So how was your day?

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
Alright so the purpose of this thread is simple, if you want to rant then do so, if you wish to rave then do so :)

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and this has been a focal point for me. I want to give a little insight as to why I am creating this thread. Since 12-23-2008 I have been unemployed 3 times. These periods have been extremely rough for my family and myself. During this time I have become more active internet wise (meaning instead of checking my email and usual sites I have ventured into the world of forums that are far different than what I am accustomed to).

The stress has been tremendous and at times I felt like I was all alone with nowhere to turn. During the first bout of unemployment I turned to anime to alleviate my stress. I was staying up all night watching numerous shows and it helped me cope oddly enough. During the second period which lasted longer than the first I got into bit torrent more and started a journey into the private worlds which are trackers.

Yeah we have the pirate bay, or nyaatorrents and such but we also have a great number of private invite only trackers that for the most part host a wonderful community. When I first got into it I was a member of a well known invite forum. I didn't know what I was doing and I ventured into the forums and then the irc channels they had (which I am thankful for the ircs) from this I met a lot of great individuals with whom I still keep in touch with via trackers I am on or their respective irc channels.

I've always suffered from some form or another with depression. Obviously with 2 kids and a wife to support being laid off was hard because I couldn't do anything for my family other than getting by on bills and making sure they had food to eat. I spent a lot of lonely nights wondering what was going to happen the next day. This place became my refuge and they kept me sane when I was at my lowest. The purpose of this thread is to help others the way that forum did for me. Now of course we don't always have bad times so I want to hear about the good times as well. Hence the rant or rave approach.

Simply put let's talk.

Maybe you had a good week but you feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed and you have no one to talk to. Tell us here I for one am well known for my listening abilities let me offer them to you. :)

Maybe you had the worst day ever and you want to cry but you have no shoulder to cry on, tell me the story and I'll lend both my shoulders to you.

Maybe you have had the best day EVER! and you want to tell the world about it (well us anyways) by all means do so because it makes me happy knowing people I talk to are happy.

The greatest gift given to us in my opinion is the ability to communicate with each other. Maybe you've heard the stories or you have experienced it first hand when a man or woman dies and then soon after their spouse dies to which the doctor says "It was because of a broken heart" It's true in my opinion because they lost a very important gift, the ability to communicate with the one they held so near and dear to their heart.

Let's talk I'm all ears. Let us be the ones that celebrate your day or encourage you in the night. For those who appreciate my words I urge you to do as I am and lets be there for all who post. All posts are welcomed long or short and are most encouraged.

Reactions: Kimmy
Well, like most people said, "Life is like a wheel. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down."
I'm sure yours will go up as well soon. I hope that will cheers you up, at least a lil' bit.

I'll post one of my days when I find the right time to post something that are lengthy and boring soon enough, but not now. Gomen.

Plex I hope things get better for you, I have been sitting here since you wrote that the other night trying to figure out exactly what to say, and how to respond. I am not the "best" at words when it comes to getting really deep, most of the time I have to get them pried out of me. I will say a prayer for you, and thank you for the offer of if needing someone to chat with your there. I think we all at times need someone we can relate to, or someone that will just listen and not be judgmental on things.

:) Big Huggies! from Kim and Jan!

Reactions: Perplexing
Hmm, sounds tough. I'm not very good with words as well I'm afraid. If you're curious as to how my day went, it went as usual. I woke up, wandered around online, drew some anime (a lot of people say my drawings are good, which makes me happy.), and finished watching Baka to Test. I'm feeling quite happy, not TOTALLY happy, but happy enough~

My day was (and still is) boring. Up at 6 to give my brain time to wake up and go to school, which starts at 9 1/2 and ends at 2. I just got back from school and am just sitting here.

Maybe something cool later this evening... hopefully.

My day was ... awful.

I slept around 7am because I have chronic insomnia, and I just had to go because of total exhaustion. Then my mother called me around 2pm to say that I should wake up and do housework, not knowing the state I was in the days before. Then she lamented about my lack of exercise and that I'm getting fat. Then she jumps into a black hole saying I won't be able to get a boyfriend, or a husband, if I just stayed in the house or spend the time in front of the PC. (This one-sided conversation is really amazing to me). Well, shit, mom. I'm only 25. What's your hurry? It's already 2011.

My day has been pretty good!

Got up early, met with the builders from Montana about the blue prints we had sent for having our home built. We came to a agreement on the price and all the good stuff! Now just got to wait for the contracts to be typed up and signed and we are gonna have our new home built. It is a very exciting day! :)

Crappy part is NOW we got to prep the house here to sell, and decide if we are also selling the house in Pennsylvania as well.

To everyone that has had a bad day I send you hugs! Sometimes a hug is all ya need to make it a little better! :)

A day with 13, I guessed...

9th month, 4th day, the sum is 13.

Turned off my laptop at 2:13am, and wake up at 8:13am (I have a tendency to check the exact number in my clock btw)

For the whole day, I watched 13 anime episodes, and finished Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, which coincidentally has a total of 13 episodes.

But really, nothing else happened... I thought 13 is supposed to be an unlucky number?

Your talk of the number 13 scares me PhantomZwei...

Had a good day. Slept in, made "mountain man" for breakfast and drank soda all morning while eating candy for lunch and I just got back home from a reenactment. Waiting for supper, I'm hungry.

To Mrs. Kimmy, Great to hear about the house and all. Cheers!

Thanks :) glad you had a good time, and I hope you do not get to be diabetic, you need to stop tweaking on so much candy. Glad your not my kid, I would beat you to death LOL! :P kiddin, but yea I would ROFL!

To Mrs. Kimmy: Noooooo! not my candy! Mommmyyyy!!! I don't think I will be a diabetic...But life holds many wonders. The counter to me being allowed to eat as much candy as I want is because I play sports and I have fluorosis. :)

To Pez: Dude...That sucks. But where I live, I have 5 days of rain on the forecast.

I am really tired, burned, itchy and on a sugar high all at once. I feel great!

Dam wish we got some of that rain, I am SO Close to you and we have not gotten a drop yet :( Central Florida was supposed to have 100% chance yesterday, and we didn't get a freakin drop! Pisses me off!

Chill there Kimmy. Haha. I've been praying for a NON rain day. Well it turned out to be just gloomy but no rain. Yay. :3

*Crys* I want rain! <Stomps Foot, Throws Mouse at wall!> I am kidding hehe! We really need some tho bad, even watering our lawn every day, normally 2x a week only, the ground is so dry it just sucks all the water up :(

Good morning Coolio! <3 :)

Afternoon.

Sorry to hear about not getting any rain Mrs. Kimmy. You do know that the weather man (Nicholas Cage) is not very accurate, right?

Wow Nicholas Cage as a weather man!? Never seen it before. :p

Hey there Kimmy. Btw it's 12 am here now. D:

Well pretty tiring day after trying to code some C#. D: Ok have fun guys I shall go to bed. Nightos! :D

REALLY BAD DAY.

Woke up early in the morning, to find that Walkure has been extended again, been awaiting it since 2009, its been long.
Raging since then, even now, not really in an excellent mood. RAWR

With that, my anticipation of september games went out off the window.

:( Sorry Terumi, BIG HUG for you! now it is all better :)

Usually I'd bitch about lack of sleep, depression, bullying or my increasingly irritating case of insomnia but this week is gold! Space Marine comes out on Thursday for which my teachers have planned a strike! hell yes! and the day before that, Wednesday, tomorrow my inter-webs uncaps! haha this week is epic!
sorry to hear about your down-in-the-ditch scenario plex, but as alex said there's always a silver lining just remember to kick ass and chew bubble gum even when your all out of gum.

Bad, very bad week for me. Have to study all day long because I'm going to have my final examination day after tomorrow. Plus, need to stop myself from watching anime and playing games. Duh!

My day has been so so. I was up late and I didn't get a lot of sleep but I enjoyed the conversation I had that kept me up late.

It's a gloomy rainy day which kind of matches my feelings.

Bad, very bad week for me. Have to study all day long because I'm going to have my final examination day after tomorrow. Plus, need to stop myself from watching anime and playing games. Duh!
good luck with your exams! i've got mine in a few weeks >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.