Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Toothpaste Has 5000% More Fluoride Than Fluoridated Drinking Water Study.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Re: Toothpaste Has 5000% More Fluoride Than Fluoridated Drinking Water Study.

I don't exactly know what sort of dentists that you've been to but here in the US dentist have explained to me the harmful effects of SWALLOWING fluoride. He has always told me to rinse my mouth out thoroughly after fluoride treatments or even cleanings. Every lable of mouthwash and toothpaste all state to call poison control hotlines if ingested and they also have age limiting labels to avoid children from swallowing in the first place. Also this product is only for adults of 16 years and up, no child should ever be using it not to mention that here in the US anything that is considered "dangerous" or has "powerful" chemicals in them you need a dentists prescription. I know first hand about this because I needed a toothpaste that was more powerful containing high amounts of fluoride, there is lots of warnings and instructions that came with the toothpaste as well telling you step by step how to use it properly. It always warned never to ingest it; I actually think its good to ingest a tiny bit of it in the first place to help build immunities, its the same idea behind those who have peanut allergies. If you eat slight amount of peanuts over time you gain immunity which then can let you eat a whole bag of peanuts without ever having a allergic reaction.

This went on longer than I even wanted to waste my time on... afk forever back to anime, also some friendly advice: don't live in so much paranoia over things like this.
    aexiel likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

@Evangelionheart; the poster of this thread apparently consumed too much fluoride as evident in his way of thinking.
    両儀式 likes this.

Praetorem Kitsune
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran

@aati ; do you eat or drink things with food coloring?

Quote Originally Posted by aati View Post
    Perhaps children should also be taking lead capsules and using lead-fortified toothpaste to prevent lead deficiency?
    The majority of the world already give their children lead capsules. Those capsules also have wheels, come with a plastic or metal frame and have nice paint designs on them. (Matchbox cars)

Also it becomes the parents fault that their children swallowed the toothpaste. The parents failed to properly read the warning/labels/signs etc. and failed to instruct their children on how to properly use so said product.

Warnings are clearly placed on the toothpaste tube and box.

Spoiler: Example 
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1287371-MZZ0HGM.jpg
    Last edited by Will98; December 12th, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
    Ignore This Signature
    Re-upping and repairing game threads.

Filefactory available.
    Rapidgator dropped. Uploading to ul.to

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran

You guys keep talking about toothpaste when the effect listed in the article are from the CURRENT LEVELS OF FLUORIDE IN THE WATER ONLY, YOUR DRINKING WATER. Toothpaste effect have not been added.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelionheart View Post
    I don't exactly know what sort of dentists that you've been to but here in the US dentist have explained to me the harmful effects of SWALLOWING fluoride. He has always told me to rinse my mouth out thoroughly after fluoride treatments or even cleanings. Every lable of mouthwash and toothpaste all state to call poison control hotlines if ingested and they also have age limiting labels to avoid children from swallowing in the first place. Also this product is only for adults of 16 years and up, no child should ever be using it not to mention that here in the US anything that is considered "dangerous" or has "powerful" chemicals in them you need a dentists prescription. I know first hand about this because I needed a toothpaste that was more powerful containing high amounts of fluoride, there is lots of warnings and instructions that came with the toothpaste as well telling you step by step how to use it properly. It always warned never to ingest it; I actually think its good to ingest a tiny bit of it in the first place to help build immunities, its the same idea behind those who have peanut allergies. If you eat slight amount of peanuts over time you gain immunity which then can let you eat a whole bag of peanuts without ever having a allergic reaction.

This went on longer than I even wanted to waste my time on... afk forever back to anime, also some friendly advice: don't live in so much paranoia over things like this.
    The point of the article was to describe the effects of fluoride at just 1 PPM. Now, they have 5000 PPM toothpaste. (And yes, everything to brush your teeth, there's trace amounts left.) The effects listed are FROM THE FLUORIDATED WATER. Did you watch the second video? He's talking about how the fluoride bioaccumulates in most of your food therefore, you're consuming a lot more than you think. Also, you don’t build resistance to fluoride, it accumulates in your body (the pineal gland) and then, you just get cancer. There's a big difference in-between fluoride and food.
    “Do not use in pediatric patients under age 6 years unless recommended by a dentist or physician.”

“They also detailed how fluoride attacks developing babies and may permanently damage growing brains:”
    That's without the baby water people buy which contains extra fluoride. Some even feed them fluoride pills. The only reason people are starting to recognize that fluoride is bad is because conspiracy theorist were letting the word out. Now, at least 15 years later, they finally admitted that; oh by the way, you were drinking a toxic chemical that lowered your IQ, that increased xtimes your chances of getting cancer and made you more brain dead although we wouldn’t do anything about it. Here you go people, 5000x fluoridated toothpaste!

I'm not paranoid, I'm just informed. Look around you, there's a cancer epidemic, people are getting dumber, the US is getting more messed up by the day. You know somethings wrong. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Will98 View Post
    @aati ; do you eat or drink things with food coloring?

The majority of the world already give their children lead capsules. Those capsules also have wheels, come with a plastic or metal frame and have nice paint designs on them. (Matchbox cars)

Also it becomes the parents fault that their children swallowed the toothpaste. The parents failed to properly read the warning/labels/signs etc. and failed to instruct their children on how to properly use so said product.

Warnings are clearly placed on the toothpaste tube and box.

Spoiler: Example 
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1287371-MZZ0HGM.jpg
    Not often. In addition, lead is very bad albeit I don't feel like getting in to it. It took me too long writing all of this already.

How is it the parents fault. They do it because it tastes good. You should tell the kid but he’ll still do it from time to time. There's no way to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by samyeung46 View Post
    Hmm and whats the alternatives anyhow?
    All they have to do is remove the fluoride from the toothpaste and greatly lower fluoride levels in water.

I'm kind of disappointed. I thought some of you would start researching this but it seems like the response is; ‘everything gives cancer so who cares?’.
    I used to think like you guys until I research about all the chemicals they put in our food and the origins of the chemicals, that’s when I realized they're killing us.
    Last edited by FAMAS; December 12th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 2,230 Posts
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassYour first Group
    Awards:
    WOW #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 Participant

Well you havent shown us that this is more than just irrational panic on your part? Youve just been going "Omgomgomg" and repeating the same things over and over which doesnt really compel us to change our minds

I feel that its mostly culture and media thats screwing over the US? Those scientists have all been drinking that water and yet theyre all still top scientists if they are anyhow Its laziness and whatever crap the media promotes telling the "mainstream popular kids" to go and ruin their own lives That is whats wrong with the US

Why not try researching why theres fluoride and what theyre already doing about it? You need to know both sides of the story if you want to convince people
    aexiel likes this.
    Ignore This Signature

~Do you have a wish?~

To the many friends that have come and gone...
    We shall miss you..~ Do drop by if you find yourself nearby..~

Made by an odd neko~
      Spoiler: Test your video editing skills or try a random game~ 

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

I have a dentist friend, and have heard him bring up this subject. OP is correct in that even with careful brushing, there will still be residual fluoride consumption and overdose.

it seems like the response is; ‘everything gives cancer so who cares?’.
    Completely correct. Along with farming pesticides, x-rays, and mercury in fish, it's the tradeoffs of living in a modern society. You will probably get cancer. The better question is, will the cancer kill you before old age? Unlikely.

Also comparing toothpaste to rat poison doesn't help you any.

Praetorem Kitsune
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran

I sometimes work in tobacco fields, planting, spraying, suckering, topping, etc. The chemicals that are used for insect control and plant health are indeed very poisonous.

The chemicals used for the pest control are always diluted with water. This is done because the plants can't handle the full strength of the chems and if too much is used then the surrounding foliage or the tobacco itself can die.

I always wash off after handling the chemicals and from being in the field. How that relates to fluoride is that just like the chems used on tobacco, it is okay for use if:

1. Used correctly
    2. Diluted (Used with water or some other soluble)
    3. Not swallowed.
    4. All the above.

If the fluoride in the toothpaste was such a big concern, then the ADA and the Health Dept. would have already have removed the fluoride. They would have already produced an alternative to toothpaste, they would have just said, "Stop brushing your teeth all together." But since the benefits to fluoride outweigh children eating toothpaste, so the fluoride has stayed.

As a second staple, fluoride free toothpaste is available at some local stores and super markets.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Natural-Ca...-6-oz/12018598

Spoiler: Just One Example 
    両儀式, aexiel, redcat and 1 others like this.
    Ignore This Signature

Filefactory available.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by samyeung46 View Post
    Well you havent shown us that this is more than just irrational panic on your part? Youve just been going "Omgomgomg" and repeating the same things over and over which doesnt really compel us to change our minds

I feel that its mostly culture and media thats screwing over the US? Those scientists have all been drinking that water and yet theyre all still top scientists if they are anyhow Its laziness and whatever crap the media promotes telling the "mainstream popular kids" to go and ruin their own lives That is whats wrong with the US

Why not try researching why theres fluoride and what theyre already doing about it? You need to know both sides of the story if you want to convince people
    I have but I also find out that Hitler used it to render the jews brain dead.

They get you on two fronts:
    The psychological deterioration (media, television, etc)
    The physical deterioration (chemicals your food, in your water, etc)

Irrational fear? If you saw me dumping this in your water supply, would you be cool with that? I guess it's okay if the government does it though.

HOLY SHIT!!! I just found out something new thanks to you!!!
    HAZMAT Class 6 Toxic and Infectious Substances:
    Poisonous material is a material, other than a gas, known to be so toxic to humans that it presents a health hazard during transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Will98 View Post
    I sometimes work in tobacco fields, planting, spraying, suckering, topping, etc. The chemicals that are used for insect control and plant health are indeed very poisonous.

The chemicals used for the pest control are always diluted with water. This is done because the plants can't handle the full strength of the chems and if too much is used then the surrounding foliage or the tobacco itself can die.

I always wash off after handling the chemicals and from being in the field. How that relates to fluoride is that just like the chems used on tobacco, it is okay for use if:

1. Used correctly
    2. Diluted (Used with water or some other soluble)
    3. Not swallowed.
    4. All the above.

If the fluoride in the toothpaste was such a big concern, then the ADA and the Health Dept. would have already have removed the fluoride. They would have already produced an alternative to toothpaste, they would have just said, "Stop brushing your teeth all together." But since the benefits to fluoride outweigh children eating toothpaste, so the fluoride has stayed.

As a second staple, fluoride free toothpaste is available at some local stores and super markets.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Natural-Ca...-6-oz/12018598

Spoiler: Just One Example 
    All of those pesticides bioaccumulate in the earth and get sucked up by the plants. Then, either we or the animal eat them (in general, I'm not sure about the specifics of your case).
    And I hope you're not breathing that and I HOPE you’re wearing armor or something.

Seems pretty high to me. That was in 2010, it rises year after year, epidemic.
    http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/...5711273192042/
    Last edited by FAMAS; December 21st, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Hmmm... I'm still quite new to this forum, so I'm not completely sure when a thread is deemed dead: Please excuse my ignorance in this regard.

I haven't brushed my teeth in ~15 years (yes yes, say its gross if you want), and I have as close to perfect teeth as the next person. I actually stopped brushing my teeth because the taste of toothpaste was really bad, and irritated my mouth (burning etc). I've since adopted the anti-flouride argument as an excuse when people say its a bad thing not to brush your teeth. I'm well aware though that I'm still quite young, and my cavity-free teeth could simply be a result of my young age. So I'm not saying that not brushing your teeth will mean you'll never have cavities...

Now for the actual argument, I actually don't think the trace amounts of flouride you ingest after brushing teeth will have any ill effects. Ofcourse that's just my opinion, and is worth about as much as any other person's.

“The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas.”
    I'm always scared of quotes like the above: It's easy to forget that correlation does not mean causation. Although, they do provide proof in the form of
    They also detailed how fluoride attacks developing babies and may permanently damage growing brains:

”Fluoride readily crosses the placenta. Fluoride exposure to the developing brain, which is much more susceptible to injury caused by toxicants than is the mature brain, may possibly lead to damage of a permanent nature.”
    so perhaps I should be worried :/

As a sidenote: Rat poison would probably not be that bad for you: afaik rat poison is basically a blood thinner, which is trace amounts might do some good

Praetorem Kitsune
    Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by DvorakUser View Post
    Hmmm... I'm still quite new to this forum, so I'm not completely sure when a thread is deemed dead: Please excuse my ignorance in this regard.

As a sidenote: Rat poison would probably not be that bad for you: afaik rat poison is basically a blood thinner, which is trace amounts might do some good
    Your fine and man, that was a good one. ^
    Ignore This Signature

Filefactory available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information