much and got bad reputation for it). If they did then users would have to completely re-adjust and it would detract users from switching OS because they aren't familiar with it. As it stands now, I can recommend upgrading to windows 10. It wouldn't take long to familiarize yourself with it since its basically an improved version of windows 7 and most importantly, its a free.
    So it's pretty much the same as your standard start menu? Mine lists the latest applications that I used and I can put whatever links to applications etc there if I want to. The only thing that I can't do is adjusting the size but that's where the desktop comes into play. And why need a start menu in general, when you can have whatever you use on your screen? You can adjust the size and place it however you want. I can put 192 folders/shortcuts and whatnot there (on my 24'' screen) and even more if I activate free placement. Alternatively, if you don't want to place anything anywhere, just press the start button on your keyboard, type "word" and press enter to open Microsoft Word (not even the mouse is needed for that). That works with applications and folders alike.
    So in essence, I have three options (four, if you count placing shortcuts in your taskbar) to get to my program/folder at the same speed or even faster than what you described/showed.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgywal View Post
    I'm on Windows 10 and this is the last time in a lifetime I will upgrade my system to a newer version of Windows. You know why? Because Microsoft released a new Windows build too early. It's only been freaking 3 years and they decide to bring "Windows 10" to the market. Windows 8.1 was rubbish and they didn't even bother to fix Windows 8 whether it had any bugs or not. I might be wrong about that but still. I don't think I'll ever upgrade my system again unless technology and computers become way better and more advanced and something new comes in. They plan to make touch screen monitors. I don't like putting a finger on my pc screen or even getting smudge on it. lol. What makes them think I'll buy a touch screen PC? .-.
    It's the same for me. I have absolutely no interest in a touchscreen. So any features/programs for that is wasted effort and unneccessary bloatware on your system. Luckily, I'm never one of the early adopters. I'm not there to iron out bugs and I saw what happened to the XP people who switched to Windows Vista as early as it was available.
    Tee likes this.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucumo For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  7. #34
    チェックメートだ pumasrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,678
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 498 Posts
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    I'm really impressed by Win10. I upgraded from Win7 on my laptop, which I use for work and everything else. I didn't have to install a single programm again, everything worked like it did with Win7 and it boots and shuts down in around five seconds (on Win7 it took around half minute on my six year old laptop).

    Primarily I upgraded because of the gaming features I'm looking forward to, like the cross play feature and the XBL-app. I just started the XBL app once, but so far I didn't have the time to try out everything. And if everything works fine I wouldn't mind to upgrade from Win7 on my pc too.

    On the other side I can say that it's not really "finished", since some "features" aren't available in all regions so far. Cortana for example will only work if you choose the right region settings, but anyway, MS said they will add more regions and languages later. But yeah, for me it's not really useful, since I won't use it, haha.

    The upgrade took me around one and a half hour and I haven't noticed anything so far that worked under Win7 but not under Win10. And I'm really happy about the performance boost, so for me the upgrade was worthwile. Now I'll test it for a few months until I upgrade my pc and there I hope I'll see some improvements in the gaming section as well, since I'm primarily using my pc for work and not for gaming.
    Tee likes this.
    Ignore This Signature
    "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the thing you can't hear, and not bothering."

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pumasrevenge For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  9. #35
    Stalker... yeah.. Stalker FL-God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Star Ocean
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts
    Points: 8,533, Level: 62
    Points: 8,533, Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    After seeing many review about Windows 10, anyone concerned with forced security update and Cortana that can track most of computer activities?
    Tee likes this.
    Ignore This Signature
    "TWO in HARMONIES surpasses ONE in PERFECTION"


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to FL-God For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  11. #36
    Junior Member dexteritye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Points: 3,764, Level: 38
    Points: 3,764, Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Windows 10 is "good". I can see this new OS as bad if I want to but objectively, it's good. The new UI is pretty nice. There's a cool tablet mode too.
    Tablet Mode
    It's all pretty neat (albeit all I have said so far are pretty wishy-washy)
    The only(?) problems are privacy settings, and as above mentioned, Cortana and forced security updates.
    As to if I'm concerned, I'm half concerned.
    I have encountered people on the internet having a Disk use percentage problem (Constant 100%) solved by disabling update
    settings (disable background downloading/installing) a while back.
    The forced security update might pose a problem for old computers that can't take it. I personally don't give a damn about it.
    I still have no idea how it'll affect me and so far, it hasn't ruined my computer.

    As for Cortana, it's so ambiguous that it's scary:
    (If people haven't read the privacy statement, here ya go)
      Spoiler: Microsoft Cortana Privacy statement 
    ... Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device. Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.
    Source : Cortana

    The UI is a definite UP like others said. My Programs are working fine (except for Adobe media encoder, not that anyone need to know). I'm kind of surprised no one talked about Edge.
    Edge is pretty limited, but it's better than chrome in terms of memory usage while being as fast as chrome.
    I'm one of those lucky ones that didn't get many problems I had to troubleshoot.

    Despite these pros and cons, it's still nice, I'm a simple man and so far it's nice.
    (Kind of sucks that I lost all my custom tiles I made for windows 8.1)
    Tee likes this.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dexteritye For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  13. #37
    チェックメートだ pumasrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,678
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 498 Posts
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Points: 39,244, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by dexteritye View Post
    As for Cortana, it's so ambiguous that it's scary:
    (If people haven't read the privacy statement, here ya go)
      Spoiler: Microsoft Cortana Privacy statement 
    ... Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device. Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.
    Source : Cortana
    As long as this only applies if Cortana is activated, I don't have to fear anything, haha.
    Furthermore you can still manage the information Cortana collected in the cloud, which also means deletion, if I'm not wrong. At least this is the description of Cortana on Win10, and if it's true, just deactive it and done.

    It's the same with other os and os for mobile phones ... In the end I think the companies don't even inform the user about half of the information they collect. And just because Android for example doesn't inform about collecting of information, this doesn't mean they don't collect information from you.
    Tee likes this.
    Ignore This Signature
    "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the thing you can't hear, and not bothering."

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to pumasrevenge For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  15. #38
    Member Restrict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    I rated Windows 10 "good"
    I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and never used Windows 8, so I cant say much about the difference between Windows 8 and 10. For me it feels like a prettier Windows 7 with some Windows 8 features (like the square thingy). Windows 10, compared to Windows 7, does boot faster and is overall faster. I never wanted to use Windows 8 because I disliked the whole screen of squares (whatever it is called, guess you know what I mean) so Windows 10 was a great opportunity for me to get a newer, faster OS while I am not forced to use the squares.
    Finally I rated Windows 10 "good" because I disliked the Windows 10 Search. Windows 7 would list me like everything with "XXX" in the name but Windows 10 does not do that. For example when I search for "Diablo" on Windows 7, Windows 7 would list me "Diablo III" but Windows 10 does not do that somehow.
    Tee likes this.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Restrict For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  17. #39
    Member Dungzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Age
    32
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
    Points: 6,039, Level: 50
    Points: 6,039, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by mogelbaum View Post
    I never wanted to use Windows 8 because I disliked the whole screen of squares (whatever it is called, guess you know what I mean) so Windows 10 was a great opportunity for me to get a newer, faster OS while I am not forced to use the squares.
    Yup, that is precisely why most people shun windows 8. I mentioned this a few times in my older replies. The interface was too different from what they're use to. The majority of human beings in general are resistant to change. It was a smart move on Microsoft's part to revert back to windows 7's interface and slowly go from there.

    I recommend people do a defrag/optimization of their computer once they upgraded to windows 10. It took me over 6 hours to complete but it will noticeably speed up ur system.
    Tee likes this.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dungzo For This Useful Post:

    Tee

  19. #40
    Veteran Member Leggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    My living room
    Posts
    18,865
    Thanks
    935
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Points: 93,911, Level: 100
    Points: 93,911, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 WinnerWOW #7 Winner

    Re: What do you think of Windows 10?

    Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 today.

    At first look, it seems like the transition to the new system will be okay. Some observations:

    Basic desktop shortcuts haven't changed. What ran before appears to run now.

    The folder display seems a bit more cluttered than I like, but tweaking is possible.

    Cortana looks like a good addition.

    I'm already starting to learn to use the Live Tiles, adding, deleting, and changing what I want. Simple enough.

    Not too happy about what they did with the Library, but there are work arounds, and I suspect they'll change things later.

    Not too thrilled about the changes to the Start button's program display, but maybe I'll get used to it.

    The new default video player isn't very good, but I still have WMP and MPC, so I can re-associate file types as necessary.

    Only been playing with Win 10 for a few hours, but I'd give it a B, so far. We'll see how time, experience, and Win 10 updates change that.

    From a practical aspect, eventually, Microsoft will stop supporting 7, 8, 8.1... like they did XP and Vista, so the sooner I get used to Win 10, the better.


    Edit:

    Had a few more hours to fiddle with Win 10, time to revisit some earlier impressions.

    The main thing is, after a bit of experimenting, I have turned the Start button into a reasonable facsimile of the Win 7 format I'm used to. This addresses the Library, Start, and Live Tiles.

    Figured out how to clean up the initial folder display clutter.

    I'm getting happier with Win 10.
    Last edited by Leggy; August 14th, 2015 at 05:13 AM.
    Tee likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Leggy For This Useful Post:

    Tee

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of this? :)
    By Tee in forum Graphics Showcase
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 16th, 2015, 11:35 PM
  2. Advertising in Anime-sharing? what do you think?
    By Hideki in forum General Discussions & Debates
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: September 13th, 2014, 04:02 PM
  3. What do you think of this comic :P
    By Eternalflamz in forum Spam Section
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: October 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
  4. I'm Japanese but what do you think about Japanese people?
    By vipper_Japanese in forum General Discussions & Debates
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: August 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
  5. What do you think about the new DmC(Devil may Cry 5)
    By XelNaga_Kail in forum Game Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •