Thinking about the disappearance of a lot of download sites

vsbr

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Since I started watching and downloading things I want (mostly hentai stuff), I cant help but notice just how many of the previous sites have been shut down for no reasons.

Even only on hentai only websites, there are
henarchive
verarchive
18-sex.us(the only one I know that the owner is arrested in Taiwan in 2013)
share-films(site itself is still active, but only showing SIGNIX(what does this even mean?))
hentai knight
hongfire (no more good stuff)
hotfile
depositfile
hentai-crave
Hentai santurary

And now hentai-otaku has no news (showing only advertisement, no selling of web for now) since Dec 15. Even if there is announcement of upgrading servers from mirror site and the web itself is still up, there has been no response from the support team email and the patreon page of the owner has been disabled(self or company unknown).

It has been nothing but disappointment

Most torrents on this site came from sukebei nyaa, I mostly DL from sukebei for various h-stuff, hongfire is good for finding h-games and their mods, but at the same time when you ask for technical help you're more likely to be ignored than to be helped. Sad panda is also a recommended source for various h-doujin/manga/cg/etc but their dl torrents also are uploaded on sukebei. You can argue nhentai but for me their uploads are compressed considerably and the torrent dl is so slow.

The problem is that I want some of the older games(e.g. balder force) which seems to be better if there is direct dl. Even in this place on request not many people will have the things I want. Also the torrents mostly does not provide updated versions of specific games, which forces me to find other websites. I just wish to know why they shut down at the very least

Awwww...people liked the Sanctuary project?? I'm proud to have been a part of it.
474671b0b668.png

Sorry to hear that is a contributing factor to the disappointment. There were reasons for the abrupt disappearance though. Cannot go into the specific details as many were personal matters. But thank you...majority of the reason why I upload is so the younger generation can have stuff from my era. Nice to know that Sanctuary was able to help in a sense.

It will be fun to have some sites like that again. I want to play some of the older games. Maybe some time later next year

Most of the site the op listed are blogs of uploaders in AS.
For the doujin updates, if the source can't be bothered to provide an update, then no one can magically bring you a new version (unless faking the version number, which some uploaders do)

You're highly unlikely to find more updated version elsewhere than AS, because everything get reposted in AS typically in no more than 24 hours anyway.
Most will try to dup you into buying a premium account to access premium-only links.
You might as well spend your time and effort buying legit from dlsite/dmm.

We, on the other hand, ran out of stuff to purchase because almost everything is covered. What get released is only a fraction of what we have available.

Datafile and Bigfile shutted down in 2017. So there is a large chunk of old content disappeared from the internet.

A lot of people have moved on. You'd notice that even here a lot of the power users are gone, requests aren't filled at the same rate as they used to.

Same with streaming services as hell (hentaihaven)

That's a different issue however. A lot of download sites die because there's simply too much competition, and they've got nothing to stand out from the rest of the crowd. People come but they don't necessarily "stay". HH had no issue with website traffic, its policy changes of service providers that screwed them over.

I just wish the guys (JPZ Records) that uploaded a whole bunch of Exit Tunes music to come back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks