So what is it about Anime/Manga/Visual Novels that make them so appealing to you?

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
So what is it about our common love that makes it so appealing to you?

I don't read manga although I have read some in the past and I don't care for visual novels because I'm not a fan of eroge/hentai, however I watch anime well a lot actually according to my signature :P

I used to be a big fan of dramas and sitcoms however a few years back I started to get really really bored with a lot of the shows such as CSI, Cold Case, Numb3rs etc.

During this time I was in real need of something to watch as I didn't have anything to do at night other than hang around some PC forums online which is boring honestly even though I'm a tech fanatic.

I soon got back into anime one night as I was watching a station that had been playing Trinity Blood. Soon after they had shows like Blood+, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha and i found myself amazed over them.

I think partly due to my ever growing dislike of the TV shows I was watching that anime offered a nice refreshing change and I welcomed it with open arms. After a while though I started to get tired of anime because the shows didn't last long enough or I would get frustrated over the lack of an ending (Inuyasha at that time). Because of this I ventured online and found a site that literally amazed me as I had no ideal that so many anime shows existed. By doing so I also realized that some shows honestly don't need more than 12-24 episodes to make a complete story and I have since grown to love these short shows, although some of them I would prefer a continuation of.

During this time I got familiar with subs over dubs and have not gone back to dubs since.

For myself anime appeals to me on so many different levels which TV/Hollywood has never been able to do. I've never been able to get into a show so deep that I'm beyond anxious to get to the next show. I liken anime to that of a good book. It has all the qualities I look for only done with visuals that are not thought up on my own.

So what makes these so appealing to you?

Anime:
-Good story line.
-Nice voice actor/actress (when I said nice, it's not only mean that they have cute voice, but they put feeling into that characters' voices)
-Interesting OP/ED and soundtrack (there reason why I have Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack in my playlist - non-related to anime, thou.)
-Good drawing/graphic/animation

Manga:
-Good story line.
-Nice drawing
-Interesting characters

Visual Novel:
-Good sex scene
-Good story line
-Nice drawing/graphic/animation
-Interesting characters
-Friendly interface
-Interesting OP/ED and soundtrack - the reason why I like Kana ~Imouto~ song, Shiroi Kisetsu by Yajima Sara

Last edited:
Reactions: Perplexing
Anime/Hentai
- Good Art
- Romantic Plot
- Good voice actor/actress
- Good OP/ED/Insert Songs/OST (I'm no longer listen to western music except some game/movie OST, they were like crap after 2005 and I deleted everything in 2007)
- Has no more than 28 episodes per season. Has no more than 3 seasons or a total of 72 episodes per series.
- Proper ending

Manga:
- Good story line.
- Nice drawing
- Interesting characters
- Not not drag over 5 years

Eroge:
- MUST HAVE JUICE (NoJuiceNoDeal™ rules applied)
- Good Art, and not containing too many bugs or choices that break the experience (ah yeah, Key stuff have a lot of bloat choices)
- Must be fun, no excessive drama.
- Must not have rape, NTR, guro
- Interesting characters, unique personality, cute, but not annoying.
- Friendly interface
- Good OP/ED/Insert Songs/OST
- Must not be longer than 50 hours, preferably, 30 hours and shorter.
- Proper ending

It is worth to note that before, I thought that anime was for kids (Naruto, One Piece, Bleach) and hentai game is for perverts.

Not until 2007, I was boring to death, my friend left me a few H-OVA, the general crap (like BibleBlack), while I go through the file list, I notice that he left something very unusual: Mizuiro. I got hooked so badly, and dig in harder to find out more light-theme H-OVA (such as Canvas at that time). Eventually, it all leads to one clue: The Eroge counterpart, and start playing some translated one.

It didn't take too long until some nice OP of Nursery Rhyme OP and Colorful Aquarium delivered the final blows: I deleted everything - every single music that collected (all western, though) and opened a new folder - Exclusively Japan - Eroge/Anime/H-OVA Music

Oh well, I have only 2TB back at that time (in 2007), I've never known that I'd ever need more than 4TB, but I was wrong: 2TB -> 4TB (in early 2008), then 4TB -> 8TB (early 2009), then 8TB -> 16TB (in late 2009), 16TB -> 32TB (in mid 2010), and ... ah well, XXXTB in 2011 (unlimited expansion, using ZFS)

Project AS was planned in 2009 and went official in late 2010.

I also acquired tons of official goods, including but not limited to artbook, dakimakura, tapestry (wants this ♥ ♥ ♥) etc....

Ah well, my life gets from boring to exciting ever since as well, hence... let's just say that it gives me hopes, power, and important knowledge so I can become who I am now. This is my pride that I show to everyone (nah, I'm not hiding anything, not even from my female friends or family lololol, though to my surprise, there wasn't any special reaction from them >.< argh...)

For me its really simple, they look good , fits my " fantasy " and do not have those horrible " attitude " which you see in real life , well for the animes i watch >.< but mostly because the art is stunning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.