Talking as a foreigner?

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
So, I'm wondering since this is kinda my first experience. I've talked with some Indonesians and they think you have to be suspicious of new people, especially foreigners??? Some were pretty rude at first, but others were nice.
I want to know if you've had any experience like this. :/

I'm an Indonesian as well but unfortunately I can't help you so much since I've always been a foreigner in one or another country and when I do interact with other Indonesians it's often that they're in the same situation as I am so really that doesn't really count since 99.9999% (*^。^*)

Though I do feel foreigners get treated alot better than natives in Indonesia (--〆) it's really depending on where you're from..

Last autumn I went to Indonesia and saw haw the white guys and girls in front of me were treated like dieties compared to me, looking alot more like an Indonesian, the person who helped me in the hotel suddenly turned into a slacking bumhole (゜_゜)

However I don't think they're genuinely being nice since white people = $$$ if you catch what I'm saying ( ・´ω・`) So it really depends on how much of a native you look like I think(~_~メ)

I'm not trying to hurt people talking race and all so please blame my and and not my heart if I do m(_ _)m

and of course what I've told pretty much comes from experience when people try to get money

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

I knew it had to do with something about the odd message america gives as a culture. (or lack of :p) It's strange how they were first talking to me like I was a terrorist or something... and it wasn't even in person. :/ I'm pretty sure every culture has people that just aren't nice; people who aren't like themselves. >.< Some people on xbox live assumed that I was a native Asian of some kind and kept making fun of the name I used. Even though it was far from the truth, it still bothered me. :/
I've never been able to stand for myself against such hatred or criticism.. it always gets to me even if it was just a joke. :(

I'd ignore it brotha, players be hating because cats wanna believe that they're better than they actually are, they'll be looking for any "weak spot" to exploit, and it's a lot easier to do that online (≧ω≦*)

It's strange though because my mom who grew up in Indonesia told me of all sorts of stuff how the media idolised America, American culture etc. back in the days (´・д・`)

My dad who's not completely from Indonesian descent (and my granddad) has been discriminated in Indonesia because he has roots from Eastern Asia; heck at one point any Chinese or Japanese names were banned in Indonesia so many names have been changed from then. What I've noticed here in the Netherlands is that lots of Chinese-Indonesians migrate here and change their names back to their original Chinese names they've had to the ones they've had before they were discriminated against and forbidden to use

I kind of understand what you mean. I know a guy who's treated pretty badly since he doesn't fit in any culture. Goes make friends with people from Asia and doesn't get along with them, tries to get along with western people in the country and they don't like him. Funnily enough, he's mixed blood so he's sitting on the fence on the most of the time. Not a bad guy though, just easily misunderstood.

But yeah, some internationals gets treated with suspicion due to the environment the residents live in. Like you wouldn't give a lift on a co-worker that you just met only twice. Even though it's near in the middle of the night, close to midnight.

I've met some experience like that too....I quite understand them. Just imagine, someone just moved the house and their lives to a place they don't know anything about. New life, new culture, new places and new people.....I think it should be very lonely and nervous for them to get to talk to local people. I think they probably scared about the racism, that's why they react aggressive at fisrt to protect themselves

I've been a foreigner as myself...actually many times.
I personally think it is inevitable. As stardice mentioned right above me:P, it is usually nothing personal. [Hopefully?]
To actually move into a new world where you are completely new to everything, it could be very scary and nervous. At the worst, one could feel everyone is against him/her. It could be very stressful, really. Unlike the good ol' times [<--how old is this guy?!] people are not so nice unfortunately...[I mean not always, but..] There are always those individuals who want to exploit these helpless foreigners for their own good. [Especially when a foreigner cannot speak the language of the foreign country.]
I'm sure most of foreigners are acting the way they are just to fit into the new world. In their point of view, they could be very stressed since they have to change the way they speak, eat, wear, shop, play, and etc.
If you ever feel bad because of the treatments you've received from them, just try to understand them a little and talk to them. Who knows, this could be your chance to meet a new friend ;)

^I understand your sentiments about understanding others. Unfortunately many fall short of my expectations and actually took advantage of my generosity.

Regardless, I don't mind people coming and going but at least respect the laws and culture of the country. Seen too many that did otherwise and the results of it.

You have to consider the fact that racism and discrimination is most common online, you will get insulted or offended eventually by people that can't understand you, they might not even try.

Hmm well discrimination... well ive been bullied before... wasnt the brightest kid and didnt really fit into any group... did i even try... well thats pretty much over for now~ seen discrimination plenty of times and heard tons of stories... doesnt even have to be foreigners to be discriminated against like one... i cant say that the stereotypes are completely false but they dont apply to everyone so i try to let them actually show me a bit about who they first~ cant say that i dont find certain people dressed a certain way to not be scary or whatnot though... but if they turn out differently then i will accept that~

I think all of you is foreign for me )
I have some expirience irl (canadian, that he named (or called) himself), it's was strange
Or you mean this forum?
Anyway it's depends on person, really

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sincy wrote on Shine's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/
chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?